PDA

View Full Version : Sand Spike????

FRENCHIE
06-16-2004, 09:08 AM
Where is the best place to get one and the most resonable?? need a large!:confused: ;)

WaTchTheGelCoat
06-16-2004, 09:18 AM
Eddie Marine in Parker has them.

BADBLOWN572
06-16-2004, 09:26 AM
I need to get one, how much are they going for?

dicudmore
06-16-2004, 09:29 AM
I paid around $100 for the bad boy one with the handles like a jack-hammer.
Works bitchin' :D
West marine in Henderson is where I got it, I think....
I sent one of my flunkies to get it for me

Excessive Force
06-16-2004, 09:30 AM
going for around $60 each...since your in Redlands you might check johnson marine in ontario. I made my own...guess i was bored anyways made 2 for $20

RiverToysJas
06-16-2004, 09:30 AM
Sand Spike Dealers.... (http://www.sandspike.com/Oldweb/dealers.htm)
You can also get them directly from their website @ www.sandspike.com . That's how I got mine, I think I have a small and it works great with my Lavey.
RTJas :D

RiverToysJas
06-16-2004, 09:36 AM
Originally posted by dicudmore
I paid around $100 for the bad boy one with the handles like a jack-hammer.
Works bitchin' :D
West marine in Henderson is where I got it, I think....
I sent one of my flunkies to get it for me
That's the "Slide Anchor - On/Off Shore Spike". Those are at www.slideanchor.com . I've never used one myself, but I've heard great things about them. My Sand Spike is much lighter though, and very easy to handle. I do want a Slide Anchor for the campground though.

Trash
06-16-2004, 09:36 AM
Are you talking about the sandspike or slideanchor? Both do the same thing, but I prefer the slideanchor because of its 'built in' hammering ability. The sandspike may be 'prettier' however.

dicudmore
06-16-2004, 10:02 AM
Originally posted by RiverToysJas
That's the "Slide Anchor - On/Off Shore Spike". Those are at www.slideanchor.com . I've never used one myself, but I've heard great things about them. My Sand Spike is much lighter though, and very easy to handle. I do want a Slide Anchor for the campground though.
my bad....
still works bitchin' :D
-Dan

RiverToysJas
06-16-2004, 10:10 AM
Originally posted by ShockwaveBob
My bad, I was referring to a slide anchor. Never seen a sand spike. **** pretty, who cares, it's in the sand underwater. Give me something that's functional, I've got enough worthless pretty crap around.
I've NEVER had an issue with the pretty one, and I'll tell you why I like it. The Sand Spike goes all the way into the ground, flat! Nothing sticking up to run your toe into, or worse for the boat to hit. The down side for some is, you have to used good old fashion brut strength to get it in and out, I have that ;) , so it's not an issue for me. It's very simple, light weight, and never pinches your fingers. I am NOT knocking the Slide Anchor, I want one of those too (because I'm doubling up on all my equipment, so I can leave an anchor and spike at the campground, and take one to the sandbar or where ever)! I'm just saying there's nothing wrong with a Sand Spike.

TheEduKATor
06-16-2004, 10:26 AM
Frencie I got my large slide anchor from the boat show for $45 with the bag, and the large box anchor for $150. I am near 2 west marines and a Boat U.S. in San Diego and not one carries any of these. The owner at the boat show said they are supposed to carry them. I see it says you are from Redlands, you might want to try Empire Marine right there off the 215 in san berdo, or just order from the slide anchor website. They are around the same price, but you have to pay $15.00 extra for the bag if you order online.

Pointerman
06-16-2004, 11:27 AM
You can get them at topknot accessories. While you are at it you can pick up some custom lines.
http://www.mooringlines.com/main.htm

HAULNZ
06-16-2004, 12:02 PM
We picked up two of the large red slide anchors last season at West Marine. They are kinda bulky, but they work great. We use them to anchor at the lower sandbar in Parker. In less than 5 minutes were set. We do however float a bouy off the rear one so no one runs into it.

goneboatin
06-16-2004, 12:19 PM
There's a West Marine in Havasu. They're bound to have one.

