PDA

View Full Version : What happened to OutBoard Tech in HB Mag?

STV_Keith
06-16-2004, 08:47 PM
I noticed that in the new issue, Outboard Tech with Alan Stoker is no longer in there. What gives?

racer
06-16-2004, 09:30 PM
Not sure what happened, but just answered questions last week. Although additional questions would make for a better variety.

gigamurph
06-16-2004, 10:11 PM
Originally posted by STV_Keith
I noticed that in the new issue, Outboard Tech with Alan Stoker is no longer in there. What gives? What? You already have the next issue? i hate it when that happens! As to your query; hopefully irt is just missin' due to a shortage of material. I noticed awhile back that the v-drive tech section was missin' and Wilkes was askin' for more input. Hopefully will make a comeback in future issues. How be STV_Keith?:)

CrazyHippy
06-16-2004, 10:23 PM
Hmm.... more ?'s you say.....
What are your opinions on Nitrous use? What does it do to motor life? The motor in question is a semi ported merc 2.5 260, on a STV pro comp. There is another boat in town trying for 120mph, and I have to keep up w/ the jonses.
BJH In Las Vegas

CrazyHippy
06-16-2004, 10:29 PM
question #2
I have a 97 Cee Bee Avenger (20ft pad vee bottom) and it has a minor chine walk issue. I can drive through it w/ very little trouble, but no one else seems to be able too. It's hard for me to explain how to drive through it, as it's a seat of the pants, slef taught deal, so how would you explain how to drive throgh a chine walk situation. The boat is powered by a 97 merc 200efi, mounted to the transom and runs just over 80 loaded light. no one else can drive it over 70 though....
BJ in Las Vegas

racer
06-17-2004, 06:37 PM
BJ, send them in and I would be happy to answer them.

You Te
06-17-2004, 09:59 PM
Hippy,
they can't drive it because they don't know how to balance the hull on the pad.:D :D :D
Nitrous:D :D :D :D :D
You Te

CrazyHippy
06-17-2004, 11:04 PM
Just steal them from here... I'm not super concerned w/ teaching everyone how to balance my boat on the pad, if I do that they'll want to drive more.
And I would imagine as an engine builder your Nitrous response would go something like "Nitrous can build some really good power, but the motor must be built to handle it. Call me with any other questions at........ "
I understand that you have to protect your backside, so some moron doesnt blame you when he blows his motor into 10billion pieces, and dont blame you at all. I would be interested in your opinion as a racer, not a motor builder or salesman though.
Consider these questions sent Via ***boat Msg Board
BJH

You Te
06-19-2004, 07:59 AM
Hippy, I don't think Racer likes nitrous. But it fits in the boat so nice.

CrazyHippy
06-20-2004, 01:03 PM
You dont have to use Nitrous to respect it. He may not use it on his boats, yet still be a fan (kinda like me, but with many more years of doing this stuff...)
When i learn to drive the STV, i'll be looking:D
BJH

You Te
06-22-2004, 08:33 PM
Hippy,
when you hit the button you will be laughing.:D :D
You Te

lucky
06-23-2004, 06:29 AM
has dissipeard just like the v drive thread as all our boats are obsoleate and not large enough - ( they made more room for 105 foot stearn drives ) that will carry 30 people and still do 80 mph :eek: Hippy - keep the prop on will ya : ) :D

You Te
06-23-2004, 07:40 AM
Cold Boat is about money.
How fast can someone get a big tuna boat to run. Wow! impress your friends and of course pick up hot women. Look at me everyone, I just made some boat manufacture laugh all the way to the bank.
You Te

Larry Nebb
06-23-2004, 08:31 AM
at least you guys have Stoker to ask questions (when there is an OB tech). Us v drive guys, well.......we have an outboard racer to ask our v drive questions too!

You Te
06-23-2004, 04:44 PM
Not that many guys ask Stoker.:D :D Larry, at least you guys have Jet Boat Guru.
You Te:

racer
06-23-2004, 06:55 PM
BJ Actually I have played a little with nitrous. The questions have been answered and sent to the magazine.

CrazyHippy
06-23-2004, 10:40 PM
Thank you Sir:D
BTW, the 224 w/ the whipple (Mark's boat) running around is a really really nice ride, nice work!!!
BJH