PDA

View Full Version : Thank you

Wet Dream
06-15-2004, 09:01 AM
This weekend was a success. There is a lot of planning, phone work, computers, gatherings, PM's and special prayers to Mother Nature that go into making this thing happen. But all the planning doesn't mean anything if the people don't come to Anna. Without a turnout like this, it would be nothing more than a day of boating on the water. Rumor has it that we had over 40 boats and 65+ people in the cove on Saturday. Nice turnout!! 28 boats went to the islands which was a spectacle in itself. This is year #3 at Anna, our 6th event overall and we did have a major incident. It could have turned out much worse than it was, but as of last night, nothing that requires a cast or surgery was needed. My prayers go out to Dan and Monica for a speedy recovery. I think the dinner went well. As always there was more than enough food and it was fantastic and the bar was a hit. Thank you to Wideopen, Rat, Blown Daytona, and the many other people that donated items to the raffle. All those items make it happen. One concern that I did have is that as soon as the raffle was over, a lot of people left. Others stayed behind and finished up the night until 3am. Sunday made for a nice day of boating without having to worry about getting burnt. And that evening the crew staying at the Lighthouse hosted dinner for us we got to enjoy what we couldn't Saturday night. If anyone has any concerns, suggestions or dislikes you can make it public on the boards or PM it to me. I'll keep it anonymous.
Again, thank you to everyone for showing up. We got to meet new people, put the faces to the names and have a great time.

Mrs.sleekcraft76
06-15-2004, 01:33 PM
Thanks to everyone that made Lake Anna happan. It was great!!

MANIC MECHANIC
06-15-2004, 03:20 PM
"One concern that I did have is that as soon as the raffle was over, a lot of people left."
Sorry bud. We were to pooped to party!
;) Tim

shirkey4750
06-15-2004, 06:43 PM
Had a wonderful time, thanks go out to Bill Tim and Rich and all the other planners for another sucessful weekend.

wideopen545
06-21-2004, 08:52 PM
sorry for the late post
we had a great time met some new friends and saw all the old ones
thanks to everyone for you help its been a long week but we had fun and thats what its all about
rich and lena we had a great time thanks for having us over
hope to see you guys soon
tim & tina

Lady Warhawk
06-22-2004, 04:09 PM
Bill, Danny, and I would like to thank you, and everyone who was at Lake Anna the weekend of June 11th. Ya'll are the best bunch of folks.
Wanted to let everyone know that Danny, and I are doing fine since the jet ski vs boat accident. He has a broken rib, and I have 2 broken ribs. Nothing that time can not heal.
Hope to see everyone next summer.
Monica

wideopen545
06-22-2004, 04:17 PM
Monica glad to see you made it to the boards with a little time you will be a pro at this glad you guys are ok and we will see you on sat tell danny i will call on thur night
thanks tim

MANIC MECHANIC
06-22-2004, 04:28 PM
Glad to hear you are recovering, we hate that the incident occurred at all.
Beverly and I enjoyed meeting you and Dan.
We hope we see you again sooner than next summer!
Tim & Beverly

Mrs.sleekcraft76
06-22-2004, 05:39 PM
Hey Jellomama!!! Glad to see you on the boards. Speak to you soon.
Jamie;)

Lady Warhawk
06-23-2004, 05:21 AM
Thank you for all the good wishes. Tim we look forward to seeing ya'll this weekend. I'll see if I can find out to make jello shooters for Tennie LOL.
Any time any of ya'll are in NC, our door is always open. Danny talked to the game warden, and the prelim shows the jet ski making a hard right, and running into us. That's a bit of good news I thought I would share with you.
Rat, it was wonderful talking to you last night. Jamie, you and Mike don't be strangers.
Tim, and Beverly, WV isn't that far from us.
Question? Since I'm new at posting, how do I use these little icons to the left of the text? Tried it, but it doesn't show the face only writting. Looking forward to meeting with ya'll again.
Monica

MizBubba
06-23-2004, 11:11 AM
That's good to hear, Monica. I'm glad you & Danny are doing OK. Take Care!
-Amy

Lady Warhawk
06-23-2004, 02:26 PM
Amy, I haven't forgotten how much you helped me. I don't know how to ever repay you for your kindness. The gentle touch you have if wonderful.
Hope you, and Alan are doing fine. Take care, and talk to you later.:)
Monica

Lady Warhawk
06-23-2004, 02:30 PM
Jamie, or should I say Mrs Sleek :cool:
With the help of Tennie, and Tim I finally got on board. Not sure how all this works just yet, so forgive any booboo's :o
Monica

fat rat
06-23-2004, 03:30 PM
Hey Jello Mama, it was good to hear from you Guy's. I hope we can all get together before the summer is over......as always we had another great time with some really good people. You and Danny get well and we'll be looking for you and everyone else on the water. ;)

Mrs.sleekcraft76
06-23-2004, 05:37 PM
Originally posted by jellomama
Jamie, or should I say Mrs Sleek :cool:
With the help of Tennie, and Tim I finally got on board. Not sure how all this works just yet, so forgive any booboo's :o
Monica
Your forgiven this time ;) You'll learn within time. I still don't know everything. See you guy's tomorrow night :p

Lady Warhawk
06-24-2004, 03:48 AM
Hey there Rat! Good talking to you the other night. I was a pleasure meeting you, and Lena. ROFL, she is one fiesty lady you have there.:wink:
When Danny,and I are better healed, and mended, we'd love to get together with ya'll. Take care.
Monica

Lady Warhawk
06-24-2004, 03:52 AM
Originally posted by Mrs.sleekcraft76
Your forgiven this time ;) You'll learn within time. I still don't know everything. See you guy's tomorrow night :p
LOL, I may have to be forgiven more than once. I will say I know more about this than Danny, he has NO clue how to post :confused:
We'll be home, too sore to do much of anything. Some days are good, and some are bad. Yesterday was awful:frown:
Monica

MizBubba
06-24-2004, 06:22 AM
LOL, I may have to be forgiven more than once. I will say I know more about this than Danny, he has NO clue how to post :confused:
We'll be home, too sore to do much of anything. Some days are good, and some are bad. Yesterday was awful:frown:
Monica
Did they say how long it would take to heal? Let us know if there's anything we can do for you!

VD CRUISER
06-24-2004, 07:40 AM
jellomama, I didn't meet you guys, but I was in the cove when your incident occured. Glad to hear you'all are not seriously hurt. Hows the boat? Please don't let this deter you from having a good time hot boating. How far are you from Kerr Lake or Lake Norman. We're going to Kerr July 17 for a week.
Barry

fat rat
06-24-2004, 02:37 PM
, she is one fiesty lady you have there.:wink:
Fiesty...........thats putting it lightly, you missed the wind mill to the nut's saturday nite.......another inch closer and she would have laid me out for the nite.

Lady Warhawk
06-24-2004, 03:07 PM
Thank you Amy, we're going to be fine. Prolly about 6 weeks or so if nothing happens. You did so much for me at the lake. Next time we see each other, you will not have to be a care giver.
Thanks again
Monica :cool:

Lady Warhawk
06-24-2004, 03:10 PM
Rat, sorry I missed all the fun :frown:
Glad ya'll enjoyed yourself. Ya'll will have to do a replay for me ROFL.
Monica

Lady Warhawk
06-24-2004, 03:14 PM
Cruiser, we'll be fine, thank you. We had so much fun while there, I don't won't to dwell on the accident. We look forward to going again next summer, good Lord willing, and the creek don't rise.
We're about 3-4 hours from Kerr, and Norman. Maybe longer if hub is driving. I always call him driving Miss Daisy, he's so slow.