PDA

View Full Version : Needles, and Katherine's question

skygod73
06-17-2004, 10:21 AM
Staying in Laughlin, planning to spend friday on Havasu, sat on Mohave. I have never launched in Needles, where is the best place for a 29 to launch? After we pull out I would like to get a slip friday night @ Kathrine's to avoid any lines on sat. How late can I get a slip friday evening @ Kathrine's? Is there a phone # to call out there?
P.S. About what time in the day will is there be enough water to head down from the sand bar on friday into Havasu? It's been a couple years, and I remember how shallow the neck can get.
Thanks,
Carl

FRENCHIE
06-17-2004, 10:23 AM
last two weekdends i went out of Needles marina early like 7:15- 7:30 time..your 29 will be fine, couple other 29s went out with us! We went straight to breakfast at topac, then havasu by 8:30 no probs! water level read betw 11-15 feet all way to topac..not evena worry!;)

skygod73
06-17-2004, 10:35 AM
Thanks Frenchie,
Great, so the water was ok all the way down to Havasu that early? Just so I understand, how many launch ramps and Marinas are there between Needles and the sand bar? I don't know that section of water too well.

FRENCHIE
06-17-2004, 10:53 AM
probably about four or so! but if you drive down to needles , dont turn to get back on the 40fwy, stay straight over the freeway past a couple of gas stations, taco bell into the little town! at the end it curves to the right and you make a left right before the golf course...it will say Needles Marina! Early is good as we did not have one person launching either time when we got out! It is a three lane ramp with traction cement grip, in the p.m. there might be a few peeps! good luck you cant go wrong there...also i clocked it i think it was about 13-15 miles to topac, 32 miles to the channel at havasu! sorry dont remember miles to sanbar! We do the needles thing usualy on sat then sunday mojave and mojave is usaully fine on sundays, alot quieter! by the way it approx 24 miles from Laughlin to needles marina! hope thi shelps!;) :D

hd&boatrider
06-17-2004, 10:55 AM
Originally posted by skygod73
Staying in Laughlin, planning to spend friday on Havasu, sat on Mohave. I have never launched in Needles, where is the best place for a 29 to launch? After we pull out I would like to get a slip friday night @ Kathrine's to avoid any lines on sat. How late can I get a slip friday evening @ Kathrine's? Is there a phone # to call out there?
P.S. About what time in the day will is there be enough water to head down from the sand bar on friday into Havasu? It's been a couple years, and I remember how shallow the neck can get.
Thanks,
Carl
You can call the marina but the number you will have to get from info..Katherines Landing in Bullhead City...ac 928. Basically all the transient slips are first come first serve. You will have to get on a list and be there between 11:30-12:30 I believe when they call out names. There are very few 30 foot slips in the D slip area. Odds are you will not get one if you do not get this done first thing Friday 8am or Thursday. Once you get the slip you can keep it as long as you want.

skygod73
06-21-2004, 12:12 PM
Thanks guys the trip went great. We did Havasu via Needles marina on Friday. Mohave on Sat from Cottonwood, Kathrines was a zoo.

FRENCHIE
06-21-2004, 04:52 PM
good deal!:D