PDA

View Full Version : pump pictures and info needed

tahitijet
06-15-2004, 11:22 PM
It's been a few years and a move since i disassembled my boat. the baggies i put all the pump bolts in no longer have visable markings as to what they went to. At any rate there trashed and i need new hardware.
Can you guys tell me what is the correct hardware for the intake to suction and suction to bowl on a jc and for the transome adapter.
also can I get some pictures of your cable routing inside and outside i don't remember how the cables passed through the holes in the transom adapter and what pieaces went in there to seal them

tahitijet
06-17-2004, 08:01 PM
bump... anybody?
thanks

Cas
06-17-2004, 09:01 PM
Tahiti,
try this link Berkeley Manuals (http://www.cpperformance.com/TechTips/bjd-manual.htm)
it's the CP Performance online manuals
http://www.cpperformance.com/images/main/AA-Berkel42.JPG

TRG
06-17-2004, 09:15 PM
i just finished my pump today! and here is the first pic of it!
todd
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/662new_pump_pics_002-med.jpg

TRG
06-17-2004, 09:17 PM
1st. i read your post wrong! oops!
2nd. i will check in the morn. what size hdwr i used on my pump!

Cs19
06-17-2004, 09:21 PM
Thats an interesting looking deal there,what bowl is that? AMT or Dominator?
Whats the inside of that part that bolts to the bowl look like inside? and whats the idea behind it? I have never seen one of those before.

Jake W
06-17-2004, 09:36 PM
CS 19 it is a ATM extension 6 inches.I had a thread about it a few pages back asking what the ext did for the pump.
In todds case it all most looks like it is a snoot type deal with the up wedge in it
Jake:D

Cs19
06-17-2004, 09:44 PM
So its just an extention?Why not just run the straight droop or a snoot? Sorry about the hi-jack.
I thought squeezing the jet stream or water down twice is a no no on these types of pumps.
Im assuming the inside has the same contour as the outside.
ill go look for your old thread about this thing.

TRG
06-17-2004, 09:54 PM
it was given to me by a friend and i am curious to see if there is or is not any gain by not deflecting the thrust line, the I.D. is the same as the exit of the bowl all of the way through the end of the extention.
chris, the only reson why i am interested in trying to use this accessory is to plainly see what will or will not happen! easy as that, if no workey, then i'll just put the ol' AT droop back on!...and to see what "you know who" will say about it!:D
Todd
P.S. ive yet to hear any reason why the extention will not work!

Cs19
06-17-2004, 10:01 PM
Originally posted by toddnjuzz
the I.D. is the same as the exit of the bowl all of the way through the end of the extention.
P.S. ive yet to hear any reason why the extention will not work!
Ok I didnt realize the ID was the same as the outlet on the bowl all the way through. Well its an interesting part, hope it works Todd, If I had one, I would be testing it too. Hope to see that Rogers get wet soon!
Found a pic of it in Jakes old thread.
http://www.***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?s=&postid=728952
EDIT: Pic isnt working, oh well

LVjetboy
06-18-2004, 04:05 PM
As I read thru the thread I ask myself the same question...why an extension? Then cs19 ask it already. :)
My thought is an extension will get you more leverage from the diverter, at the cost of internal flow loss and pump efficiency. Other than that I see no benefit. You're adding an extra flange with gasket and interior surface drag of the extension, but if that's outweighed by extra leverage reducing hull drag then, maybe a good thing? Donno. The internal surface area of an extension's less than that of a hull...but flow speed's typically a lot higher.
I'd be interested in your results. But back-to-back testing difficult with steering linkages and all.
jer

TRG
06-18-2004, 05:00 PM
i hope to get the boat back on the water on the weekend of the 31st of july, but it does'nt look too good from this angle.
the hull is ready for gel on mon. and then, the rigging starts there after! looks like july will be a busy one for me!
sorry for the hi-jacking tahitijet, you can have this thread back now.:)

FOURQ
06-18-2004, 07:31 PM
i have heard that the extension will make the boat think it has a set back pump with out all the work of setting it back..but i have also heard that somke boats DONT like them and they get real loose and aired out a little too much..be carefull

BigBoyToys
06-18-2004, 09:11 PM
Originally posted by toddnjuzz
i just finished my pump today! and here is the first pic of it!
todd
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/662new_pump_pics_002-med.jpg
When trailering that thing and driving down the highway at night, I'm thinkin' that it would probably be a good idea to stick some reflector tape on the end of that bucket. Just an idea that may save ya from having that pump ending up somewheres near the front seats.

shaun
06-19-2004, 07:39 AM
Originally posted by FOURQ
i have heard that the extension will make the boat think it has a set back pump with out all the work of setting it back..but i have also heard that somke boats DONT like them and they get real loose and aired out a little too much..be carefull
I though the same.
Pump looks good todd!

AmericanThunder1
06-19-2004, 08:20 AM
Tahiti Jet, I just finished my JC pump the forward reverse cable goes through the top right of the transome plate as your looking at it from the stern. the steering cable goes through the middle left and thats all I got. Your transome boats could look like anything small diam. about 2" long our mine, bowl boats are your biggist boats takes a 3/4 wrench, suction housing small about 1" or so long those you will have the most of? Hope this helps. Have you bought your rebuilt kid yet? If not look into duane at HI-Tech. Performance and he will also help you through it to finish.

tahitijet
06-21-2004, 08:20 PM
americanthunder1. Thanks.. exactly the info i was looking for..
can you all post some pictures of your bilge areas? specificaly how your cables are routed and located.. also where your fuel pumps and filters are..
thanks