PDA

View Full Version : Honey...I heard something.....!!?!

Mandelon
06-16-2004, 11:27 AM
My house 2:00 am....wife wakes me up...
"Honey?" "What was that"?
Me: "Mrbblebs mmm??
She: "I heard something!"
Me: "Grmbbllbmmmmm"?
She: "No, really, go look"
Me: "OK, fine"
So I wander around the house, expecting to be clubbed in the back of the head with a vase or something.....I find all doors still locked, all windows still not broken......nothing amiss.
I am thinking, OK. She believes some burglar is here in the house and wants me to go talk with them...WTF? I'd rather sleep through it. What are they going to steal.....my CD player? my big ass TV?? Not likely....
I've got no loaded weapons in the house, since there are kids. We've got juice, yeah, but its not like I am going to find the trigger lock keys and jerk around for a box of shells.....
We pay for some fancy ass alarm system that we can't use because of the cats.....:rolleyes:
Does this happen to you guys? Ladies...do you send your men out in the dark? :confused: :confused:

Bre
06-16-2004, 11:29 AM
No, I have to do it myself because Andy will not wake up..and if he does he's gonna be pissed:o :D

OGShocker
06-16-2004, 11:33 AM
I can't get over the fact, you have a vase in the house.

Mandelon
06-16-2004, 11:34 AM
Originally posted by OGShocker
I can't get over the fact, you have a vase in the house.
Several. Some are antique too. Whatcha gonna do about it? :mad: :D

Dr. Eagle
06-16-2004, 11:38 AM
Originally posted by Mandelon
Any Ming Dynasty?

OGShocker
06-16-2004, 11:49 AM
Duck!

Mandelon
06-16-2004, 12:01 PM
:D :D :D

Havasu_Dreamin
06-16-2004, 12:02 PM
We pay for some fancy ass alarm system that we can't use because of the cats.....:rolleyes:
Seriously? What kind of joke alarm system do you have?

Dr. Eagle
06-16-2004, 12:05 PM
Originally posted by OGShocker
Duck!
LOL..........

Mandelon
06-16-2004, 12:07 PM
Its all the windows and doors, plus motion sensors and smoke and fire, plus monitoring.
I guess we could activate just the perimeter and bypass the motion sensors......

PlyaPlya22
06-16-2004, 12:07 PM
My house 2:00 am....wife wakes me up...
"Honey?" "What was that"?
Me: "Mrbblebs mmm??
She: "I heard something!"
Me: "Grmbbllbmmmmm"?
She: "No, really, go look"
Me: "OK, fine"
So I wander around the house, expecting to be clubbed in the back of the head with a vase or something.....I find all doors still locked, all windows still not broken......nothing amiss.
I am thinking, OK. She believes some burglar is here in the house and wants me to go talk with them...WTF? I'd rather sleep through it. What are they going to steal.....my CD player? my big ass TV?? Not likely....
I've got no loaded weapons in the house, since there are kids. We've got juice, yeah, but its not like I am going to find the trigger lock keys and jerk around for a box of shells.....
Does this happen to you guys? Ladies...do you send your men out in the dark? :confused: :confused:
If they want to know what it is they can go check it out and if there is something wrong come back and let me know:D

Dr. Eagle
06-16-2004, 12:10 PM
I guess we could activate just the perimeter and bypass the motion sensors......
I had my motion sensors removed... I kept forgetting they were active and setting the alarm off...

Outnumbered
06-16-2004, 12:14 PM
When we lived in Chino Hills some dirtbags tried to break into our new 2 story house at 2am and they knew we were home upstairs sleeping. They had hit several houses in the tract and took all the A/V stuff from the downstairs while people were sleeping upstairs. Luckily they didn't get in our place.
I think its crazy not to have some self protection in the house, kids or no kids. I still wonder what would have happened if they would have got in. At the time my wife would be downstairs feeding the baby a few times a night. Imagine that scenario and no way to protect yourself or family. Wife walks in on some crack head in your family room with your baby in her arms and you have a vase to swing at them. Dirtbags on meth or bangers on PCP dont care about the risk of someone being home or not. Don't mean to lecture I just think that people take their home for granted when it comes to being safe. Be careful, maybe someone was trying to get in. Overide your motion detectors and set your alarm system, the wife will probably sleep better.
OL

OGShocker
06-16-2004, 12:15 PM
Our cat (outside only) snuck into the house one day. It was the day we left for our one month trip to Canada. He was sleeping or hiding when we set the alarm and left. Later that night the alarm went off 7PM. It is VERY loud! My sister-in-law responded and everything looked good. I guess he was so freaked out by the alarm he didn't come out into range of the sensors untill 2 AM. This sh*t went on for three days, every two or three hours. The cat was a mental mess by the time they found him.
The only reason he is still alive is because he used our bathtub for a litter box. Had he used my pillow he'd be sleeping with the fishes.
Sorry to jack the thread;)

Mrs. Bordsmnj
06-16-2004, 12:24 PM
I have woken up Jason a few times but only if Makai (the dog) notices the noise too and gets her "I am super dog" mohawk goin and starts growling. Luckily, its only ever been a possum or squirrel or something.
But Jason will get up, usually armed with a bat or a butcher knife and check it out.

MsDrmr
06-16-2004, 12:39 PM
I think I tried to wake mine up once....he asked,,,is the dog barking. I said no she is in Drakes room. he said,,,it's nuttin go back to sleep. So.....I did want normal women do, I laid in bed stiff as a board trying to breath so that if it was someone trying to get in I would hear it.
Not to mention the fact that most of the time, my mr forgets to close and lock windows and doors.

lucky
06-16-2004, 12:46 PM
IS THERE ANYTHING YOU CAN REALLY DO ? iF THEYRE IN YOUR HOUSE - THEY'RE DEAD ? ( MY WIFE WOULD LECTURE THEM AS WHY ITS RUDE TO TAKE oUR STUFF WHILE WE ARE SLEEPING ) OR SHE WOULD FOLLOW THEM AROUND TELLING THEM NOT TO LEAVE DIRT ON THE FLOOR - AND IF THEY EAT ANYTHING THEY BETTER PUT THE DISHES IN THE SINK - OR IF THEY USE THE POTTY THEY BETTER LIFT /AND PUT THE SEAT BACK DOWN - OR ........ LMAO - PS WE DON'T HAVE A PUTER ON LINE AT THE HOUSE :)

NastyOne
06-16-2004, 12:53 PM
Just get a couple of mean ass dobermans... let those f@ckers check it out. If someones inside, they're gonna wish they wern't. :D

AngryJosh
06-16-2004, 12:54 PM
I have a 9mm very near my bed. Its loaded, and in a place my daughter cant reach. But in this day and age, I will not be caught off guard and have to live with the consequences. It may be overkill, but the Mrs' also has a .22 within reach, and shes an expert shot. If all else fails, there is a 12guage semi ready for some "social work". One dog sleeps inside, so I can be woken up, and the boxer is outside for early warning. Again, this may be overkill, but I have a family to take care of. I'd rather be sitting in Jail knowing I protected my family, then wishing I had done something else:( I just feel like people might be watching you know. We drive nice cars, and our house is nicer than most on our block, so I feel that if someone wanted to break in, it would be my house. Oh well- enough
AngryJosh

OMEGA_BUBBLE_JET
06-16-2004, 12:56 PM
Keep a LOADED gun handy in your bedroom and teach your children not to play with them. You only have to use it once to be worth while. An unloaded gun in a safe across the house will not do you much good.
I guess we do things a little different in Texas!:eek: I have guns statigically placed throughout my house. I pitty the poor bastard that ever tries to come into my house. Oh yeah they are all loaded at all times!!!:cool: :D
Omega

MsDrmr
06-16-2004, 01:15 PM
we dont keep loaded guns in the house, nor do we store out bullets with the gun, but our boys, ages 13 &10 know how to handle, load and unload a gun. They are not allowed to use them unless supervised.

