PDA

View Full Version : What Jet To Use

THE BOOBIE BOUNCER 2
06-14-2004, 04:22 PM
I AM BRAND NEW IN JET BOATING,I HAVE BEEN INVOLVED IN DRAG
RACING AND STREET RODS UP UNTILL NOW.THE MOST IMPORTANT THING I HAVE LEARNED OVER THE YEARS IS TO GET ADVISE FROM EXPERIENCE.SO HERE IT GOES,I HAVE A MID EIGHTYS PANTERA JET BOAT 22 FT I AM IN PROCESS OF FRESHENING UP. I JUST INSTALLED A 496 STROKER AND IM AT THE POINT OF TRYING TO FIGURE OUT WHAT TO DO WITH MY JET. IT IS A PANTHER JET AND I AM LEARNING NOT MANY PLACES CARRY PARTS OR WORK ON THEM. ARE THEY OUTDATED? I DONT MIND SPENDING A LITTLE EXTRA MONEY USING ODD COMBOS OR ON SOMETHING THAT WILL WORK BUT ON THE SAME TOKEN IF I AM WASTING MY TIME AND MONEY I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW. AND ALSO CAN I CHANGE PUMP BRANDS ON MY HULL OR IS IT WHAT YOU SEE IS WHAT YOU GET?

Cas
06-14-2004, 05:54 PM
there's a lot of reading you can get yourself a little more up to date on what you have at this link
Panther Jet Forum (http://p210.ezboard.com/fclassic***boatsfrm21)

Nucking futs
06-14-2004, 06:18 PM
Mid 80's in a 22' cruiser with a panther jet...impressive :confused:

ShowDown
06-14-2004, 06:45 PM
Nucking Futs said...
Mid 80's in a 22' cruiser with a panther jet...impressive
He never said he had an a 22' cruiser with a Panther jet that ran in the mid eighties, go reread the post dude.

Nucking futs
06-14-2004, 09:25 PM
My bad,with all those caps i thought thats what i read.but it did say he had a 22' with a panther just not running in the 80's,so i was half right.:cool:

MudPumper
06-14-2004, 10:12 PM
Originally posted by THE BOOBIE BOUNCER 2
I HAVE A MID EIGHTYS PANTERA JET BOAT 22 FT I AM IN PROCESS OF FRESHENING UP.
Well, depending on how you read it, he did say that!!!!!!!;)

LVjetboy
06-14-2004, 10:15 PM
I say, loose the caps. My first thought (if your post no BS) is you won't see what you want with a 22' and a panther with your "drag race and street rod experience." But then, what are your expectations for that 22'? If trolling, we don't need to waste time. Your handle and cap style draw attention. Where do you boat, btw?
jer

THE BOOBIE BOUNCER 2
06-15-2004, 09:06 AM
Iam pretty happy over all with the boat it is a open bow i use for
sking and tubing. I am not looking for miracles i just want the max out of the epuiptment a have. I have had it out once with the new engine and out a total of three times since i bought it last summer i have had to replace alot of stuff but thats a different story. The situation i have is when i am trying to (holeshot) or pull up a skier and get into the secondarys a little to quick it cavitates at least i think thats what its doing. then i have to feather the throttle until i get up some speed then i can throttle down and the boat will pull pretty good. The boat seems to nose over around 5200 i dont no if this is because of the attitude of the boat at that speed or the boat just coming of its power band. I know i need to get rid of the cheesy little fuel switch over valve and step up to a real exhaust sytem. But getting back to my concern with the pump,that is my next project
and i just want to make the smartest move. the engine is a 454
stroked to a 496 with a roller valve train and 9.8-1 comp. Thank
you for the info CAS on that web site. OH WHAT IS BTW? Its quite apparent im new at this so go ahead and have your fun!

