Larrys Advantage
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/830102_0204_Small_.JPG

DEEZ NUTTS
06-14-2004, 05:06 PM
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/830101_0192_Small_-med.JPG
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/830101_0194_Small_-med.JPG

RiverPirate
06-14-2004, 05:12 PM
Powell still looks beautiful even with the water level being down. Were there any major problems with the water level???

hd&boatrider
06-14-2004, 05:12 PM
Nice pics....You know I have to get up there one of these days. I have never been on Powell before and it looks awfully nice.

DEEZ NUTTS
06-14-2004, 05:24 PM
No problems with water level except beaches. Not much to choose from. You camp across from launch ramps or go up lake 20 miles for the next best. I will not camp anywhere I can see cars or the ramps. 50' more water opens up tons of sandy beach and some of my favorite spots.

dicudmore
06-14-2004, 05:40 PM
nice pictures, thanks for sharing them :D

JetBoatRich
06-14-2004, 05:45 PM
Great pictures, thanks for sharing;) we will have to get out there some day for sure:cool:

DEEZ NUTTS
06-14-2004, 05:49 PM
Pete doin' the dog thing.
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/830101_0185_Small_-med.JPG

FRENCHIE
06-14-2004, 06:33 PM
yea we were going in august, cancelled now for a free trip for a week to lake almanor staying in Grandma-inlaws multi mill$$ home on the water private dock, launch, 12 bedroom!! cant wait.;) :D

BarryMac
06-14-2004, 07:09 PM
Great pic's thanks for sharing...
gjb

dmontzsta
06-14-2004, 07:39 PM
I have always wanted to go to that lake, I like the scenary in the pics I see.

kevnmcd
06-14-2004, 09:02 PM
Originally posted by FRENCHIE
yea we were going in august, cancelled now for a free trip for a week to lake almanor staying in Grandma-inlaws multi mill$$ home on the water private dock, launch, 12 bedroom!! cant wait.;) :D
Lake Almanor is awesome. Not real huge but just a nice relaxing time. We have been up there many times in our friends cabin. Long drive but worth it. Have a great time.

Mrs Luvnlife
06-14-2004, 09:09 PM
Can you stop already??? :D Forget the boats :D, the scenery is BE-U-TEE-FULLLLLLL!! Just can't get enough of that!! Thanks so much for sharing, I need to be there!! Next year....I'm planning already!! :D

DEEZ NUTTS
06-14-2004, 09:14 PM
O.K. Mrs Luvnlife, I will be back there this weekend also and take some scenery pics.

Mrs Luvnlife
06-14-2004, 09:21 PM
Originally posted by DEEZ NUTTS
O.K. Mrs Luvnlife, I will be back there this weekend also and take some scenery pics.
Yea....Yea......more, more.....I can handle it :D.....what you got scenery wise is awesome......all the pics look great....nice to see the boats, but I sooooo love the scenery. My parents live in Sedona and it is soooo beautiful there, but no lakes, of course.....I'm trying to plan a houseboat Powell trip at some point, hopefully before it runs dry. It's the driving time that's killin' me!!! :(
BTW....how far is Powell from Flagstaff???

DEEZ NUTTS
06-14-2004, 09:26 PM
2.5 hours from my door to Wahweap ramp pulling the boat. Takes me longer now that I store the boat in Page and have to load it once I get there.

Mrs Luvnlife
06-14-2004, 09:28 PM
2.5 hours from my door to Wahweap ramp pulling the boat. Takes me longer now that I store the boat in Page and have to load it once I get there.
Oh...........ya kill me!!!! :eek: :D Sucks to be you, huh??? :D :p :D

Debbolas
06-14-2004, 09:35 PM
We are going to camp at Wahweap/Lone Rock beach in July , what is that like?

