PDA

View Full Version : Ticket for no seatbelt on

hd&boatrider
06-17-2004, 12:49 PM
Just arrived...friggin' $94.20 :(

copperrat20
06-17-2004, 12:50 PM
Were you stopped for the ticket or did a light catch you or what?

Bre
06-17-2004, 12:50 PM
Better start wearing it huh:D

Bre
06-17-2004, 12:51 PM
Didn't they used to only be $25.00??:confused:

rivercrazy
I was telling everyone before that its a tax not a ticket....You've now confirmed its a TAX.....And don't get another one cause the fine doubles everytime you get one now......

OGShocker
Originally posted by hd&boatrider
Just arrived...friggin' $94.20 :(
Maybe the State can afford to fix all the potholes now.
That sux! I am waiting on my 80 in a 65 ticket to show up.

copperrat20
06-17-2004, 12:52 PM
sorry Bre- don't you hate when you go to post something and then by the time you reply someone has already basically interupted you. I apologize.

copperrat20
Originally posted by copperrat20
sorry Bre- don't you hate when you go to post something and then by the time you reply someone has already basically interupted you. I apologize.
Damn it- it just happened to me- thanks OG and rivercrazy!

Bre
Why do I care?:D

Bre
06-17-2004, 12:53 PM
:D

hd&boatrider
06-17-2004, 12:54 PM
They got me in Norco via a motorcycle cop. I don't like wearing one just as I don't like wearing a helmet when I ride the Harley. I have insurance so leave me the %$#& alone. It should be my choice. Now for a child under 18 that is a different story but I am an adult....

rivercrazy
06-17-2004, 12:56 PM
They got me in Norco via a motorcycle cop. I don't like wearing one just as I don't like wearing a helmet when I ride the Harley. I have insurance so leave me the %$#& alone. It should be my choice. Now for a child under 18 that is a different story but I am an adult....
Pretty soon were gonna be charged a tax for taking a whizzz.....

hd&boatrider
06-17-2004, 12:56 PM
Originally posted by rivercrazy
I was telling everyone before that its a tax not a ticket....You've now confirmed its a TAX.....And don't get another one cause the fine doubles everytime you get one now......
Ahhhh...That makes sense because the other one I had a few years was about $50....

Bre
06-17-2004, 12:57 PM
I don't wanna find out you died either though becuase you weren't wearing a seatbelt. .... suck it up....you'll get used to wearing it after a while. There's a lot more cars/traffic today then there was back in the day when there wasn't a law for it.

carbonmarine
Entreprenurial Taxation by Municipalities through law enforcement
** SHOULD BE AGAINST THE LAW **
..... as I stare at my no seat belt ticket $ 97.00
Rick32. carbon

hd&boatrider
Originally posted by Bre
Why do I care?:D
Because you care about eveyone and small puppies also? :)

rivercrazy
06-17-2004, 12:58 PM
I think the point HD&B was making is that there is WAY to much government regulation in our lives. Get the government out of the private sector...Bottom line its just another tax and a way of squeezing more money out of the population....

Bre
06-17-2004, 01:02 PM
It sucks..but we can't hide from it:rolleyes: :D
I just wish he'd suck it up and start wearing one:) Start taking me w/ you in the car to the river..I'll teach you how to wear one:p ;)

rivercrazy
06-17-2004, 01:03 PM
Your right Bre. There is no way out of it. Just like you can't evade death and taxes.
But IMO that doesn't make it right....:D

hd&boatrider
06-17-2004, 01:04 PM
Originally posted by Bre
I don't wanna find out you died either though becuase you weren't wearing a seatbelt. .... suck it up....you'll get used to wearing it after a while. There's a lot more cars/traffic today then there was back in the day when there wasn't a law for it.
Thanks Bre....I just am kind of someone who doesn't like to be told what I need to do. Smart? not the best decision I have made but WTF my time is coming regardless. I do appreciate the concern though.

hd&boatrider
06-17-2004, 01:06 PM
Originally posted by Bre
It sucks..but we can't hide from it:rolleyes: :D
I just wish he'd suck it up and start wearing one:) Start taking me w/ you in the car to the river..I'll teach you how to wear one:p ;)
Actually on the long drives I usually put it on. Funny because most of the accidents that occur are nearby your home.

dimarcobros
06-17-2004, 01:06 PM
I got one a couple of weeks ago that cost me $80, it was my third one since they started giving them out as fines. I hate wearing my seatbelt also but I have been wearing since, so I guess it worked on me. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
DMB

copperrat20
06-17-2004, 01:09 PM
Actually on the long drives I usually put it on. Funny because most of the accidents that occur are nearby your home.
That is true- 98% of accidents happen within 3 miles of home!

Bre
06-17-2004, 01:11 PM
Thanks Bre....I just am kind of someone who doesn't like to be told what I need to do. Smart? not the best decision I have made but WTF my time is coming regardless. I do appreciate the concern though.
Ok..I'll just shut my mouth then

Dave C
06-17-2004, 01:24 PM
so your stubborn..... me too damn it....

Kilrtoy
06-17-2004, 01:27 PM
Now for a child under 18 that is a different story but I am an adult....
Please explain the difference....

hd&boatrider
06-17-2004, 02:04 PM
Originally posted by Kilrtoy
Now for a child under 18 that is a different story but I am an adult....
Please explain the difference....
I need to explain the difference between an adult and someone under 18 KT? WTF!

Kilrtoy
06-17-2004, 02:06 PM
YES,
Hitting the window at 17 is no different than at 18.

hd&boatrider
06-17-2004, 02:08 PM
YES,
Hitting the window at 17 is no different than at 18.
Yes that is true but in our society we DO treat kids differently.

ratso
06-17-2004, 03:53 PM
I'm staying out of it this time...:D

slink
06-17-2004, 04:12 PM
Tom, seeing how much you love your tremor and hog I would hate not having you around to enjoy them. Youre right, you are an adult and believe me, I'm not a big seatbelt ticket writer (unless kids are involved) but let me leave a little vision with ya. Last collision I handled, driver not wearing belt into light pole.
Right side of his face head was stuck to the windshield pillar support. I found the left side, with his brain, about 35' down the road. Kinda sticks with ya for awhile. I could go on with several more, but won't bore you guys. All of you guys/gals do yourself and love ones a favor and just put the damn belt on. I would hate to meet you dead before we had a chance to meet alive. :frown:

JetBoatRich
06-17-2004, 04:20 PM
Just wear your belt, been wearing mine since I can remember:D

mickeyfinn
06-17-2004, 04:23 PM
Originally posted by copperrat20
That is true- 98% of accidents happen within 3 miles of home!
I have heard that before so I just moved 5 miles. Now I should be safe right?

ahhell
06-17-2004, 04:26 PM
Working in a hospital, id say cheap lesson...I know you knew about the law.......RIGHT:confused:

hd&boatrider
06-17-2004, 04:58 PM
DAMN! :) Alright, I will start wearing my seatbelt for my son and family. When I was growing up you didn't have to wear them so it became a habit not to. My son on the other side was taught to always put his on and he does everytime when he gets in a car. He has had a couple of accidents...totaled the vehicles and he had very minor injuries. This was because he had his seatbelt on.
Count me in on wearing my seatbelt. Thanks for helping me see the light

FRENCHIE
06-17-2004, 05:17 PM
my wife just got one, boy did we argue about that!:mad:

Debbolas
06-17-2004, 05:24 PM
Matt always yells at me for not wearing my seatbelt. I am trying to do better.
My kids are so trained, when my daughter babysits for our neighbor, up the block and he drives her home, she buckles up. He just thinks that is so funny!
I witness an awfull accident a while ago, and that really motivated me to wear my seatbelt.
When we were kids, we only had to wear our seatbelts on the freeway (1966):D

CA Stu
06-17-2004, 05:24 PM
This is a complex issue best addressed in person, too long to post.
Ya know, social contract, limited emergency serivce available, priority, etc. etc. blah blah blah...
In a nutshell, you are a big boy, you knew it was against the law, suck it up.
Kinda like smoking pot:
Usually, a harmless, victimless crime, but against the law anywy. "Don't do the crime, if you can't pay the fine, yeah! Woh woh wohhhh"
(Aplolgies to Baretta)
Thanks
CA Stu

hd&boatrider
06-17-2004, 05:26 PM
Originally posted by CA Stu
This is a complex issue best addressed in person, too long to post.
Ya know, social contract, limited emergency serivce available, priority, etc. etc. blah blah blah...
In a nutshell, you are a big boy, you knew it was against the law, suck it up.
Kinda like smoking pot:
Usually, a harmless, victimless crime, but against the law anywy. "Don't do the crime, if you can't pay the fine, yeah! Woh woh wohhhh"
(Aplolgies to Baretta)
Thanks
CA Stu
I paid the fine and knew the law. No problem there