Havasu_Dreamin
06-16-2004, 01:15 PM
Exactly! That's what we do with the Havasu pad when we are in town. Not that you need the alarm armed in Havasu when there but hell, if I'm paying for it might as well use it. The neighbors love it when my dad forgets it's on, perimeter only, and he opens the door at 6:30 AM on Saturday mornings! Quite a wake up call! LMAO

manuel
06-16-2004, 01:23 PM
That's what wives do when they want to get you out of earshot so they can cut a rip snortin killer FART without you teasing them,
:D

AngryJosh
06-16-2004, 01:37 PM
Thats funny,WIFE- " Honey??? Did you hear that?? It sounded like someones in the house!!"
HUSBAND--OK, I'll check it out--------------------
WIFE--RRRRrrrrriiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiip.
HUSBAND--I checked honey, nothing there
WIFE--Oh,must have been the wind. ASS WIND!!!!!:yuk: :D
At least she doesnt "HOTBOX" me like I do to her!!;) :yuk:

bchbum
06-16-2004, 01:45 PM
I keep the one for house protection in a touch pad safe near my bed .Only my wife & I know the combo, I can open it without looking at it . Kids can't open it ,plus it's bolted to the wall .4 seconds I can have a 9mm loaded with spare clips in hand .I have never had to pull it out for this reason & hope I never do.

MsDrmr
06-16-2004, 01:53 PM
You can open the safe that fast huh???? your wife must be very happy that you can use your fingers that well and that quickly.
(hehehehe:D )

repo man
06-16-2004, 02:02 PM
i have a pitbull & a mastiff living inside at nite with the woman. i work nites and she still feals safe. plus i own alot of guns and she knows how to use them.

Mandelon
06-16-2004, 02:07 PM
I hear what you guys are sayin' Luckily we live in a nice neighborhood, not the IE...:D :D Just Kidding...!!! It just worries me with the curious kids around. They know to stay away but I can't police all their friends, or be around all the time.
I think I would rather lose a few electronics than blast a guy in my living room.....the trauma and the cleanup would probably be more costly......Are you really gonna shoot a guy in your family room?
The clickety clack of that pump shotgun ought to be enough to get em running......

OutCole'd
06-16-2004, 02:12 PM
Its all the windows and doors, plus motion sensors and smoke and fire, plus monitoring.
It sounds like a real easy.. I mean good system, Whats the code by the way????:D

Scream
06-16-2004, 02:15 PM
Man....delon use your alarm dude. Bypass the motion detectors and arm that biatch. You should have a "stay" setting, as opposed to "away" that is only perimiter.
years ago, we lived in Pomona (no jokes about this now) and some crazy f*&% named Kevin Cooper went on a wild killing spree not too far from there in Chino Hills, hackin and stabbin anything in his way.
Then there was the dissapearance of Poly Klaas...I've had nightmares about that one for years.
Enough Said. Now we've got an alarm and a 9mm (super secret location, shhhh) and sleep a little better.

Mandelon
06-16-2004, 02:15 PM
I can't remember.............:confused:

