PDA

View Full Version : Exhaust Mufflers

Lawler
06-15-2004, 11:51 AM
I haven't actually fired the boat up yet but it's a given that it's going to be loud. Has anyone had any success with mufflers or header inserts to quiet it down a little bit? Don't get me wrong I love the sound but I want to make sure I'm legal. Does anyone have any websites or information? I know there different options out there but I don't want to just go buy something and find out that's not good enough. I will be boating around Northern IL and WI and to be lake legal you have to be around 90dB. Anyone have any information?

OMEGA_BUBBLE_JET
06-15-2004, 12:07 PM
www.rexmar.com I assume you have ott headers. I highly recommend the hi-performance mufflers (slip in) that are straight thru design and compliment the sound quite well. It is still loud but not as raspy. It was the best money I ever spent. Just make sure you take them out after every trip. If left in there for extended periods of time they will never come out.
Omega

Lawler
06-15-2004, 12:10 PM
What kind do you have?

OMEGA_BUBBLE_JET
06-15-2004, 12:30 PM
I have the second ones down in this link. they sound great!!!
http://www.rexmar.com/page238.html
Omega

signmaster
06-15-2004, 03:54 PM
wisconsin is 86 decibels & until the 4th of july or so there kinda maen about it I ended up ditching the ot idea and moving my pipes below the water line looks kinda kool and is quote a bit quieter at slower speeds. I pass the warden every time out ,so far ive been ok.Istill mite add mufflers up here its 250$ fine. dont need that:eek: