PDA

View Full Version : Lake Berryessa next weekend. June 26th

adsala
06-16-2004, 11:15 PM
I'm a new guy to HB but not new to boating. We've been going to Berryessa for years. This web site is a great place to make new friends in the area. A big group of us are going to Berryessa next weekend. We will be camping at Rancho Montecello. If you go, what does your boat look like so I may spot you. We will most likely go to the putah creek bridge and hang. Look at my web page to see my boat. Maybe if you come by Rancho, you can see my boat shored up if I am not out. Just wave or shore up and I will see you. I'm into RC planes and I will be flying them off the shore where we camp. So if you see a small plane flying in the air feel free to come by. Let's talk!
Oh ya there will be alot of kids. That's what happens after a while being married!

Cas
06-17-2004, 06:57 AM
Dean,
Great job on the boat! I enjoyed reading your pages on what you did, looks great!.
Not sure if we'll make it to the lake this weekend or not but if we do, we'll be sure to look for you.
If you haven't already seen it, you can visit LBBA Forums (http://p210.ezboard.com/bclassic***boats) to see what's been going on so far and what's planned for outings. No need to be a member to join in on the fun.

Pointerman
06-17-2004, 07:34 AM
I'll be in Disneyland that day. Have a good one. I do most of my boating on the Delta. Nice work on your boat.

Cas
06-17-2004, 08:09 AM
my bad, just noticed it said the 26th.....it's a real good possibility we'll be up there. Might even be a test and tune with a new set-up for me.

QuickJet
06-19-2004, 12:10 AM
I will be there for sure on the 26th trolling around @ Putah Creek. I have a 79 Bahner. It's black and yellow and a little loud.

adsala
06-19-2004, 12:47 AM
Cas,
I looked at your web page and wow, you guys are really organized. I hope that we can connect someday. Looks like you have a nice group of people. I see that you usually stay at the south end. I like to stay near the north cause it's easier to get to the bridge! hehe.
Everyone that I invited to camp out with us that weekend is actually coming! It's going to be a great weekend. Four or maybe five boats in my party. Mostly ski boats with towers. I don't need one cause when I want to wake board I use their's. I have the old jet cause it's cool and fast. And it turns out everyone ends up on my boat cause it's cool and fast.
QuickJet,
I'll look for you. Just want to say my boat as a teal bimini now. Just in case you have not seen the page, the boat is 20' mini day jet open bow, white, with blue and teal stipes on the side with one small red stripe ( on the side too).

Cas
06-19-2004, 07:02 AM
Dean,
Most of us are 40 somethings that have experienced the Pope Creek bridge festivities many times in the past. Now most of us stay at the south end and visit the north.......gotta get flashed once in a while for ego's sake :D
Thanks for the kudos on the LBBA, it's a lot of fun with a lot of real good people. Although the website and message board only shows a few outings, there's something happening on a smaller scale almost every weekend. What's neat is just about all of us have met via the net be it Banderlog, Hot Boat or the old real jet boat board. Laid Back Boaters is a off-spring of all that. Keep an eye on the message board as to when you might be able to join us or post up if you're going to do something and you want some company. Most of us have jets but there's a few v-drives, an outboard or two and a couple of 100+ mph cats.
Quick,
I have an 84 Bahner 18' open bow that's black, red, orange and kind of a yellow. Usually can't miss the boat, there's very rarely another one like it on the lakes.

adsala
06-19-2004, 09:12 AM
Originally posted by Cas
Most of us are 40 somethings that have experienced the Pope Creek bridge festivities many times in the past. Now most of us stay at the south end and visit the north.......gotta get flashed once in a while for ego's sake :D
Actually I don't really care were I camp on the lake, north or south. If I'm on the south, I don't usually venture out as far as the bridge. It really takes a beating on my boat!
We were at the bridge once back in the 80's, and Eddie Money pulled up on a huge house boat, set up a band on the roof, and put on a concert! Must of been a couple hundred boats all collected in one place.
I see your pictures of your shasta trips. I stayed at Antlers last year for a week. The first time I've ever been to Shasta. I swear that is one of the most beautiful lakes I've ever been to. This year we are going to lake Trinity for a week July 25th-Aug1st. Trinity is a lot like shasta but less the amenities. I got a Lance camper so it makes it alot easier.
I'll keep an eye on LBBA. Maybe later this summer I'll try and hook up with you guys. Yes, I'm in my 40's my wife still in her 30's. We have 2 year old little girl. Trying to expose the little one to as much boating as possible so maybe I can justify a new boat someday!

Cas
06-21-2004, 07:33 AM
I remember hearing something about Eddie Money being there, kind of one of those real distant memories clouded by a thick fog :D
Anthler's is a very family friendly campground to stay being they have the playground, pool and then the Tues thru Sunday movies in the evenings. I really like it there.
I haven't been to Trinity yet but we've been talking about going there, maybe next year though. The way this year is going already, summer is going to go by very fast.
Getting back to the original question about this Sat at Berryessa, I was reminded yesterday that I have oral surgery Friday afternoon. I'm not sure I'll be completely up and about come Saturday.