PDA

View Full Version : Congrats NBA Officials, You Won!!!

Sandbar Mike
06-16-2004, 07:16 AM
Anyone else think the officials had alot to do with the Lakers losing.
Kobe got hacked on almost every possession down the floor with no calls. The officials wanted Detriot to win, without a doubt.
OH well, Next season will be interesting.
Let me here it Dr Eagle:( :D

HavasuDreamin'
06-16-2004, 07:22 AM
Sure the officiating may have left a little to be desired, but coming from a Laker fan, I have to give credit where credit is due. Detroit played great ball and deserved to win. The Lakers looked half baked during the entire series. :devil:

ITSALLGOOD69
06-16-2004, 07:23 AM
f@#K OFFCIALS!:mad: :yuk: :yuk:

JetBoatRich
06-16-2004, 07:23 AM
Life Long Laker Fan and I hate to say it, Lakers Got Beat Bad, they swarmed Kobe and stopped him.:yuk:
Officials can not make the ball go in the hoop:eek:

Scream
06-16-2004, 07:31 AM
Rich is right, The Lakers just got the beat shit outa them. I was only able to watch 2 of the 5 games, and I thought the officiating was a bit biased, and reading other posts it looks like other do also.
The Lakers need a shake up from the ground up. Someone on this board said it well, they're a group of individuals, not a team anymore.

ssmike
06-16-2004, 08:04 AM
Originally posted by Sandbar Mike
Kobe got hacked on almost every possession down the floor with no calls. The officials wanted Detriot to win, without a doubt.
Sorry man but you are WAY off base. I haven't found a single sportswriter in the country who agrees with you.
Especially not in LA.
The Lakers were owned, used, and treated like red headed step children.
Accept it and move on.

Dr. Eagle
06-16-2004, 08:07 AM
Originally posted by JetBoatRich
Life Long Laker Fan and I hate to say it, Lakers Got Beat Bad, they swarmed Kobe and stopped him.:yuk:
Officials can not make the ball go in the hoop:eek:
The officials didn't beat the Lakers, the Pistons beat the Lakers... guys it's over.

Havasu_Dreamin
06-16-2004, 08:14 AM
The officiating was questionable at best but great teams overcome that. Lakers played like crap and got beat, plain and simple. This from a life-long Lakers fan. Look at it this way, at least we are commiserating over losing int he Finals, the Queens never make it out of the conference! :p

dmontzsta
06-16-2004, 08:23 AM
The officials just motivated them.

FRENCHIE
06-16-2004, 08:28 AM
Originally posted by Sandbar Mike
a agree , although they still did not play well, but better officiating might have changed the way they played and their confidence!:D

Excessive Force
06-16-2004, 08:43 AM
Anyone notice the Detroit players looked younger than most of the Laker players?

welk2party
06-16-2004, 08:47 AM
The Lakers got beat by a better team. Are there areas to gripe about? YES! But they lost. The Lakers tried to build a championship team and came up short. During this offseason they need to get players to fill up the bench that can actually shoot the ball in the hoop.

Nubbs
06-16-2004, 08:49 AM
I agree the officiating was pathetic. However, the officiating didn't lose the series for the Lakers.

BUSTI
06-16-2004, 09:19 AM
I say fire the coach and trade the rest!

dmontzsta
06-16-2004, 09:39 AM
I say bring back the Jackson for sure, there is no doubt he is the most winningest coach that is still coaching.
Shaq, Kobe, Malone, Fisher, Walton, Rush...they should all stay, just build around them.

ssmike
06-16-2004, 10:42 AM
Here you go: From Foxsports.com today
The Lakers only had two players (Shaq and Kobe) in double figures in each of the first four games of the series. That isn't just the first time that's happened in NBA finals history, it's the first time it's happened in any four games for any team in the history of the NBA!
Last time I checked, the officials aren't allowed to shoot.

Dr. Eagle
06-16-2004, 10:59 AM
Originally posted by ssmike
Here you go: From Foxsports.com today
The Lakers only had two players (Shaq and Kobe) in double figures in each of the first four games of the series. That isn't just the first time that's happened in NBA finals history, it's the first time it's happened in any four games for any team in the history of the NBA!
Last time I checked, the officials aren't allowed to shoot.
I was about to say that maybe this was the same group of officials that presided over the western conference finals between the kings and lakers a few years ago. Only in that series they were on the "other" side. We always said the Lakers had 2 great players and 3 officials on their team.... LOL
Label this: Consipracy theories and how to stoke them..........
;)