PDA

View Full Version : Lake Pleasant Info Needed

Havasu Luvr
06-15-2004, 01:19 PM
Ok guys & gals,
would like to hear "Do's & Dont's" for Lake Pleasant. I am planning a weekend trip in the next few months to hook-up with some peeps I met in Havasu during spring break. I would like to stay in a hotel that will accommendate my truck and boat, close to the lake and close to nice dining. Good time to launch sat morning? Name of the cove for hanging out? etc... etc... Any peeps would like to hook up during my stay let me know. I appreciate any info in advance.
Thank you:D

91nordic29
06-15-2004, 01:31 PM
i am sure that alot of us will meet up with you. unfortunately, there arent any hotels really close by. i will see what i can find, though. i am sure that others will have something more to contribute.

Havasu Luvr
06-15-2004, 01:47 PM
Originally posted by 91nordic29
i am sure that alot of us will meet up with you. unfortunately, there arent any hotels really close by. i will see what i can find, though. i am sure that others will have something more to contribute.
Sounds good, any info would help Thanks

roln 20s
06-15-2004, 02:18 PM
Hey buddy- the closest place for good food choices and hotels is around Arrowhead. Lake Pleasant is around 20 minutes from this location, and a relatively easy drive and tow.
Give me a call on my cell- check your PM and I can help you out.
Roln 20s

roln 20s
06-15-2004, 02:44 PM
Hotels-
Extended Stay America- 623-487-0020
Holiday Inn Express- 623-412-2000
La Quinta- 623-487-1900
Springhill Suites by Marriott- 623-878-6666
Comfort Suites- 623-334-3993
Baymont Inn and Suites- 623-933-1633
These are just a few- can't remember all of the others that are over there- I believe there is a Candlewood Suites, CountryInn Suites, and Residence Inn. All of these have been built within the past 7-10 years--all should be nice.
As for restaurants around here-
Chevy's Mexican, Chilis, Texas Roadhouse, Fox and Hound, PF Changs, Cheesecake Factory, Red Lobster, Mike's Grill, Firebirds, Buca de Beppo, Inn n Out, Jack in the Box, MuDuffy's Sports bar/club, Hooters, Cracker Barrel, Red Robin, Black Angus, Fat Tuesday, Fuddruckers, Olive Garden, I think you get the idea. Almost anything that you could want...is there.
Roln 20s

Sandbar Mike
06-15-2004, 02:50 PM
Whats up Stranger:D
How far is Pleasant from Havasu??
Sounds like a good time huh Dave:D

DogHouse
06-15-2004, 03:17 PM
Wow, driving from CA to boat at Lake (un)Pleasant, now there's a concept! :p
Let me know when you'll be out. If I'm in town then I'll definitely want to meet up with ya.
:cool:

roln 20s
06-15-2004, 04:12 PM
How far is Pleasant from Havasu??
Towing a boat- 3-3.5 hours. Its a cool lake, but I wouldn't tow from Cali to Phx for it. The whole lake is approx 8-10 miles long. At 85+ in the Force- you are at the end before you know it.
Definately has the ability to get out of control on Sunday's in Humbug--definately Havasu style, maybe even more young sluts :D
Roln 20s

fourspeednup
06-15-2004, 05:28 PM
Originally posted by roln 20s
Definately has the ability to get out of control on Sunday's in Humbug--definately Havasu style, maybe even more young sluts :D
Roln 20s
mmmmmm....young sluts:p :p

Craig
06-15-2004, 07:43 PM
The lake's OK for a day get together, gets kind of rough on the weekends, but weekdays you can jam :D Weekends are a blast in Humbug. Let us know when you're coming out. Like Roln 20's said, Arrowhead has a bunch of hotels and restaraunts that aren't too far from Pleasant, hell, we're 5 miles from there :) Oh yeah and there's a Hooters there!!!

Huckleberry
06-16-2004, 04:33 AM
We towed the new boat there last weekend from So Cal. It was about 5-5 1/2 hours from Corona. The grade just east of Coachella is a MF'er!!! The lake itself is a nice lake. Kinda on the smallish end, but nice. Look out for the zillions of lake lice in the coves around the campgrounds! The 10-lane launch ramp was in excellent condition and had plenty of parking.

Sandbar Mike
06-16-2004, 06:56 AM
Originally posted by roln 20s
Towing a boat- 3-3.5 hours. Its a cool lake, but I wouldn't tow from Cali to Phx for it. The whole lake is approx 8-10 miles long. At 85+ in the Force- you are at the end before you know it.
Roln 20s
Doesn't sound very worth the tow, We'd be coming from Havasu.
I think HL has a specific reason for this trip. hhmmmm long blonde hair, blue eyes 5,7" 120lbs, Lets go:D :p j/k
At 85+
Roln, you sure know my number don't you ;) .
We are looking at a polished quad rotor set up for install at the end of this season. I'm not sure if I want carb or injected yet. anyhow, hopefully the end result will be over 100mph, hi hopes but we'll see.
see you at the lake brotha

Havasu Luvr
06-16-2004, 08:32 AM
Hey Guys, thanks for all the info
Roln 20s, I will definately give you a call when I decide what weekend I will be there (thanks)
Originally posted by Sandbar Mike
I think HL has a specific reason for this trip. hhmmmm long blonde hair, blue eyes 5,7" 120lbs, Lets go:D :p j/k
Mike, your wrong ! ! ! there is 2 reasons for this trip ;)

roln 20s
06-16-2004, 08:04 PM
Roln 20s, I will definately give you a call when I decide what weekend I will be there (thanks)
Sweet!!!!
We are looking at a polished quad rotor set up for install at the end of this season. I'm not sure if I want carb or injected yet. anyhow, hopefully the end result will be over 100mph, hi hopes but we'll see.
Bad ass buddy- what are you going to be doing with the "old" 600 hp motor? I bet someone on this board could definately use that motor...I'd even think about it for the new Howard :D
Roln 20s