FRENCHIE
06-16-2004, 01:02 PM
Originally posted by TheEduKATor
Frencie I got my large slide anchor from the boat show for $45 with the bag, and the large box anchor for $150. I am near 2 west marines and a Boat U.S. in San Diego and not one carries any of these. The owner at the boat show said they are supposed to carry them. I see it says you are from Redlands, you might want to try Empire Marine right there off the 215 in san berdo, or just order from the slide anchor website. They are around the same price, but you have to pay $15.00 extra for the bag if you order online.
thanx!;)

HAULNZ
06-16-2004, 01:07 PM
Originally posted by ShockwaveBob
If you're parked at big or little sandbar in Parker, you should always float a buoy off the front and rear.
:rolleyes:

FRENCHIE
06-16-2004, 01:12 PM
actually like the on-offshore spike-slide anchor, will look to get one of these!:)

dicudmore
06-16-2004, 01:16 PM
Originally posted by FRENCHIE
actually like the on-offshore spike-slide anchor, will look to get one of these!:)
have it, works bitchin' :D

Debbolas
06-16-2004, 01:20 PM
We have the slide anchor (I believe) It pounds itself into the ground when you slide the 'thingy' up and down. I has multiple hooks for boat ropes. It comes out easy and they have color co-ordinated bags to match your boat!
:D

FRENCHIE
06-16-2004, 01:27 PM
let me guess deb...you got it at the boat show!?:)

Debbolas
06-16-2004, 01:30 PM
yeah.................how did you know? When we went to "visit" our boat at the Phoenix Boat Show, we bought the box anchor and the slide/sand spike. Met the guy that manufactures them, very nice...;)

BarryMac
06-16-2004, 01:33 PM
Originally posted by Debbolas
when you slide the 'thingy' up and down.
Gotta love ya Deb, thanks for the chuckle...
gjb

Debbolas
06-16-2004, 01:34 PM
Originally posted by gottajetboat
Gotta love ya Deb, thanks for the chuckle...
gjb
Thanks, at least SOME PEEPS love me!
LOL:D

FRENCHIE
06-16-2004, 01:37 PM
yeah.................how did you know? When we went to "visit" our boat at the Phoenix Boat Show, we bought the box anchor and the slide/sand spike. Met the guy that manufactures them, very nice...;)
oh ...wild guess!!:D

HAULNZ
06-16-2004, 01:37 PM
We have the slide anchor (I believe) It pounds itself into the ground when you slide the 'thingy' up and down. I has multiple hooks for boat ropes. It comes out easy and they have color co-ordinated bags to match your boat!
Color coordinated bags for the slide anchors and box anchors are a must. :) You don't want to be tacky and not match. :D Everything must be coordinated, bathing suits, beer holders, bouy covers, slide anchor covers, jeesh these men just don't understand. ;) :D

Debbolas
06-16-2004, 01:38 PM
The octopus coolie cups. They come in colors that will match your boat and have these little suction cups on the bottom so they will stick to your boat!
(very cool);)

HAULNZ
06-16-2004, 01:40 PM
The octopus coolie cups. They come in colors that will match your boat and have these little suction cups on the bottom so they will stick to your boat!
(very cool);) Those are too cool. They are actually made here in AZ.

Debbolas
06-16-2004, 01:42 PM
We bought them at the AZ boat show!
;)
(not mentioning names, but one peep liked our purple octopus coolie cup so well, she kinda took it home--------no names)

jbtrailerjim
06-16-2004, 01:43 PM
I have a slide anchor and it works bitchen. Picked it up at the boat show. I also saw them at West Marine but they were more expensive than they were at the show.

dicudmore
06-16-2004, 01:43 PM
We bought them at the AZ boat show!
;)
(not mentioning names, but one peep liked our purple octopus coolie cup so well, she kinda took it home--------no names)
I can't belive someone would perpetrate a thing like that....

Debbolas
06-16-2004, 01:45 PM
Originally posted by dicudmore
I can't belive someone would perpetrate a thing like that....
She REALLY liked it.................;)

BarryMac
06-16-2004, 01:51 PM
(very cool);)
I was wondering if those were worth the money, are they recomended highly?
gjb

Rexone
06-16-2004, 02:00 PM
Box Anchors and spikes in stock (http://shopping.rexmar.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=CTGY&Category_Code=boxanch)
:)

BarryMac
06-16-2004, 02:01 PM
Originally posted by Rexone
Box Anchors and spikes in stock (http://shopping.rexmar.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=CTGY&Category_Code=boxanch)
I was just looking on your web-site, what are the shipping charges to 92029?...
gjb

SeaRayPat
06-16-2004, 02:30 PM
They sell both sizes at the Nautical Inn Store

FRENCHIE
06-16-2004, 07:08 PM
Originally posted by Rexone
thanx rexone!;)