Froggystyle
06-16-2004, 02:24 PM
Funny, long story... No short way to tell it though...
I had just moved into my new, big house in El Cajon, and the guy we purchased it from had his low-life kid living there the whole last year he was there. Bad element in and out of the house I guess. In any case, the house came with this madman alarm system that has sensors in every room, impact, seizmic, fire etc... and we had no manual for it. So, we really didn't know how to use it at all. We just left it be, and it beeped anytime anything happened (zone was triggered or whatever).
OK, moving along... For background, I had just gotten out of the SEAL teams, and had recently done CQB training again (Close Quarter Battle) which is the room to room stuff you see in movies. I have a handgun, and know how to use it.
Here is the scene... 2:00 in the morning. We have been in the house for about two weeks when the alarm goes off saying there was a front zone breach. I knew I locked the doors, but it occurred to me that we hadn't changed the locks or anything yet, so there could be a thousand people with keys as far as I know. So, I decided to go investigate. I am at my doorway thinking about the situation, and decide... "I am a SEAL, with a gun in the nightstand... how stupid would I feel if I go and check out the house without it and end up shot or something?" So, I grab the gun and head out the door. Then, it occurs to me that I am extremely proficient at clearing houses for terrorists, so it would be dumb to walk into a bullet trap when I know better, so I get my game face on and start clearing rooms one at a time. Now, in my mind, I have just psyched myself up for the worst case scenario, and I pity the idiot that just let himself into my house. Keep in mind, there is boxes everywhere, as we just moved in, so I clear one room after another, doing a good job on each.
Now I don't care who you are, if you are doing this like you are supposed to, you are going to get a little buzz from the excitement. You wouldn't be out of bed checking if there was NO possiblity someone was there, so you get more and more spun up as you clear one room, then the closet, then the next room and closet, then the bathroom, check the shower, clear the hallway etc...
Now I am on room #4, and it is pitch black. The reason for this, is as you are entering a room, you don't want to silhouette as you come through the door, or you will get shot for sure. So, lights off, clear into the room, flick the lights on, clear the room.
Enter Big Bird. My nieces birthday is coming up, and my wife bought her a present and put it in the corner of the spare bedroom until the party. A "Peek-a-boo" Big Bird to be specific. This is a cool little stuffed animal that when you put your hands over his eyes, then pull them off he yells "PEEK-A-BOO!!!!" to your happy little kid.
Well, flicking a light on and off does a similar thing as far as Big Bird is concerned.
I am all spun up, heart rate elevated, gun in hand, worst case scenario running through my head, and I am entering the room that the alarm said was at fault. I enter the room in blackness, flick on the light, and... you guessed it... "PEEK-A-BOO!!!!!"
I promise you this... If I had not gone through RECENT exhaustive training on target identification and muzzle discipline, Big Bird would have gotten it bad. I had all the slack out of the trigger, and no target except for a screaming stuffed animal. A bad guy wouldn't have stood a chance.
So, the moral of the story is, if you ever break into my house, and you think I am looking for you... when the lights come on, scream "Peek-A-Boo" and I will be laughing so hard you will have a chance to escape. Audrey had to come out of bed, and see what the hell was so funny I was laughing so hard.
Ahhhhh... Alarms...

HCS
06-16-2004, 02:30 PM
Originally posted by Scream
Man....delon use your alarm dude. Bypass the motion detectors and arm that biatch. You should have a "stay" setting, as opposed to "away" that is only perimiter.
years ago, we lived in Pomona (no jokes about this now) and some crazy f*&% named Kevin Cooper went on a wild killing spree not too far from there in Chino Hills, hackin and stabbin anything in his way.
Then there was the dissapearance of Poly Klaas...I've had nightmares about that one for years.
Enough Said. Now we've got an alarm and a 9mm (super secret location, shhhh) and sleep a little better.
Ya, and Kevin Cooper got a stay of execution until DNA test are
done.:mad: I understand the guy is all guilty as hell.
I have a loaded .357 and .38 special in my house. And I keep
baseball bats everywhere. Ought to make a good battle some time.http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/10/10_9_140.gif ('http://www.smileycentral.com/?partner=ZSzeb008')

OutCole'd
06-16-2004, 02:32 PM
Great story Froggystyle, friggen hilarious.

XTRM22
06-16-2004, 02:48 PM
Originally posted by Froggystyle
So, the moral of the story is, if you ever break into my house
Ahhhhh... Alarms...
Hmm knowingly break into the home of a retired Navy Seal? I think not!!! Wes, that is a great story. You and I have discussed the whole home protection issue before and I wasn't expecting that story.:D
A few years ago my car got broke into on my driveway but something chased the theives away before they could get the stereo. A few weeks later I woke to what sounded like a car door in my driveway, I instantly decided it was the theif back after the stereo in my T-bird. The only firearm handy at the moment was a hunting rifle not yet put back in the safe. I burst out the front door in my boxers, stainless steel 30-06 in hand, and I think the repo man picking up the kid next doors car shit right there!!
Now my home protection is a 45 lb Chow mix who thinks she weighs 300lbs when something wakes her up at night.;)
Chuck

EricU
06-16-2004, 03:38 PM
About five years ago I lived in a little neighborhood in Pleasant Hill, CA and we had two large dogs that slept in the house. Not too far from the develepment entrance was where the homeless trolls used to walk the old SP railroad tracks.
Well one night I woke up to a LOUD sound of glass shattering. I jumped out of bed told my wife to go grab my boys and get down as I grabed my shot gun. When I got to the front door, I see the window next to the front door shattered!
My eyes must have looked like saucers, it just didn't seem real -- all I could think was "what the F**K! -- Is there some f**k in my house?! Am I going to have to shoot someone? Is someone going to shoot me?!
Then I hear my dog Tonga outside making some funky noise. Turns out the damn dog jumped from the inside of the house through the closed window! I about shit in my pants in relief, Then I start to get pissed at Tonga, I'm gonna beat the shit out of the asshole dog, when my wife notices blood on the dog's mouth and some kind of material hanging out of his mouth. My wife thinks it was some f**k's shirt or sweatshirt off a troll! That dog earned his keep that night!!
Next day I ordered an alarm system.
It sucks to think that you need an alarm to keep your family safe. But ask Mark Klaus if he wishes he had an alarm and a big bad dog!
I now live on two acres in Northern Cal, and the whole property is fenced and gated with lights on motion detectors. Our alarm system has a "stay" setting, and the window screens are all wired. Cut or remove a screen and the thing goes wild! I also have two male German Shepherds and a big ol Rotty bitch. The Shepherds sleep in my boy's room and the Rotty (named Dottie) sleeps and wanders outside. The shepherds bark, but the rotty is trained to stay quiet, until she is running something down.
Like I tell my wife, if they know the front gate code and they know the dogs, drop by any time. If you don't know both, you better know the phone number and call first. It is a bitch trying to get anything delivered to the house, but oh well, like I say, ask Mark Klaus what he thinks!
Eric.

ROZ
06-16-2004, 03:43 PM
Got rid of the motion sensors and added several snesors along window panes so we can have the windows open to several widths. After the alarm is set and a window moves, your DOOMED :D

MRS FLYIN VEE
06-16-2004, 04:02 PM
dooooooomed.. :D

Mandelon
06-16-2004, 06:20 PM
Alright I hear ya. I'll get out the manual.
Wes, great story.......
My neighbors had their car get broken into a few years before I moved in. I guess the fokker got it started and then it died.
The neighbors are two brothers who's parent's departed our world early and they inherited the house and have basically lived there forever. Long hair, tats, dirtbikes....don't really fit into the neighborhood, but cool guys none the less.
Anyway I guess the carthief gets the car down the driveway and into the street before the motor dies......the sound woke up the brothers who then both, came barreling out and dragged this poor sumbitch outta the car and proceeded to beat him within inches of his life....not that he didn't deserve it.....
That's the last thing i've heard about happening around here.....I still lock my shit up pretty well every night though.

Lakeshow
06-16-2004, 06:37 PM
Wes, truly laughing my freaking ass off - that is one of the funniest stories I have heard in a while. Thanks for the laugh I needed it.
Also, Mandelon - great thread!

HammerDown
06-16-2004, 06:44 PM
[/B]
Maybe the Cats will get-em.
:D

MRS FLYIN VEE
06-16-2004, 06:45 PM
Originally posted by Froggystyle
I had just moved into my new, big house in El Cajon, and the guy we purchased it from had his low-life kid living there the whole last year he was there. Bad element in and out of the house I guess. In any case, the house came with this madman alarm system that has sensors in every room, impact, seizmic, fire etc... and we had no manual for it. So, we really didn't know how to use it at all. We just left it be, and it beeped anytime anything happened (zone was triggered or whatever).
OK, moving along... For background, I had just gotten out of the SEAL teams, and had recently done CQB training again (Close Quarter Battle) which is the room to room stuff you see in movies. I have a handgun, and know how to use it.
Here is the scene... 2:00 in the morning. We have been in the house for about two weeks when the alarm goes off saying there was a front zone breach. I knew I locked the doors, but it occurred to me that we hadn't changed the locks or anything yet, so there could be a thousand people with keys as far as I know. So, I decided to go investigate. I am at my doorway thinking about the situation, and decide... "I am a SEAL, with a gun in the nightstand... how stupid would I feel if I go and check out the house without it and end up shot or something?" So, I grab the gun and head out the door. Then, it occurs to me that I am extremely proficient at clearing houses for terrorists, so it would be dumb to walk into a bullet trap when I know better, so I get my game face on and start clearing rooms one at a time. Now, in my mind, I have just psyched myself up for the worst case scenario, and I pity the idiot that just let himself into my house. Keep in mind, there is boxes everywhere, as we just moved in, so I clear one room after another, doing a good job on each.
Now I don't care who you are, if you are doing this like you are supposed to, you are going to get a little buzz from the excitement. You wouldn't be out of bed checking if there was NO possiblity someone was there, so you get more and more spun up as you clear one room, then the closet, then the next room and closet, then the bathroom, check the shower, clear the hallway etc...
Now I am on room #4, and it is pitch black. The reason for this, is as you are entering a room, you don't want to silhouette as you come through the door, or you will get shot for sure. So, lights off, clear into the room, flick the lights on, clear the room.
Enter Big Bird. My nieces birthday is coming up, and my wife bought her a present and put it in the corner of the spare bedroom until the party. A "Peek-a-boo" Big Bird to be specific. This is a cool little stuffed animal that when you put your hands over his eyes, then pull them off he yells "PEEK-A-BOO!!!!" to your happy little kid.
Well, flicking a light on and off does a similar thing as far as Big Bird is concerned.
I am all spun up, heart rate elevated, gun in hand, worst case scenario running through my head, and I am entering the room that the alarm said was at fault. I enter the room in blackness, flick on the light, and... you guessed it... "PEEK-A-BOO!!!!!"
I promise you this... If I had not gone through RECENT exhaustive training on target identification and muzzle discipline, Big Bird would have gotten it bad. I had all the slack out of the trigger, and no target except for a screaming stuffed animal. A bad guy wouldn't have stood a chance.
So, the moral of the story is, if you ever break into my house, and you think I am looking for you... when the lights come on, scream "Peek-A-Boo" and I will be laughing so hard you will have a chance to escape. Audrey had to come out of bed, and see what the hell was so funny I was laughing so hard.
Ahhhhh... Alarms...
That is way to funny.. it took me along time to stop laughing.
peek-a-boo.. LMAO!! :D

Flyinbowtie
06-16-2004, 06:48 PM
From the cop point of view, I always liked the idea of the alarm set to audible (siren going) if people are in the house . The crook is probably gonna take off if the siren goes off while he is going in.
He leaves, your property and lives are no longer at risk.
If your NOT home, I like the system set to silent with the dialer going to your company, and the operator notifiying the responding cops that the unit activated in silent mode.
That way we know the crooks might still be inside...
We like that idea..:wink: we like to catch em'.
Response times , tho, suck to varying degrees around this state, anyway. 99.9 % of all the alarm calls I have rolled to were false, but two in 24 years were good.
The gun thing is a very personal decsion. I have , ahh, a number of firearms. For home protection, a semi auto 12ga. w #3 buck is what my wife has access to when I am not home.
At 10 feet or so, a 5-2 115 lb female with a shotgun is rather intimidating to unwanted human guests. Looks about 6-8 320.
It is effective against snakes and, with a slug chambered,other predators like mountain lions, bears, etc, all of which inhabit this neck o the woods.
When I'm home, The Sig- Sauer .40 is home with me.
If you have weapons in your home, you are morally and legally responsible to store them in a safe manner. Whether you have kids or not, if they get stolen, some jerk may use it in a way you never intended.
If you have children in the home, and have firearms. when they are mature enough to use them teach them to do so. Teach them to respect the weapon.
I used a 1 gal milk jug half full of cherry jello, topped off with dyed water. When the boys eached turned twelve, we spent a day together, shooting.
At the end of a fun day together, I put that jug out at about 25 feet, and directed them to fire our"training weapon" at the jug. (410 shotgun)
It makes a big mess, and few other words of caution were necessary.
Just my opinion.

ahhell
06-16-2004, 06:58 PM
Hell , the sound of a 12gauge being pumped would/should be enuf to scare the sh!t outta someone, but the 9 is on my side of the bed and wifey has the 38...the real alarm is the dogs though. I dont need an alarm, i got one of the nosiest goddam neighbors EVER!!! nice, in a way

Debbolas
06-16-2004, 07:07 PM
Froggy!
Excellent story, very funny, I can just see you in the dark, in that crouch mode, swinging around the corner of the door and finding ........Big Bird....It is a testiment to you that you didn't blow his head off...
Mandy, we have alarms on all our kids windows, (Polly Klaus) and just set the alarm to stay, so the inside motion detectors are not triggered.
We have had Furbies (remember them) start talking at night for no reason. And I have forgotten to turn off the alarm and opened the door ( Everyone gets up real fast, the alarm is soooo loud)
Better safe than sorry....;)

Kilrtoy
06-16-2004, 07:28 PM
I grab the first two handguns I can get my hands on and she grabs the .223 Nothing like the sound of a .223 round

Bense468
06-16-2004, 07:31 PM
2 male boxers, a 12 guage, and a sig .40 loaded in a finger safe next to bed. Takes less then a sec to open. Would pull 12 guage before sig though.

SoCalOffshore
06-16-2004, 07:50 PM
<----Locked, cocked and ready to rock. I shot expert in the Army. Assorted pistols, rifles and shotguns to choose from. Full alarm with motion detectors. The idea of the alarm is to wake you before they are standing over you while your in bed sleeping.

canuck1
06-16-2004, 07:56 PM
Maybe its just me but I think its time to move

lucky
06-17-2004, 06:25 AM
AMEN - UNLESS THEY ARE LAZY DOGS - :eek: NOTHING LIKE A PEKINIESS TEARIN UP YOUR LEG -

Wally_Gator
06-17-2004, 07:43 AM
Funny story,
Back when I was single and living up there in Alta Loma.
I had my trysty 9mm always available with a clip ready.
So at 5:00 am all I hear is the loudest banging you have ever heard on my front door. Woke me out of a dead sleep.
I Bounce out of bed and grab my 9mm.
When I look from a window that has a view of the front door, I notice it was my gardner.
So I relax and settle down from the adrenaline. I answer the door still with my 9mm in hand, pointed in a safe direction finger off of the trigger.
And before I can say two words, he starts running and yelling something in spanish that I never understood. That was the last I saw of him running and yelling down the street. He never came back.
After a good laugh, (I never intended to scare him) I realised that he may call the police. So I stayed up and sure enough 10 minutes later an officer showed up at my door. I explained the whole thing to him and he checked out my firearm and warned me not to scare any mroe gardners off.

Ziggy
06-17-2004, 08:09 AM
Originally posted by Bre
No, I have to do it myself because Andy will not wake up..and if he does he's gonna be pissed:o :D
LOL-This is me and my wife...I like to sleep but my wife hears every damn little noise....100% of the time its been nothing but there was one time she did wake me up....She yelled out the bathroom window at some poor schlep taking stuff from the recycle bins out on the curb:D :D Woke me up out of a deep sleep with her loud "HEY!"...didn't bother the guy whatsoever:rolleyes:
Just a few weeks ago she again woke me because she frantically came into the room saying someone was steeling the rim/tires off my truck, this was 5am Memorial Day after I'd just arrived home from Havasu at 2:30am...so I bust out of bed, throw on some shorts and blast out the front foor expecting to see someone scatter.......The only thing I saw/heard were the crickets. Jan just says oooppps, "guess it was my imagination". Felt like a total vegtable the whole day after that :mad: :rolleyes: :D
I only have one gripe about my home alarm systems---gotta pick up the poop :D

Mrs. Restless22
06-17-2004, 08:19 AM
Originally posted by Ziggy
I only have one gripe about my home alarm systems---gotta pick up the poop :D
DITTO! :D
Well okay, the hubby has to pick it up, but that alarm works damn well!
We had racoons come through our doggy door one night and he was on them in seconds. Thank god he listens well to us otherwise those fiesty *uckers would have tore him up.

welk2party
06-17-2004, 09:03 AM
My pooping alarm system is worse than my wife. They both hear everything. The "alarm system" will occasionally start barking like crazy. So I have to run out and see what has her revved up, only to find her staring at the wall or something.:rolleyes:

Mrs. Restless22
06-17-2004, 09:05 AM
Originally posted by welk2party
only to find her staring at the wall or something.:rolleyes:
LOL Mine does that too...WTF?? :confused: :D :D

riverbound
06-17-2004, 09:14 AM
Are you really gonna shoot a guy in your family room?
The clickety clack of that pump shotgun ought to be enough to get em running......
If they aren't afraid of the 300 pounds of rottweiler I own and they are in my house....I wouldn't even think twice. Just make sure you leave no witnesses those civil suits cna be a pain in the a$$.:D :D
River(make sure I dont catch you in my house at night)Bound

Froggystyle
06-17-2004, 09:04 PM
Yeah, my pooping alarm system has it's moments too. During the whole Big Bird episode, Izzy was sleeping in bed nice and soundly, but every now and then she will be in the back yard barking like she has a bum cornered and I rush out to see her absolutely losing her mind at some beetle just walking across the yard.
Dogs can be funny.

mtndewdrops
06-17-2004, 09:09 PM
I can feel your pain on this one. My wife is a very light sleeper and does this occasionally. I try to tell her to just go back to sleep, but she usually insists that I get up.
IMO, if it is a false alarm then she should put out after that...since everyone is wide awake at that point...

RiverToysJas
06-17-2004, 09:15 PM
Here's my funny story.....
Long ago, before we had any kids or Rottweilers, or even cell phones......
I left for work one afternoon, and left the front door of the house wide open by mistake. A few hours later, and after dark, my 95lb wife gets home. She finds the house just as I had left it appearently....but she doesn't know I left it that way. BUT, She goes straight in, gets the .45, and proceeds to clear the whole house and all closets herself! That's my girl!!! LOL And yes, later I explained to her all the reasons she shouldn't do that again! ;)
Later we got the Rottie to save her the trouble in the future. :D
RTJas :D

mtndewdrops
06-17-2004, 09:19 PM
Originally posted by RiverToysJas
Here's my funny story.....
Long ago, before we had any kids or Rottweilers, or even cell phones......
I left for work one afternoon, and left the front door of the house wide open by mistake. A few hours later, and after dark, my 95lb wife gets home. She finds the house just as I had left it appearently....but she doesn't know I left it that way. BUT, She goes straight in, gets the .45, and proceeds to clear the whole house and all closets herself! That's my girl!!! LOL And yes, later I explained to her all the reasons she shouldn't do that again! ;)
Later we got the Rottie to save her the trouble in the future. :D
RTJas :D
I like a woman that can handle a firearm...great catch!

Mandelon
06-17-2004, 09:27 PM
Originally posted by mtndewdrops
I
IMO, if it is a false alarm then she should put out after that...since everyone is wide awake at that point...
LMFAO!!! I like this one. Next time that is the deal I will propose.......:D :D

MudPumper
06-17-2004, 10:09 PM
When I was going to college in San Diego I rented a house that was back off a really quiet safe street. You really didn't know it was there because there was another house kinda in front of mine. Anyway its about 2am and I have the front door open with just the screen shut. I hear this noise like footsteps going down into the back yard . I grab my Glock .40 and my Steemlight and slowly creep outside. Its dark as hell and I here footsteps coming at me and a metallic clinking sound. I draw down and hit the flashlight and I'm face to face with my neighbors dogs that aren't friendly. They were two huge ass boxers and they start growling and creeping toward me. I'm thinking f uck I'm going to have to shoot these dogs and I really dont want to because I love dogs and beside it's 2am and I'm going to wake up the whole damn neighborhood. I slowly crept backwards and was able to make it into the house but those dogs were one step away from getting a bunch of holes punched in em.

Ziggy
06-18-2004, 09:10 AM
Originally posted by MudPumper
When I was going to college in San Diego I rented a house that was back off a really quiet safe street. You really didn't know it was there because there was another house kinda in front of mine. Anyway its about 2am and I have the front door open with just the screen shut. I hear this noise like footsteps going down into the back yard . I grab my Glock .40 and my Steemlight and slowly creep outside. Its dark as hell and I here footsteps coming at me and a metallic clinking sound. I draw down and hit the flashlight and I'm face to face with my neighbors dogs that aren't friendly. They were two huge ass boxers and they start growling and creeping toward me. I'm thinking f uck I'm going to have to shoot these dogs and I really dont want to because I love dogs and beside it's 2am and I'm going to wake up the whole damn neighborhood. I slowly crept backwards and was able to make it into the house but those dogs were one step away from getting a bunch of holes punched in em.
So what kinda shoes were the dogs wearing to make it sound like footsteps???:D :D :D
DEWDrops...I love that barter Idea....I could be rich with lovin' if I can pull off a deal like that:D ;)