PDA

View Full Version : Lake Powell accomidations

GBLASER
06-15-2004, 02:02 PM
Need to know of any good places to stay for a week or so.
Also does anyone know what the water level will be this summer? I know it is 120' or so down now but will it raise any after the snowpack melts?
We usually do Shasta but this year my kids really want to go to Powell.(probably because of the Brittney Spears video.......I have girls)
Do any of the places have kitchens?
Thanks for the help.

Outnumbered
06-15-2004, 02:07 PM
Originally posted by GBLASER
Need to know of any good places to stay for a week or so.
Also does anyone know what the water level will be this summer? I know it is 120" or so down now but will it raise any after the snowpack melts?
We usually do Shasta but this year my kids really want to go to Powell.(probably because of the Brittney Spears video.......I have girls)
Do any of the places have kitchens?
Thanks for the help.
I think the marinas rent park model mobiles for reasonable prices. We stayed in them a few times; like the night before or after we get the houseboat. They are basic but get the job done and are reasonably close to the water.
OL

Scream
06-15-2004, 02:07 PM
Well, it's supposed to be great conditions this summer, but as for 120 inches short, it's closer to 120 feet short, which has reportedly exposed more sandy beaches and revealed a new and different terrain rarely seen.
We'll be heading there in August for about 10 days and staying in our MH on Lone Rock Beach (where ever that ends up being...)

GBLASER
06-15-2004, 02:10 PM
OK...OK...OK...120 FEET ............Thanks

Scream
06-15-2004, 02:18 PM
Just tryin to help a bruthu out. I didn't want you to drive all that way and say "WTF happened to the lake???"
LOL
HotSpots West had some good info on that subject as well for a while. The lake is low but is still a huge lake. Mead is the same way and we've gone there twice this year so far and have not regretted it.

Moe_Havi
06-15-2004, 04:35 PM
If your staying there a week, you might try 2 days at Wahweep exploring the western end of Powell then trek up about a hundred miles to Bullfrog Marina and Hotel 2 or three days checking the really remote parts. Come back the fifth or sixth day for 1 more night at Wahweep to wind down. Prices run about a little over a hundred a night. Screw the room prices, it's the gas that will kill ya but don't forget, your on VACATION!!! It is still way cheaper than a house boat. I love those guys that pull those huge houseboats out of the Marinas and go right around the corner and park for a week. Yea, we went to Powell.

DogHouse
06-15-2004, 05:11 PM
I think Moe_Havi has the right idea on this one...
:cool: