PDA

View Full Version : It was HUGE

CircleJerk
06-14-2004, 05:33 PM
Our first race is history, period. 25, that's twenty five nostalgic inboards registered to race and passing tech. Two didnt! SS83 in the fast six. Four Laveys in attendance. HUge!

dmontzsta
06-14-2004, 06:51 PM
We all know Laveys are freaks! :)

V-DRIVE VIDEO
06-14-2004, 07:39 PM
Sooooooo???What happened???:)

CircleJerk
06-14-2004, 08:26 PM
Hi Jerr, www.jerseyspeedskiffs.com is where I just spilled some of my guts, but left a little for others to tell......maybe you remember sked? The guy you drove to the lurking position. :D

V-DRIVE VIDEO
06-14-2004, 09:31 PM
Originally posted by CircleJerk
Hi Jerr, www.jerseyspeedskiffs.com is where I just spilled some of my guts, but left a little for others to tell......maybe you remember sked? The guy you drove to the lurking position. :D
:confused: Not on purpose:confused:

CircleJerk
06-15-2004, 04:46 AM
It's OK VD, you're still my soul mate, and you can be assured divorce isnt on my option list! I am still suffering from adrenalin puddling somewhere in my brain.....what's that little cup of fluid that keeps us from getting dizzy? It must be empty!;)

CircleJerk
06-15-2004, 05:39 AM
Pictures are also on Skeds jerseyspeedskiffs.com site.

superdave013
06-15-2004, 05:47 AM
WTF Jerk, You racing Skiff's these days? maybe you could spill the goods here and post a link to it over at the skiff site. Not the other way around!
CA' MON :D

Stab-n-Steer
06-15-2004, 06:27 AM
CJerk,
You guys going to Burley?
S&S

V-DRIVE VIDEO
06-15-2004, 11:49 AM
CJ,
I just finished reading your book over on skeds site (nice site BTW)
You sure left a lot out!:confused:
Please post the results for all of us to enjoy.
Hey Jim Davis,
If you see this, please post the results and give us a recap of the weekend unless Boyd decides to let the cat out of the bag himself.
Thanks JG

cmd
06-15-2004, 08:40 PM
V-Drive video,
Jim Davis's computor is down and out so he will not see your message. I am his brother in Portland and attended the races as crew/spectator for Jim and Justin.
Top class A were two seatle boats both Jones Hulls, two Spokane boats, Boyd Snell in his Lavey and Robbie in his Sanger, a Portland boat(Dave Knott, Beismeyer) and Justin Davis in their (new to them) Beismeyer. All boats started and finished every race. 1st place and winner of every heat was a Seattle Ron Jones hull (SS 90 Deception). He hit every start perfect. Second place was Justin Davis in the Beismeyer. I did not get the order of finish after that but Dave Knott ran well in his Beismeyer but DQ'ed on one start. Boyd ran well but DQ'ed twice I believe on starts. I think the other Ron Jones Seattle boat got third place points.
Justin was turning 6,700 first heat and was up to 7,300 by the final heat with 15 gears. Big improvment over last years frustration after sinking his motor in the Hondo. He did not have any good starts and was dead last by 20 boat lengths on the final heat after one lap but managed a forth running down Robbie and Boyd on the final lap.
Class B had George Nordling in a Lavey, Robin Snell in a Lavey, a capsule beezer from seattle that was on it's maiden voyage after being restored (the eventual winner of the class and definitely fast enough to have been in the first group), Jeff Harnack in Boyd's Sanger, Bill Hamilton from Coeur d' Alene, Scott LaDeux from Spokane (a rookie), and one other boat I can't remember right now.
George Nordling had a rough day with one or two DQ's.
I believe the order of finish was the seattle capsule beezer, then Jeff Harnack who drove well for first time out, and then I believe Scott LaDeux. Don't quote me on this but I think that was the first three placing boats but the order may be wrong.
The weather was cool and wet on Sat. and Sunny and a bit breezy on Sunday. The unlimited lights were fun to watch, when they ran but many heats started with 4 or 5 boats and ended with 2 or 3 running. Top lap qualifiying for that class was at 123.00 over the 1 1/4 mile course. George Woods Jr was the winner of the race and definitely had the most prepared boat. Ran as hard as he wanted it to when every he needed to and put on quite a show coming from behing in two heats to win.
Boyd will evenually give you the official results I am sure and they may differ from my memory. The race went long and we all cleared out before the awards cermony to head home. Jim/Boyd can fill you in on the names of the two Seattle driver's. Jim told me they were both Pro Stock drivers and boats.

V-DRIVE VIDEO
06-15-2004, 09:31 PM
Thank you for posting that, wow!
Sounds like it was a great show and hopefully someone captured it all on tape.
Team Davis Rules:D

CircleJerk
06-15-2004, 10:10 PM
Thanks Mr. C.D. for that report. I still dont have the official results as to all the DQs. I was told one of mine was because I cut the entrance buoy of turn three during the three minute warmup period! Bull! They have different rules and the course within a course, one huge one and our little 3/4 oval, was very hard to read the turn three and four area which had fewer buoys (3). I was told that during the qualifying first heat, I was the second fastest out of 25 inboards right behind SS90 of Kip Brown from Maple Valley Wa. driving Gary Dahls yellow starfire. Gary now has a real problem deciding whether to install a capsule and run SS with the other 4 in the area, or come race with us leading in Nostalgia points. Driver Kip was the only Seattle racer to ever show interest in our group and actually visit one of our earlier races. The other Jones was that of the late Doug Jancura #42 that was posted here for sale by RaysonKid or Superlight. Driven by hard working Lenny Baker also a Jones owner-driver, his best heat was the final but had trouble with all the traffic in the early heats.
The real story centered on the two rookies, one driving my #88 sanger named Brent Harnack in the B heat, and Scott Ledouxe in a very old Lavey running in the C heat placing 2nd overall. Thats impressive when you figure his first two heats had to be run while in the back as rookie training. Brent had never driven a flat bottom period. He had a third, a first, and a second place with a stock 454 and his success was due primarily to his spectacular starts. Incidently, George Nordling in the other 'L' boat were also in this B heat and never were a factor. That was surprising but his Lavey just would not fly with his former Bezer power plant. Then he and I had trouble in the DQ department. Maybe we were victims of L boat haters....? Dave Knott, who lurks here often, of DNR racing was at the wheel of Georges former champion producing Bezer. Power was unknow to me and I dont know anything about his DQ and how he did but he seemed to be ahead of me except the qualifier.
What will be interesting is happening this weekend the 19th were all these boats will again race at Banks Lake for the Racers Reunion. A shorter triangle course with two pin corners and smooth water and most important: a clock everyone can see, will really start a gunfight sprint race within the fast A heat. Missing the Seattle guys to their Renton race, will allow someone to squease into the battle royal. I predict myself, Dave, and Justin there but its anyones guess who will step up to grab the remaining spots. Hopefully George will join me in a 'b' 'L' boat fight to the death! Hey I really need points after Tastin!:)