PDA

View Full Version : Feedback on Dodge Durango

Magnuman
06-15-2004, 05:04 PM
Does anyone have any feedback on the '04 Dodge Durango?
The written reviews have been good.
I am trying to decide between the Durango and the Tahoe.
Thanks.

Outnumbered
06-16-2004, 06:50 AM
Originally posted by Magnuman
Does anyone have any feedback on the '04 Dodge Durango?
The written reviews have been good.
I am trying to decide between the Durango and the Tahoe.
Thanks.
We had a 2001 Durango and it was a great truck. I personally think the new ones are ugly. They remind me of a Dodge Caravan. I would say go Tahoe for looks and better re-sale. They would probably both be good reliable trucks with plenty of power. The Chevy tranny will last longer if you will be doing lots of towing.
OL

mtndewdrops
06-16-2004, 08:26 AM
I heard that Durangos are tough on brakes and ball joints. With the Tahoe you can get On-Star, which is a nice convenience.
I own a GMC Yukon XL and have had good luck with it. I have the 5.3L and tow a 6300LB toy hauler and a 3900LB boat, just not at the same time.

Outnumbered
06-16-2004, 08:56 AM
Originally posted by mtndewdrops
I heard that Durangos are tough on brakes and ball joints. With the Tahoe you can get On-Star, which is a nice convenience.
I own a GMC Yukon XL and have had good luck with it. I have the 5.3L and tow a 6300LB toy hauler and a 3900LB boat, just not at the same time.
I actually had very good luck with the brakes on my Durango. They lasted longer than any of my Chevys. I think its the lighter weight of the Durango vs full-size half-ton P/U. No problems at all with the front end or anything else for that matter. A very good truck.
OL

Magnuman
06-16-2004, 10:42 AM
Lavey,
Is it an '04 Durango?
I was looking at the 2004 with the hemi engine.
Basically the wheelbase is a little longer than the Tahoe and it overall length is a few inches longer.
The weights are about the same, but the towing capacity is greater in the Durango.
I also am not thrilled about the looks of the front end of the Durango but imho the interior is more up to date than the Chevrolet.
I have always had Chevy's but have really been impressed by whats coming out of Dodge/Chrysler these days.
I just boughtt a Crossfire and couldn't be happier with the car.

Lightning
06-16-2004, 10:51 AM
I'm not too hot on the looks of the new Durango, but i'm sure it will grow on me. If it was up to me I would get a Chevy, they always seem to have a better resale value.

Outnumbered
06-16-2004, 12:28 PM
Originally posted by Magnuman
Lavey,
Is it an '04 Durango?
I was looking at the 2004 with the hemi engine.
Basically the wheelbase is a little longer than the Tahoe and it overall length is a few inches longer.
The weights are about the same, but the towing capacity is greater in the Durango.
I also am not thrilled about the looks of the front end of the Durango but imho the interior is more up to date than the Chevrolet.
I have always had Chevy's but have really been impressed by whats coming out of Dodge/Chrysler these days.
I just boughtt a Crossfire and couldn't be happier with the car.
I've got a 2003 Dodge Cummins Quad 4x4 now. The Durango was an 01, old style. I too think the new Dodge stuff rocks. Daimler Benz has done wonders for quality and design at Dodge and Chrysler. The big downer on the Dodge stuff is that re-sale does suck. But like I said, I think it will be a good truck if you plan to keep it for a while.
OL

mtndewdrops
06-17-2004, 08:55 PM
Originally posted by Old Lavey
I actually had very good luck with the brakes on my Durango. They lasted longer than any of my Chevys. I think its the lighter weight of the Durango vs full-size half-ton P/U. No problems at all with the front end or anything else for that matter. A very good truck.
OL
Glad to hear it, must of been my friends driving habits...LOL
My YUKON is rollin 40K miles with original brakes. I tow quite a bit.
I am on my second set of tires though...those cheapo tires they put on the new vehicles are trash.

cc322
06-18-2004, 04:44 AM
Out of the two I would say the tahoe...but dont forget about the expedition, it has a longer wheelbase than the tahoe or the durango, but still shorter thaen the sub:D

Magnuman
06-18-2004, 09:16 AM
I was originally looking at the Expedition, but was turned off by not so great reviews.

Outnumbered
06-18-2004, 09:26 AM
I wouldn't do the Ferd. We rented a 2004 Exploder EB while the Dodge was getting some body work (wife got rear ended). It was a POS and drove like it had 100k miles even though it had only 5k. I couldn't wait to get the Dodge back it drove better with 20k on the clock.
OL

dmontzsta
06-20-2004, 01:11 PM
They are alright.