PDA

View Full Version : GUYS - What are they doing to us?

burtandnancy
06-17-2004, 05:43 AM
Have you noticed how TV nearly always depicts the gals as truely beautiful, dressed to kill, great hair and make-up, while us guys are usually shown needing a shave and haircut and a clean shirt. Even the supermodels are shown with some doofus. In real life I don't see it that way. Why are we portrayed this way on TV. A rare exception, and seen often is Howie Long. If you guys post pictures here of yourselves at the lake/river, you have the great looking women, but you don't look like the TV wierdo's (well in most cases anyway) Why do the people producing TV and TV commercials do this to us?

HighRoller
06-17-2004, 06:09 AM
I think Adam Corolla put it best when he described hit TV shows like "Everyone Loves Raymond", which depict men as dumbasses. He said"So you got this huge network, run by men, and a lot of men produce, direct and write the show as well as do the technical editing and camerawork and they all do a damn good job and seem to be pretty smart. But the guy who stars in the show is always an idiotic buffoon who couldn't find his shoes in the morning without his brilliant wife!" I agree. I'm tired of these shows that depict all men as bungling dufus types like it's "cute". Network TV shows are trying to make us believe the only intelligent men on the planet are the queers.

dirty old man
06-17-2004, 07:11 AM
I may be a dirty old man, but I won't be seen with a supermodel looking like these clods.

HCS
06-17-2004, 07:23 AM
I don't watch TV. When did this happen?:D

welk2party
06-17-2004, 08:03 AM
I ask my wife all the time why the men on TV look like idiots. She tells me they are trying to give a realistic outlook on reality. Of course she is just trying to get me riled up.

06-17-2004, 08:46 AM
Because its pollitically correct to bash white men:mad:

Huckleberry
06-17-2004, 09:11 AM
It society's way of keepin' the white man down! :D

cdog
06-17-2004, 09:34 AM
Originally posted by 058
Because its pollitically correct to bash white men:mad:
VERY VERY TRUE. Women are protrayed to be the genious in the family, black guy's have the getto smarts, white guy's get stuck with the bill and the over domineering, know it all wife.
Not in my house!

06-17-2004, 12:12 PM
I became aware of this shit about 15 years ago, A TV ad for a bank showed a beautiful, intelligent, strong WOMAN attempting to show her dim-witted, wimpy husband how to operate the ball-point pen so he could try to write a check and she had to show him how to write the check. The ad went on to show the guy get all frustrated and he turned into a blathering idiot, the strong, intelligent wife had to rescue him from himself. I was so pissed I boycotted that bank chain, [like they really missed my money] it has since been bought out by another chain. The ad that pisses me off now is for Earthlink that shows the wife [fitting the above discription] and her husband injuring himself doing household chores. I've also wondered if these WOmen are so smart, why did they marry such dolts, morons and idiots?

CA Stu
06-17-2004, 12:16 PM
You guys have it all wrong.
When you meet a smart, beautiful woman, **** her brains out to bring her down to your level.
Good Luck
CA Stu

Kilrtoy
06-17-2004, 12:28 PM
Im good looking , Just ask my wife......:D

HighRoller
06-17-2004, 02:22 PM
You know, I hate to agree with RD because you all will accuse me of some kind of conspiracy...but what the hell is up with "fashion" these days? A mesh baseball cap turned sideways? The stylin hairdo of the day is looking like you just woke up? What happened to fashion being about looking nice and dressing up? Nowadays, if a woman doesn't look like a Polish crack ***** when she goes out, and her date doesn't look like a sleazy bum, they're not "hip". You can look good without being sloppy, but I guess that look is too "commercial".

ROZ
06-17-2004, 02:27 PM
Originally posted by CA Stu
You guys have it all wrong.
When you meet a smart, beautiful woman, **** her brains out to bring her down to your level.
Good Luck
CA Stu
Leykis 101 :cool:

lucky
06-17-2004, 02:34 PM
18's and show'in crack - I'll show her hip - my big ol fat ones - buhahahahaah -
Me personaly, wear my "loose cannon " hat foward - or all the way turned around for high speed , i mean really reallly reallly high speed - wait really reallly really high speed runs - ohh wait really ...... I think i look attractive with grease on my face and my junk hanging out - :cool: :eek!: ;) did i mention really really really fast - and no its not a whacker ( hippy ) but this is coming from a back wood mechanic -- so its overhauls and hog calls ....

RiverToysJas
06-17-2004, 03:22 PM
I think ZZ Top said it best.....
Clean shirt, new shoes
and I don't know where I am goin' to.
Silk suit, black tie,
I don't need a reason why.
They come runnin' just as fast as they can
'cos every girl crazy 'bout a sharp dressed man.
Gold watch, diamond ring,
I ain't missin' not a single thing.
Cufflinks, stick pin,
when I step out I'm gonna do you in.
'Coz every girl crazy 'bout a sharp dressed man.
Top coat, top hat,
And I don't worry coz my wallet's fat.
Black shades, white gloves,
lookin' sharp lookin' for love.
'Coz every girl crazy 'bout a sharp dressed man.
RTJas :D

twistedpair
06-17-2004, 03:46 PM
I kinda like Joe Jacksons take on it:
Pretty women out walking with gorillas down my street
From my window I’m staring while my coffee grows cold
Look over there! (where? )
There’s a lady that I used to know
She’s married now, or engaged, or something, so I am told
Is she really going out with him?
Is she really gonna take him home tonight?
Is she really going out with him?
’cause if my eyes don’t deceive me,
There’s something going wrong around here
Tonight’s the night when I go to all the parties down my street.
I wash my hair and I kid myself I look real smooth
Look over there! (where? )
Here comes jeanie with her new boyfriend
They say that looks don’t count for much
If so, there goes your proof

GlastronGuy
06-17-2004, 04:04 PM
http://abc.go.com/images/wallpaper/1024x768/1024_accordingtojim.jpg

ratso
06-17-2004, 04:08 PM
...I know a ton of chicks where it isn't about looks at all, but it is about the cash.;)

Rexone
06-17-2004, 05:22 PM
Originally posted by RiverDave
Me's n You's is like Peas n Carrots Roller.. :D
RD
I think that's the funniest post I've read this week. :D

DaveA
06-17-2004, 05:51 PM
Originally posted by ratso
...I know a ton of chicks where it isn't about looks at all, but it is about the cash.;)
Yup, "Love's old hat; money's where it's at!"
And that goes both ways, too.:D