PDA

View Full Version : Lake Mohave get together

hd&boatrider
06-14-2004, 04:55 PM
A couple of months ago a few of us had talked about maybe getting together on Lake Mohave....Maybe make a dam run and just chill out on the lake.
My question is does anybody want to try to get some dates picked out?
I am in as long as the dates work out for me.
Suggestions?

RiverToysJas
06-14-2004, 05:01 PM
If we can get dates that work, I'll be there.
RTJas :D

OGShocker
06-14-2004, 05:02 PM
Originally posted by hd&boatrider
A couple of months ago a few of us had talked about maybe getting together on Lake Mohave....Maybe make a dam run and just chill out on the lake.
My question is does anybody want to try to get some dates picked out?
I am in as long as the dates work out for me.
Suggestions?
I think we would love it. It's been a long time since we've been to Mohave.
Hmmm. Isn't OP6c 8 going to Mohave next?

hd&boatrider
06-14-2004, 05:08 PM
Originally posted by OGShocker
I think we would love it. It's been a long time since we've been to Mohave.
Hmmm. Isn't OP6c 8 going to Mohave next?
That is the weekend of Sept 25th....Plenty of time to schedule something before then.

hd&boatrider
06-14-2004, 05:09 PM
Originally posted by RiverToysJas
If can get dates that work, I'll be there.
What dates would work for you Jason...Gotta start somewhere :)

OGShocker
06-14-2004, 05:14 PM
We can go most weekends. Just give us a little warning.;)

hd&boatrider
06-14-2004, 05:15 PM
How about the weekend of July 17th as a date to work with? Would any of you prefer during the weekday instead of a weekend?

RiverToysJas
06-14-2004, 05:22 PM
A dam run is out of the question on Monday's and Tuesday's. It's closed to power boats, north of Willow on those days.
I still want to hit the lake during the week of July 19th though, at least for one day. I'll be out there that week. I can't do it on the weekend though.

SHAKE-YO-AZZ
06-14-2004, 05:43 PM
Sounds fun, I'm going for Laber Day weekend. But I can always go. Let me know when everyone decides

dexman38
06-14-2004, 05:45 PM
my boat should be ready by then. i would love to take part in a run. my soon to be boat is a 29 shockwave.

dicudmore
06-14-2004, 05:55 PM
HD, RTJ, you guys plan it and I'm in....
the week you mentioned sounds good at this point.
-Dan

Garrddogg
06-14-2004, 06:14 PM
Originally posted by titties and beer
YOU GUYS COME ON UP TO MEAD THIS WEEKEND A BUNCH OF US WILL BE AT EHCO BAY ON FRI-SAT-SUN:D
We will be there this weekend..
Love to meet everybody!:D

hd&boatrider
06-14-2004, 06:25 PM
Originally posted by titties and beer
YOU GUYS COME ON UP TO MEAD THIS WEEKEND A BUNCH OF US WILL BE AT EHCO BAY ON FRI-SAT-SUN:D
I would love to but this weekend it is staying around home and riding the Harley.

FRENCHIE
06-14-2004, 06:28 PM
ill be goin up 4th of july weekend and then for the wifey's b-day the weekend of july 23 would love to do it if that weekend works??;)

hd&boatrider
06-14-2004, 06:32 PM
We will start working with the dates 7-16 (Friday) to 7-18. Jason, I may stick around for the week after also. Are you saying you can't make it at all that weekend?
I have a few friends coming down from N CA the weekend listed. We were originally going to Lake Mead but changed the plans and they want to go on Mohave.
Who else is in for the 7-16 weekend?

