PDA

View Full Version : Poor Service

Boozer
06-15-2004, 10:40 AM
How often do you go to places and get horrible service?
I use to go out on a nightly basis but stopped going out so much because the service just seemed to be getting worse and worse especially at higher end restaraunts.
One night I took my g/f to this really nice steak joint it was $60 a plate nice. When I cut into my steak the thing was almost black inside. I ordered medium well not charred. So of course when the server came back I explained to her that my steak was overcooked. Instead of just apologizing for the mistake and bringing me an unburned steak the manager of the restaraunt came over and argued wih me for 5 minutes on how the steak was medium well and she was completely apaulled by my request for another steak. Needless to say they gave me another steak. But that wasn't the end of it. I ordered a black and tan which the manager told me I could not have because I had already had 3 martini's. I then asked if the pregnant woman sitting 2 tables over from us was served 5 cosmos because she was drinking for 2. We were then asked to pay the almost $200 tab, leave and not return.
Because of that experience and several others that were very unpleasant I stopped going to restaraunts for the most part.
Tell one of your dining horror stories or bar horror stories.

Ziggy
06-15-2004, 10:49 AM
Went to the Dennys at Hwy111 and 74 down in the Indian Wells area...Wife had a cockroach crawl up her shorts, she went hysterical.........so from that point on every little back thing in her food looked like cockroach legs---LOL My daughter still jokes about it everytime we drive by that Denny's.
My big gripe with the upscale places usually have to do with a $50-70 steak and a plate...you want potato or any other compliment for your meal its another $25.

Mr.Havasu
06-15-2004, 10:50 AM
Yours is hard to top!
The only one I have is at Montabna's waiting 3 hours for our dinner while people who came in after us ate and left and we were still waiting for our order which I think never got put in.
Won't go back there either.
Funny it only takes one bad experience to quit going to a restrurant. In Havasu we are going to run out of places to go.

HCS
06-15-2004, 10:56 AM
I never return my food or complain when in a restraunt. They'll
spit in your food. Or maybe even piss on it.
I just don't tip and don't go back.

Freak
06-15-2004, 10:57 AM
Originally posted by warlock25
Yours is hard to top!
The only one I have is at Montabna's waiting 3 hours for our dinner while people who came in after us ate and left and we were still waiting for our order which I think never got put in.
Funny it only takes one bad experience to quit going to a restrurant. In Havasu we are going to run out of places to go.
Been there done that and when we complained the manager said "sorry how about a free desert next time you come in" F**K OFF. I'll never be back.
Problem I have with restaurants lately is they make me physically ill. (Poor food handling) Most of the time on the drive home. Which leaves me running to the bathroom.
My friends like to ask me about buffets. If I can handle them the food is in good shape.

Kachina26
06-15-2004, 11:02 AM
Originally posted by warlock25
Yours is hard to top!
I tried Montana twice and it stunk both times. I'm not even gonna try the Horseshoe again, once was enough. Rod's is the only way to go, no ambiance but the steak is great. Or maybe Shugru's.

Mr.Havasu
06-15-2004, 11:06 AM
Originally posted by Kachina26
I tried Montana twice and it stunk both times. I'm not even gonna try the Horseshoe again, once was enough. Rod's is the only way to go, no ambiance but the steak is great. Or maybe Shugru's.
I completely agree.
They asked us if we wanted another drink while we waited and then charged us for them.
Won't be back!
Won't go to the horseshoe either.
Seems like we have to drive to laughlin for a high price good meal.
But rod's is a favorite for no ambience steak dinner.

IN2-IN2MX
06-15-2004, 11:38 AM
Originally posted by Ziggy
Went to the Dennys at Hwy111 and 74 down in the Indian Wells area...Wife had a cockroach crawl up her shorts, she went hysterical.........
Oh, that is disgusting!!! :yuk: :eek: :frown: I would have freaked too.

MRS FLYIN VEE
06-15-2004, 11:42 AM
we stay home and give each other great service.. :p

Debbolas
06-15-2004, 11:51 AM
Warlock:
We are coming to London Bridge area the last week of June, where is the best place for lunch (with kids) down there.
And
What do you think of the Topock Marina Coffee Shop?
Thanks!
Oh, we need to order more Frenzy stuff. Did my friend Rhonda call you yet, she wants some too.

Havasu_Dreamin
06-15-2004, 12:07 PM
Originally posted by Kachina26
Never had a problem at either one and the steaks were fine.