DeepVee
06-15-2004, 08:15 AM
Deez,
Donziman here. I looked up Ryan's 22ZX. The boat left the factory with a 24P Bravo1 prop. I'm assuming he has the 310HP 7.4L MPI/1.50 Bravo-1 which has a RPM range of 4200-4600 RPM's. If this is the case then he very well may have been hitting the rev limiter at 4800-4900 RPM. I've been told that the older Merc. motors had the rev limiter set 200-400 RPM's above the suggested WOT range. Donzi used to have a guy who's only job was to help with prop issues. He's no longer with Donzi but I talked to him several times and he always recommended running the Bravo1 prop on the stepped bottom boats. I don't know of anyone who has been successful running a three blade prop on a ZX hull. I think Ryan's best bet is to try a 22P Bravo1 for Powell and get the RPM's down into Merc's suggested range.

Uplink
06-15-2004, 01:16 PM
Nice pics, thanks for posting, we were there last September with an Admiral houseboat, had a great time. Powell never lets us down. Mark

GBLASER
06-15-2004, 01:32 PM
We were thinking of going back to Powell this year, not on a houseboat.
Any suggestions of a good place to stay? Probably on the Wahweep side, or not, if there is better accomidations somewhere else.
Even being down the lake still looks great. Any idea if the lake will rise any after the snowpack melts?

RVRKID
06-15-2004, 03:29 PM
Hey Frenchie does she happen to rent the "cabin" out? I love Almanor and we were talking about heading up there next summer. Sorry don't want to hijack the Powell thread, beautiful there also, have a boat already rented for next summer, I'm praying for a big snow pack!

PHX ATC
06-15-2004, 07:48 PM
Originally posted by GBLASER
Any suggestions of a good place to stay? Probably on the Wahweep side, or not, if there is better accomidations somewhere else.
Even being down the lake still looks great. Any idea if the lake will rise any after the snowpack melts?
We always stay at the Day's Inn in Page. A 10 minute drive to Wahweap and they give you donuts and coffee free. Can't beat it.

Outnumbered
06-15-2004, 10:10 PM
Originally posted by Mrs Luvnlife
Can you stop already??? :D Forget the boats :D, the scenery is BE-U-TEE-FULLLLLLL!! Just can't get enough of that!! Thanks so much for sharing, I need to be there!! Next year....I'm planning already!! :D
You'll like this one then...
http://utahoutdoors.com/galleries/Lake_powell/images/lagorce_arch.jpg
Its a surreal place to park your boat and hang out. I can't wait to go back. I think its called Lagorce Arch.
OL

Uplink
06-16-2004, 12:27 AM
We've stayed at the Best Western in Page, used the ramp at Antelope point, its a newer launch and the ramp is close to the parking lot, its about 20 minutes from the hotel, worked out great. Mark

Garrddogg
06-16-2004, 03:15 PM
post more pics ! that place is bitchen lookin:D
I want to go there BIGTIME!!

DEEZ NUTTS
06-16-2004, 03:43 PM
With 50' more water or so we would normaly be around the rock on the left side of the pic and back in the canyon another mile or so.
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/830100_0069_Small_-med.JPG

Mrs Luvnlife
06-16-2004, 04:36 PM
Originally posted by Old Lavey
You'll like this one then...
http://utahoutdoors.com/galleries/Lake_powell/images/lagorce_arch.jpg
Its a surreal place to park your boat and hang out. I can't wait to go back. I think its called Lagorce Arch.
OL
WOW!!!! Thanks.....is that not a post-card picture or what?? I'm gonna kick myself if I don't get there sooner than now! :D Love the Powell pics.....never get tired of looking at that place....keep posting them!!

B-RAD
06-16-2004, 06:57 PM
heres one for you guys

B-RAD
06-16-2004, 07:00 PM
lets try another

BajaMike
06-16-2004, 07:03 PM
Originally posted by FRENCHIE
Almanor is beautiful....u might stop at Lake Oroville on the way up or the way back...it's a big beaufitul lake....only about 60 miles from lake Alamanor.
:D

BajaMike
06-16-2004, 07:06 PM
I always houseboat...but if not houseboating, i would stay the the hotel right at the Wahweep marina.
Don't count on much snowpack melt...i was at Vail/Breckenridge for 2 weeks this winter...not much snow.
:cool:

COELIMINATOR
06-17-2004, 09:12 AM
If we don't start getting some rain in the mountains around here it will be a real interesting year. Sam

welk2party
06-17-2004, 10:37 AM
I got to get to Powell soon!