RiverToysJas
06-14-2004, 06:42 PM
I'm driving out to the river on the 18th. I'll be there all week.
titties and beer, why are you yelling at us? LOL I'll be on Mead Sept 17,18,19 for the Laveycraft regatta. Not sure how much free time I'll have though.

hd&boatrider
06-14-2004, 06:44 PM
I'm driving out to the river on the 18th. I'll be there all week.
titties and beer, why are you yelling at us? LOL I'll be on Mead Sept 24,25,26 for the Laveycraft regatta. Not sure how much free time I'll have though.
I may be missing something Jason but I thought 9-25 was for something else that I can't talk about? :)

RiverToysJas
06-14-2004, 06:48 PM
I may be missing something Jason but I thought 9-25 was for something else that I can't talk about? :)
LOL! My mistake, the damn calendar is so full I can't tell one party from the next..... :cool:

Debbolas
06-14-2004, 06:54 PM
:(
I can't go......

OGShocker
06-14-2004, 06:57 PM
I thought 9-25 was for something else
My 12th anniversary!

Garrddogg
06-14-2004, 06:57 PM
Originally posted by Force 26
We will be there this weekend..
Love to meet everybody!:D
that is Mead (right?):eek!:

RiverToysJas
06-14-2004, 07:02 PM
Originally posted by Debbolas
:(
I can't go......
You don't even know when we're going, because we haven't decided yet! Or are you just not allowed to hang out with any of us anymore? :eek: ;) :p

Debbolas
06-14-2004, 07:03 PM
I just know that in July we are going to Lake Powell, so if you guys aren't going there..................I can't go.....:(

Debbolas
06-14-2004, 07:06 PM
Just me and my turkey jerky and two other families at Lake Powell, Lone Rock Beach.....;)

RiverToysJas
06-14-2004, 07:08 PM
We can do Mohave in Aug! I'm always up for a Mohave run!!!

Debbolas
06-14-2004, 07:11 PM
August is the Beach Bash,
just me
my turkey jerky
and a bunch of other boats!
LOL;)

hd&boatrider
06-14-2004, 07:14 PM
Hey....quick hijacking the thread :)...We are trying to get a Mohave trip planned peeps!

Debbolas
06-14-2004, 07:15 PM
opps, sorry
;)

SoCalOffshore
06-14-2004, 07:16 PM
This sounds interesting. Where is the best place I can park my boat in Laughlin? I need enough room for a 32. Would you guys be launching at Cottonwood?

BarryMac
06-14-2004, 07:20 PM
We may be interested, would this be a family trip or just adults? Will I be alright in my little 21'er, it's awful small compared to the big boys on the boards.
gjb

My Man's Sportin' Wood
06-14-2004, 07:24 PM
Originally posted by FRENCHIE
ill be goin up 4th of july weekend and then for the wifey's b-day the weekend of july 23 would love to do it if that weekend works??;)
If you're going to Mohave for the 4th, hop in the boat for a night run down to Davis Dam for the Laughlin fireworks show. We did that last year for the first time and it was the best show I have ever seen.

DryHeatOnly
06-14-2004, 09:25 PM
I'd be interested in a Mohave trip. The weekend of the 17th sounds good so far. That's a week before the Shockwave Regatta, so no conflict there.
I'll just need to know whether to bring the kids or not ;)

dicudmore
06-14-2004, 09:30 PM
lake trip :confused:
I'm in, somebody just pick a date :D

hd&boatrider
06-14-2004, 09:32 PM
Originally posted by SoCalOffshore
This sounds interesting. Where is the best place I can park my boat in Laughlin? I need enough room for a 32. Would you guys be launching at Cottonwood?
If you really need a place I would let you drop it in front of my house. By the way my house is in BHC up in the Sunridge Estates area. When I used to visit Laughlin I always stayed at the Riverside and parked in the lot between the Flamingo and the Riverside.
I have a slip at Katherines so I would be going out from there. Cottonwood or Katherines is fine as we can have a meeting place on the water.

hd&boatrider
06-14-2004, 09:36 PM
Originally posted by gottajetboat
We may be interested, would this be a family trip or just adults? Will I be alright in my little 21'er, it's awful small compared to the big boys on the boards.
gjb
I guess we should leave it up to everybody. I don't have any small kids myself...just a 19 year old.
Here is the deal then...Lets make it July 16,17,18. You guys want kids to attend or not? No difference to me.
You will be OK in the 21 as long as the wind is not blowing on you in the basin area. Other than that you should do fine.
Sounds good?

