PDA

View Full Version : Granite counter tops?

HCS
04-04-2006, 01:27 PM
I here they stain???
REXONE made fun of my kitchen counter tops.
He said they looked like his bathroom floor. So I'm going to replace them.
Do they stain? or what is my best option?
HCS.

Havasu Cig
04-04-2006, 01:37 PM
We have granite at our house in So.Cal. and all the rumours I heard before we got them installed ended up being B.S. We use a spray on sealer once a year and clean with a granite / marble cleaner once in a while. I am happy we chose granite.

Jesster
04-04-2006, 02:03 PM
We did granite tile (Baltic Brown) about a year ago because I wanted to do it myself. It turned out great. We found a company that does edge pieces and corners in bullnose or Roman Ogee and couldn't be happier especially at about a 5k or more savings over what the pro's wanted for solid. We also seal it once a year and use granite cleaner daily and polish weekly (granite gold) is the name of the cleaner and polish. After more than a year we have no stains.

Mandelon
04-04-2006, 03:02 PM
Slab granite is getting really cheap now. You can get prefinished slabs in 8 foot lengths for only a few hundred dollars. It depends on the type you pick and the edge you want. The standard rolled edge is typical. If your kitchen is basic, you can have prefinished granite slabs for less than tile, due to the labor savings.
Check around, I also see ads for them in the parts and equipment Trader. If you take in a template they can have it all cut and waiting for you. The install is pretty easy.

73beast
04-04-2006, 03:51 PM
I here they stain???
REXONE made fun of my kitchen counter tops.
He said they looked like his bathroom floor. So I'm going to replace them.
Do they stain? or what is my best option?
HCS.
Get him back,make fun of his catalog...........