PDA

View Full Version : Cheap Distributor needed

Dead Weight
06-14-2004, 06:56 PM
I need a cheap Distributor and coil for the Hondo Dragboat Dad, Speedin' Ian and I have put together. It has a mag, but it's locked out, and I don't want to pay to put a curve in it only to have it locked out again when I build a blower motor this winter! Let me know, thanks in advance!

Dead Weight
06-14-2004, 07:00 PM
I'm having problems with the carbs I have on the hondo (Speedin' Hondo) They are vaccume secondaries and they are not opening. It has a tunnel ram, two carbs, on a roller 427 with I believe a .660 cam. ( I have the cam card at Dragboat Dads house). Is there a way I can convert it to mechanical? Should I take the spring out? I don't know much about the vaccume secondaries, so any help is greatly appreciated!

Moneypitt
06-15-2004, 10:16 PM
I've got several different types of BBC dist. I could loan you a standard ol down the road point type, or a mallory dual point, or a HEI. OR we could work out a trade for the MAG!!...I've also got a programable chip, halls effect type mallory....Wanna trade??
If you still need one, give me a call, I'll hook you up with something that will work, I really don't want to sell any, but I will loan you one......Oh hell, make me an offer, I've got too much stuff anyway............498 6531.......Ray

Dead Weight
06-16-2004, 09:02 PM
Moneypit, the distributor that i got was too large in dia., it hit the tunnel ram, do you have one I can buy or use for the summer that is smaller? I'm planning on building a blower motor this winter and don't want to give up or re-curve the mag. just to have it locked out agian. I get home at around 3, but you can call me any time durring the day @ 559 1620. thanks again. Sean