dicudmore
06-14-2004, 09:39 PM
sounds good HD :D

RiverToysJas
06-14-2004, 09:44 PM
OK, the 18th might work for me. I'll just run straight to the lake after I pick up the boat. Should be able to be on the water by noon. I'll talk to Hustler and see what his plans are.
We'll have kids.

hd&boatrider
06-14-2004, 09:44 PM
We can do Mohave in Aug! I'm always up for a Mohave run!!!
We've been talking about a Mohave run for 2 years Jas :( Lets get it done this time.
Of course it is my home lake if you will so I am usually out there anyhow :)

hd&boatrider
06-14-2004, 09:45 PM
OK, the 18th might work for me. I'll just run straight to the lake after I pick up the boat. Should be able to be on the water by noon. I'll talk to Hustler and see what his plans are.
We'll have kids.
You can make it work Jas....Talk to Brian and Tanya also as well as Joe and Candi.

RiverToysJas
06-14-2004, 09:51 PM
You can make it work Jas....Talk to Brian and Tanya also as well as Joe and Candi.
I'm on it!!! :cool:

hd&boatrider
06-14-2004, 09:55 PM
Hey....we're making progress :)

SoCalOffshore
06-14-2004, 10:09 PM
If you really need a place I would let you drop it in front of my house. By the way my house is in BHC up in the Sunridge Estates area. When I used to visit Laughlin I always stayed at the Riverside and parked in the lot between the Flamingo and the Riverside.
I have a slip at Katherines so I would be going out from there. Cottonwood or Katherines is fine as we can have a meeting place on the water.
Thanks for the great offer, but I wouldn't want to impose. Is the security good at the lot you mention and I assume i can get in and out with my boat? I would be bringing a 16 year old and probably launch out of Cottonwood as I hear Katherines can get real busy with long lines.

RiverToysJas
06-14-2004, 10:14 PM
Thanks for the great offer, but I wouldn't want to impose. Is the security good at the lot you mention and I assume i can get in and out with my boat? I would be bringing a 16 year old and probably launch out of Cottonwood as I hear Katherines can get real busy with long lines.
I've stayed at the Riverside dozens of times with a boat, it's always been fine. I'm sure things can happen, but they can happen anyplace. I've unhitched and left the boat there while we went out in the evening before too (out to HD's place if I remember right ;) ).

RiverForUs
06-14-2004, 11:20 PM
How about:
June 21-27?
or
July 30-Aug 8?
or
Aug 19-23?

Kachina26
06-15-2004, 05:08 AM
I'm gonna be at Havasu for the weekend of 7-23. I'm gonna make the drive to Mohave for at least one day. Can I get there on the water? I'm just teasing, I plan to haul it up there early one morning and meet up with Frenchie and his family. Sounds like you guys are looking at the week before :( Come on Dicudmore you can make it the following weekend too right?

dicudmore
06-15-2004, 05:25 AM
Originally posted by Kachina26
I'm gonna be at Havasu for the weekend of 7-23. I'm gonna make the drive to Mohave for at least one day. Can I get there on the water? I'm just teasing, I plan to haul it up there early one morning and meet up with Frenchie and his family. Sounds like you guys are looking at the week before :( Come on Dicudmore you can make it the following weekend too right?
I'll do my best to make it :D

BarryMac
06-15-2004, 05:43 AM
I have 17, 16 and 11 year old girls that would be coming along, we would probably stay at the Edgewater, they have a secured parking lot for their employees that they will let you park you boat in...
gjb

Kachina26
06-15-2004, 06:00 AM
Originally posted by dicudmore
That's all I can ask, I'll have a few cold Arrowheads on hand for ya:D

OGShocker
06-15-2004, 06:06 AM
Can I get there on the water?
If you go REEEEEAAALY fast.
True story, a buddy of mine came to Havasu (his second time) with us. He heard about an event in Parker he wanted to go to. We were on the lake in the morning and he says "let's run down to Parker". I said OK, we'll put the boat on the trailer and run down there. He says...."Why"? I bust his balls every chance I get on that one.:D

SLOWMAN
06-15-2004, 06:07 AM
A dam run is out of the question on Monday's and Tuesday's. It's closed to power boats, north of Willow on those days.
I still want to hit the lake during the week of July 19th though, at least for one day. I'll be out there that week. I can't do it on the weekend though.
RTJas :D I was just up there this past Sunday, can't go past Willow Beach on Sundays and Mondays.
No restrictions Tuesday thru Saturday.

nodigg
06-15-2004, 07:18 AM
put me in coach!
NO DOUBT (still)

hd&boatrider
06-15-2004, 07:26 AM
Originally posted by nodigg
put me in coach!
NO DOUBT (still)
Does that mean you are coming out Rick?

FRENCHIE
06-15-2004, 10:11 AM
dude ya better!:D

dicudmore
06-15-2004, 10:34 AM
Originally posted by FRENCHIE
dude ya better!:D
you know I've got my house for sale, among other little details, but if at all possible....
lake trip, I'm in :D

Kachina26
06-15-2004, 11:06 AM
you know I've got my house for sale, among other little details, but if at all possible....
lake trip, I'm in :D
Did ya quit your job yet?

nodigg
06-15-2004, 11:48 AM
Does that mean you are coming out Rick?
I'm marking it down and inviting Linda. Are Dale and Lisa coming down? If no Linda I'm taking a hall pass!

hd&boatrider
06-15-2004, 01:07 PM
Originally posted by nodigg
I'm marking it down and inviting Linda. Are Dale and Lisa coming down? If no Linda I'm taking a hall pass!
Yes, Dale and Lisa are coming down from N CA. Hall pass? WTF is that? It will not be one the those typical blowouts...more like a relaxing weekend with some friends Rick. You can see the others that have indicated intrest in the thread. Some will have kids, some not.

dicudmore
06-15-2004, 01:08 PM
Did ya quit your job yet?
still here....
still a little slow, not as bad

Trash
06-15-2004, 03:21 PM
As mentioned previously, this is not completely correct. No powered vessels Sundays and Mondays year round north of Willow Beach. Tuesdays-Saturdays between Memorial day and Labor day are the only times vessels with more than 65 hp can go north of Willow Beach. After that time frame (after Labor day, but before Memorial day) you are limited to 65 hp going north of Willow Beach. Confusing, I know.
So...if you plan on making the trip after Labor day, as one person suggested, a dam run will be out of the question.
If the plan is to do this prior to Labor day, then just make sure one of the days is Tuesday-Saturday for a legal dam run.
The new rules blow in my opinion. We make trips year round and are now restricted in the winter from going north of Willow Beach. If I were to pulled 4 of 8 plug wires do you think that would get me to less than 65 hp??:wink:

RiverToysJas
06-15-2004, 03:36 PM
Labor Day - Memorial day it's closed to 65+ 7 days a week??? When I was there in March, they told me just on weekends. I did it anyway, because they told me after, and I didn't read the bouy all the way.
There was another boat going up when I came down though, and he got a warning.
RTJas

Trash
06-15-2004, 06:53 PM
RTJ,
To summarize, yes, from after Labor day until Memorial day, no powered boat greater than 65 hp can go north of Willow Beach. This blows, I know. I was just there (last week) and was shocked. The signs appear to be fairly new, so I'm not sure when the exact implemenation date was.
Last time I was there (Sept 2003) it was old school, i.e. no restrictions.
Bottom line:
Year round
Sundays & Mondays non powered boats only.
Between Memorial day and Labor day (i.e. summer)
Tuesday - Saturday any boat
Between Labor day and Memorial day (i.e. winter)
Tuesday - Saturday boats up to 65 hp
Not sure of a simpler way to break it down. Took me about 18 reads of the new rules and legal consultation to figure it out.
:wink:

hd&boatrider
07-06-2004, 06:49 PM
Hey...all of you that wanted to do this here is your chance. Who is in? Post it here: http://www.***boat.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&postid=779155#post779155