PDA

View Full Version : reglassing in stringers

JET-O-VATOR
06-17-2004, 12:35 PM
im in the process of helping a buddy reglass the stringers and floor back into his boat.. My question to you guys is what kind of resin and matte should i use? some one had told me laminating resin and 3m chop string matte. this sounds good but according to a book I have it says that chop string is the weakest of the matte's please help me out guys.... Thanks in advance
Daniel

copperrat20
06-17-2004, 12:48 PM
My dad used to own a fiberglass shop and is currently showing me some tricks. I just went through all of that with my sanger that I am restoring. For resin- really you can just use the cheap stuff that home depot sells. $25.00 per gallon. Now fiberglass you should use cloth no mat. Cloth is the fine stuff that is sewn together real tight no the crap that you can rip by hand. If you live in southern Cali- the only place to buy great stuff at great prices is Sher-Fab unlimited in Norwalk. Call Doug. He can help.

Craig
06-17-2004, 07:47 PM
Check out Fibreglast.com, they have a lot of good info on line and a good tech line.
Craig

396_Z
06-17-2004, 08:32 PM
I got all of my stuff from www.fiberlay.com
Nice guys really. They got me set up and going with everything I needed. Shouldn't take more than 2 days from order to your doorstep.