JET-O-VATOR
06-15-2004, 01:29 PM
BTW = BY THE WAY

Oldsquirt
06-15-2004, 01:33 PM
Originally posted by JET-O-VATOR
BTW = BY THE WAY
Btw, all caps = yelling :)

likwidsukr
06-15-2004, 04:33 PM
Originally posted by Cas
there's a lot of reading you can get yourself a little more up to date on what you have at this link
Panther Jet Forum (http://p210.ezboard.com/fclassic***boatsfrm21)
I know you would be in on this Steve, My Panther pump pusher.:D

1Bahnerjet
06-15-2004, 04:44 PM
Originally posted by OLDSQUIRT
Btw, all caps = yelling :)
yeah, guys here use abbreviations often.
is there a Dictionary to look up all the different meanings.
really, not everyone knows all the meanings.
Like "Bump" can it mean "hey, your a Bump on my Thread"...
Jet Boat...

calperf19
06-15-2004, 04:50 PM
Boob,
Been working on my buddies boat that has the panther it cavitates everywhere even after panthers 1200hp mod. He's running about 600 hp and I'm ready to cut the back of the boat off and put in the berkeley.
My 2cents BK

GlastronGuy
06-15-2004, 05:13 PM
Originally posted by THE BOOBIE BOUNCER 2
Iam pretty happy over all with the boat it is a open bow i use for
sking and tubing. I am not looking for miracles i just want the max out of the epuiptment a have. I have had it out once with the new engine and out a total of three times since i bought it last summer i have had to replace alot of stuff but thats a different story. The situation i have is when i am trying to (holeshot) or pull up a skier and get into the secondarys a little to quick it cavitates at least i think thats what its doing. then i have to feather the throttle until i get up some speed then i can throttle down and the boat will pull pretty good. The boat seems to nose over around 5200 i dont no if this is because of the attitude of the boat at that speed or the boat just coming of its power band. I know i need to get rid of the cheesy little fuel switch over valve and step up to a real exhaust sytem. But getting back to my concern with the pump,that is my next project
and i just want to make the smartest move. the engine is a 454
stroked to a 496 with a roller valve train and 9.8-1 comp. Thank
you for the info CAS on that web site. OH WHAT IS BTW? Its quite apparent im new at this so go ahead and have your fun!
Cool, you got rid of the caps now buy some paragraphs.
;)

MudPumper
06-15-2004, 05:17 PM
Originally posted by GlastronGuy
Cool, you got rid of the caps now buy some paragraphs.
;)
ROTFLMFAO!! for you new guys this means:
Roll On The Floor Laugh My F ucking Ass Off:D

Cheap Thrills
06-15-2004, 05:21 PM
imo : In my opinion . (you'll see alot of those here :D
lol: laugh out loud . (On occation you will
np: no problem . (never sweat the small stuff
ty: thank you . (dont forget to
rotflmao: rolling over the floor laughing my ass off .
( Oh yeh it'll happen :D)
and that concludes the Cheap Thrills introduction to message board abrevations . tune in next time when we'll learn the alternate spellings for many of my favorite worty derds :D
CIAO 4 Now
C.T. :wink:

Cas
06-15-2004, 05:29 PM
Have you had it apart at all? At least the Stator housing? The Stator housing is what the nozzle is connected to and comes off with the 4 bolts.
There isn't a gasket in there, just silicone so it's pretty easy.

calperf19
06-15-2004, 06:17 PM
Steve,
Thought all of Nor cal was democrat heaven? Still think we should divide the state From Paso Robles down should be socal. With all the gay marrige and the frigen big three Diane fiekelstien/ Barbra dike bitch boxtop/ and Nancy couldn't get laid in a dick storm pussosian!!!! All I can say is line them up got the ak with the hundred round barrel clip!!!!!
Later BK

Cas
06-15-2004, 07:33 PM
:D :D
yea well, I'm pretty much a minority around here but I definitely hold my ground. ;)

calperf19
06-15-2004, 07:43 PM
Well,
At least you guy's got the nascar race there next week! Maybe Jr. could run down those bitches on the parade lap!! Used to race moto x up there when I was a kid livin in san jose. Drink a bottle of cab for me!!
Later steve BK

THE BOOBIE BOUNCER 2
06-16-2004, 09:30 AM
I will pull that stator housing off tonight and take look.I did look
through the intake grate with a flashlight and noticed a couple groves in the housing that appeared as though the impeller draged somthing through,the impeller seemed in good shape. Is
there anything i should look for after i have the stator housing off? What a loaded question.