JetBoatRich
06-17-2004, 07:13 PM
If it makes you feel any better Tom, My registration came into today and it will be $616 for the next year, all I did was buy a new truck :eek:

Kilrtoy
06-17-2004, 07:44 PM
WHAT I thought they changed that stuff

JetBoatRich
06-17-2004, 07:55 PM
WHAT I thought they changed that stuff
You will be getting a bill like me real soon:o just think if they didn't:yuk:

hd&boatrider
06-17-2004, 07:57 PM
Well, I had to take my son to Norco and as I started out I of course did not have the seatbelt on....I thought of our little conversation and slipped it on :). Wore it all the way there and all the way back. Progress in little steps :).
I did take it off as I went thru the Wendys to get a frosty...is that OK? :)

mtndewdrops
06-17-2004, 08:21 PM
There are so many people in such a hurry to go nowhere, it is a good idea to wear it. It doesn't matter how safe of a driver you are, it is the other person that you have to look out for.
Isn't it funny that we will wear it to save $$$ but not ourselves.

fourspeednup
06-17-2004, 09:02 PM
I swear to god everywhere I go people are trying to kill me on the road! It's like a game and if they ever succeed that would mean that I lost....and I hate losing. :D
Seriously though, that's good that you are wearing your seatbelt...I've had firsthand experience of a family that was torn apart by an unneccesary death(body flung about 40ft from the vehicle) and it wasn't fun. Please don't do that to your respective families(not aimed at you HD&B but anyone else who has yet to see the light)

goneboatin
06-18-2004, 09:41 AM
Back in '85 I had to go to traffic school, they showed us some blood and guts movies. The instructor ( a policeman) said that most of the accidents in the movies were head injuries that killed the occupants of crashed vehicles. Had they been wearing them, they would probably be around today.
I started wearing my seatbelt after that class....3 months later I was going through and intersection and saw a red Toyota comming toward me waiting to make a left hand turn. Just as I made it into the intersection he pulled infront of me. I went from 40 to 0 in about 2 feet. I didn't even see it comming. When I came around (maybe 10 to 15 seconds), I saw that my front end on my El Camino was smashed and steam was comming out from under the hood. My steering wheel was bent so much on the left side that the turn signal lever was bent, but poking out on the front side of the steering wheel.
I kept looking at my arms, legs, and wiping my face for blood. I didn't have a scratch. The other guys who weren't wearing seatbelts were thrown against the winshield. One guy broke his jaw and his right arm, his face was a bloody mess. The driver's left arm and shoulder was broken, his face was a bloody also.
This little event made me a believer in seatbelts.

HavasuDreamin'
06-18-2004, 09:54 AM
A tax is something you can not avoid. A seat belt ticket is hardly a tax. The way to avoid payment is by wearing it. :p And yes I do think it should be a law (I know I'll catch flack over this). :devil: HD&boatrider may have health insurance, but lots of people out there don't, and you and I end up flipping the bill to try to save them when they go through the winshield at 75 mph all because they were to stupid to wear the seat belt.

rivercrazy
06-18-2004, 10:02 AM
To me it all boils down to taking personal responsibility for your actions. I don't need no stinkin laws to replace common sense. Its really to bad that the tax payers have to foot the bill for individual stupidity. There would be a lot of Darwin in effect to reduce the stupidity gene, if we just let the people taking away our personal freedom's away, remove themselves from the gene pool.
What happened to the day when people had sound common sense and took personal responsiblity for their own actions? I guess over time the human population's average IQ is dropping and attorney's pocketbooks are expanding.
I wear my seatbelt not because a law but because I wanna be around tomorrow. The reason I said its a tax is because law enforcement doesn't need any other infraction to pull you over in California. There are better ways of deploying our tax money than having law enforcement chase seatbelt tickets for revenues....

HavasuDreamin'
06-18-2004, 10:33 AM
I agree, the cops have many, many better things to do than pull over people for no seatbelts. I also agree that our society doesn't take responsibility for their own actions..............which is where the pitfall is. It sucks. :mad:
As a result of people not taking responsibility, and then trying to find all the loop holes in the system, laws are passed to try to help keep things $$$$ under control. If one un-insured life is saved through the seat belt law, the tax payers benefit. I wish it could be a Darwin society in that regard.
I also wear my seat belt all the time. In fact, it feels funny to drive without it on. :)