PDA

View Full Version : Lake Anna Lodge Room Rate!!!

MarKist
04-04-2006, 03:35 PM
I called the Lodge today to confirm our reservations since the ownership had changed. I spoke to "Paul" if that is his real name?? He gave me a confirmation number which is good but in the process told me that the room rate was $75.99 for week nights and $99.99 for week-ends??? Now when I talked to Shawn in Jan. he told me it would be the same price as last year which was $59.00 and $74.00. I explained that to Paul and he said that if I brought my receipt from last year he would honor it. Just wanted to give everyone a FYI.....
Gina

supersoaker509
04-04-2006, 04:27 PM
I just confirmed my reservations and was told that I needed a confirmation paper or a receipt to get the old price. I have neither so I guess I pay the new rate. :(

737jetmech
04-04-2006, 04:33 PM
I 'm sure they totally remodeled the place ! So much for the BOTE group rates!
Everything cost more ... why not the (Cell Block)! :yuk:

supersoaker509
04-04-2006, 04:42 PM
Paul said that is the rates that Shawn had in the system and they did not raise them.

Lady Warhawk
04-05-2006, 06:50 PM
Hm, sounds like no more complaining about the previous owner now.

HammerDown
04-06-2006, 02:15 PM
I just confirmed my reservations and was told that I needed a confirmation paper or a receipt, I have neither. :(
I don't have a confirmation # either...I called and left a message, no return call. :rolleyes:

HammerDown
04-08-2006, 06:53 PM
Cell Block...gotta love how they never return a call.

Wet Dream
04-09-2006, 05:27 AM
If thats the case, that is a substancial increase. A 4 night stay was $266 and now its going up to $352? WTF?

MarKist
04-09-2006, 03:52 PM
yeah Bill !! that's what I was thinking !!!thank god! my book keeper(Gina) is on top of things..........and we have our receipt, and he said, he would honor those prices!! :)works for me!...see ya there!
Markist

MizBubba
04-10-2006, 12:35 PM
I can't get a return phone call, none of the e-mail addresses work, and I've sent a fax, with no return contact, either.
Is the Lodge still there??? :mad:
If we can't get the reservations confirmed, will they be cancelled? Anybody know?

drejustice
04-10-2006, 12:48 PM
MizBubba
Keep trying. I had to try a variety of hours and finally got someone late in the afternoon. Since this is our first time going, we don't have a reciept to try and fanagle last year's rate. They had all our info in the computer correct from when we called way back when, so I wouldn't worry too much.

MrsMarKist
04-10-2006, 12:59 PM
I'm not sure what is going to happen! I don't think "Paul" is aware that Shawn gave the BOTE group a discounted rate. I mean we do rent the whole damn place!! He tried to tell me that those were the same prices from last year. I disagreed with him and got my receipt out and told him what I paid last year :argue: . So if you have your receipt bring it..Rooms at the Hilton and Marriott are $99 a night!!!!!! The cell block does not even compare to one of those places..................:rollside:

HammerDown
04-10-2006, 02:08 PM
$100.00 a night for the Cell Block :2purples: ...don't think so.
Not that it matters, no one returns my calls anyhow.

supersoaker509
04-10-2006, 02:17 PM
He had my same 2 rooms that I reserved with Shawn back in Jan. Just not the price that Shawn told me. I think all the rooms are reserved as we all reserved them just at a higher rate. I called at 9pm and got right through.

Wet Dream
04-10-2006, 03:57 PM
We all have our reservations. What Paul did is raise the rates to the same as everyone else out there. Everyone else is "The Lighthouse". Ok, it doesn't compare to the Lighthouse, but when you have 2 hotels on the lake, you get to pick the prices. I hope we can find our receipt from last year.

DansBlown73Nordic
04-10-2006, 04:23 PM
Phone number for the lodge?????

drejustice
04-10-2006, 05:24 PM
Anyone wanna xerox a copy of their receipt from last year for us to use?? :idea: We'll buy first round!

MizBubba
04-11-2006, 06:48 AM
Anyone wanna xerox a copy of their receipt from last year for us to use?? :idea: We'll buy first round!
...and make a couple EXTRA copies! I'll bring extra banana pudding! :220v:

jets4me
04-11-2006, 10:33 AM
how about some peaches if you no what i mean and if anyone does i think it will mizbubba and bubba

DansBlown73Nordic
04-11-2006, 11:24 AM
I was thinking the same thing....How about hooking a brother up with a copy..... :)

MizBubba
04-11-2006, 03:48 PM
how about some peaches if you no what i mean and if anyone does i think it will mizbubba and bubba
Ya knows I LUVs them peaches. :rollside:
But I don't know how to make them ! :220v:

Wet Dream
04-12-2006, 03:01 PM
You think the rooms rates are going to be expensive? Wait until we find out how much the gas is going to go up.

Mrs.sleekcraft76
04-13-2006, 05:23 PM
Maybe for next year, we should look at the hotel that Wideopen suggested a couple of years ago. (Sorry I don't remember the name of the hotel) I think it was right off of I95. Atleast for the money you can get free breakfast, comfy beds (without bugs) and drywall and cleaning people that will not mess with your stuff when you tell them not to. Just a suggestion.
I know at Lake James you have to drive a little bit from the lake to the hotel, but it gives you time to get excited about going on the water on the way there and gives you time to relax on the way home. Plus, the hotel there let's us hang out in the front yard with our boats. Heck, everyone's seen pictures. Plus there's other restaurant's that you can eat at.

HammerDown
04-13-2006, 06:29 PM
Good idea...^... if memory serves me I believe I clocked some 18 miles from the exit at 95 to the Lodge.
Or maybe, I'll simply build on the lake. :rollside:

Mrs.sleekcraft76
04-14-2006, 06:23 AM
Good idea...^... if memory serves me I believe I clocked some 18 miles from the exit at 95 to the Lodge.
Or maybe, I'll simply build on the lake. :rollside:
Go for it. I'll be first in line to stay at your place. Unless there's some KINKY stuff there :notam: :D

MrsMarKist
04-14-2006, 10:10 AM
You are right Jamie... I think that is a great idea!! :rollside:
Maybe for next year, we should look at the hotel that Wideopen suggested a couple of years ago. (Sorry I don't remember the name of the hotel) I think it was right off of I95. Atleast for the money you can get free breakfast, comfy beds (without bugs) and drywall and cleaning people that will not mess with your stuff when you tell them not to. Just a suggestion.
I know at Lake James you have to drive a little bit from the lake to the hotel, but it gives you time to get excited about going on the water on the way there and gives you time to relax on the way home. Plus, the hotel there let's us hang out in the front yard with our boats. Heck, everyone's seen pictures. Plus there's other restaurant's that you can eat at.

Mrs.sleekcraft76
04-14-2006, 02:47 PM
You are right Jamie... I think that is a great idea!! :rollside:
Thank ya dear!!

DansBlown73Nordic
04-14-2006, 03:42 PM
Sounds correct Hammer.....Maybe the Catarer [sp?] will have some "Muddy Spuds" :yuk: :yuk: :yuk:

HammerDown
04-14-2006, 06:35 PM
Sounds correct Hammer.....Maybe the Catarer [sp?] will have some "Muddy Spuds" :yuk: :yuk: :yuk:
Oh God ..."muddy spuds"...bring more TP :rolleyes: