PDA

View Full Version : Apache Lake

Dawn Patrol
06-15-2004, 05:21 PM
Has anyone been to Apache Lake in Arizona? I'm going July 4th weekend with a bunch of peeps I grew up with (which have never been there either), but have no clue what the Lake and peeps are like there.
Any input on this? Has anyone been there before?
http://www.apachelake.com/home.html

HotRod Sprint
06-15-2004, 05:49 PM
You might try PMing Squirtcha? I think he was just there for a weekend trip himself. Still wish I had jumped on that Air Chair before someone else did.
Rod

Dawn Patrol
06-15-2004, 05:51 PM
Originally posted by HotRod Sprint
Still wish I had jumped on that Air Chair before someone else did.
Rod
I have it again HotRod! My costumer could not get up on it, So I gave the cash back. I'll be at Apache Lake over the 4th if you still want the Air Chair.

HotRod Sprint
06-15-2004, 05:55 PM
I forgot how much you are asking. what was it 10 bucks :D j/k
Rod

DogHouse
06-15-2004, 06:03 PM
Next to Powell, Apache is the most scenic lake in AZ. It's not a big party lake, although there is a sandy beach back in "Party Cove" that gets hoppin' on weekends. A lot of people camp out on the lake because there are a lot of trees and shade along the shorelines. There's also a nice camp ground at Burnt Corral if that's more your speed. The marina has a decent motel but you need to reserve well in advance. Most weekends will see a small handful of "***boats", but mostly it's fishing rigs and more family oriented stuff. The best part is that it's not all that easy to get to and the dirt road scares a lot of people off, so it's usually not too busy. Holiday weekends will be the exception though.
Have fun!
-Brian

Dawn Patrol
06-17-2004, 03:29 PM
DogHouse,
Thanks for the Heads up on the lake. We do have reservations at the Motel. Everyone just wanted to try something different on a big weekend from Havasu & Mohave.
See Ya on the Water.

Sleek-Jet
06-17-2004, 04:08 PM
AZKC goes there some also, and if I ever get my Blazer running I plan on making a few trips this summer as well.

AZKC
06-17-2004, 04:53 PM
As a matter of fact I may be there this weekend:D I have some pics on WebShots I'll post a link when I get home. The Net Nazi's here at work have it blocked.

AZKC
06-18-2004, 07:38 AM
Here's a link to some Apache Lake pics. If you come in from the PHX side you'll be driving on the road in the first few pics. Be careful and be patient:eek:
Apache Lake AZ (http://community.webshots.com/album/72883913gTfVKH)
Party Cove with a small group it can get packed sometimes
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/57Apache_trip_BC_bday0031-med.jpg

Dawn Patrol
06-18-2004, 01:37 PM
AZKC,
Nice photos. One of the boats in our group is a 22' Cobra, White with Purple & Yellow Flames, if you see us, drop by for cold one.
We will be there July 2- July 5.
Thanks again,
AL

Sleek-Jet
06-18-2004, 04:57 PM
KC, is the road paved in from the Globe side, or is it gravel as well??

Some Kind Of Monster
06-18-2004, 09:31 PM
Apache is nice because it is long and smoothes out quickly. As mentioned it is very scenic. If you have trouble with heights don't take fish creek hill in. It's an experience you won't forget quickly. Especially if you are towing a boat. There are several areas where it is straight up on one side of the road, and straight down on the other. Not to mention the one lane road.

AZKC
06-19-2004, 06:17 AM
Originally posted by Sleek-Jet
KC, is the road paved in from the Globe side, or is it gravel as well??
Well its a dirt road from a little west of the Roosevelt Dam, its about 9-10 miles to Burnt Corral (the first campground) on dirt then about another 10 miles to the marina where the motel is but there is also camping available. Usually if we go to the marina we come in from PHX if we're going to Burnt Corral we come thru Globe. The dirt road from the Globe side is pretty twisty but not as steep as Fish Creek Hell :eek:

XTRM22
06-20-2004, 01:48 PM
We really used to love boating at Apache. Nothing like getting one of the beach front campsites at Burnt Corral! I don't know how many times I've turned over bbqing responsibilities to run out for some sundown drag racing right off the wakeless buoys. I just like to boat to much, and the dirt road into Apache is hard on equipment over time, that combined with it taking 3+ hours from Tucson (by the time we stopped to put the covers on the boat) I started going to Havazoo.
Chuck