PDA

View Full Version : wakeboard found

DogHouse
06-17-2004, 08:08 PM
Found a wakeboard floating down the river last weekend while we were parked on a beach. I snagged it and stuck it upright in the sand in case the owner was out looking for it. After a while, we left and took the board with us. Any of you lose or know someone who lost one last weekend? If you can give me a reasonably accurate description of the board and approximately when/where it disappeared, and ya ask real nice, I **might** give it back! ;)
-brian

mtndewdrops
06-17-2004, 08:14 PM
It wasn't mine, just thought it was a nice gesture.

That Guy
06-17-2004, 08:14 PM
You know what, that is incredibly cool. That is what boating is supposed to be about. You could have easily kept it but it says alot about your character that you are willing to give it back. Very cool....by the way it is blue with red writing, i mean black with gold writing, i mean yellow with red trim...oh well, I guess it isn't mine but I still think it is awesome that you are looking for the owner. :) :)

Havasu Hangin'
06-17-2004, 08:23 PM
Man...I've been looking for that!
Thanks...I owe you a beer!

DogHouse
06-17-2004, 08:30 PM
Originally posted by Havasu Hangin'
Man...I've been looking for that!
Thanks...I owe you a beer!
Is it ok if I spray it with my *patented* gelcoat design before I give it back to ya? :D
And yes, you do owe me a beer! http://www.click-smilies.de/sammlung0304/ernaehrung/food-smiley-004.gif

LASERRAY
06-17-2004, 11:17 PM
Originally posted by DogHouse
Found a wakeboard floating down the river last weekend while we were parked on a beach. I snagged it and stuck it upright in the sand in case the owner was out looking for it. After a while, we left and took the board with us. Any of you lose or know someone who lost one last weekend? If you can give me a reasonably accurate description of the board and approximately when/where it disappeared, and ya ask real nice, I **might** give it back! ;)
-brian Very classy move doghouse.;) I once lost my bimini jacket on the water. Returned to the launch ramp a couple days later to retrive, and there it was sitting on the dock. Very cool. I'm waiting for my turn to pay-it-forward.;) :cool:

DogHouse
06-18-2004, 04:26 AM
Thanks to all for the good comments. I've recieved my fair share of help out on the water, so it's good to at least try and return the favor once in a while. I actually thought about leaving the thing on the beach, but then I figured someone else (not the owner) would just snag it.
RD, I might actually try this thing out myself if I can get my feet into the bindings. If not then my kids would like to give it a shot too, so I'll probably hang onto it. Now I'm gonna have to buy some big arse trim tabs to keep the boat on plane at wakeboard speed! I knew this was gonna cost me some money somehow...
:cool:

BarryMac
06-18-2004, 04:51 AM
good move doghouse!...
gjb

Kachina26
06-18-2004, 05:07 AM
Um yeah, a descrpition............uh it is about so long with two boot things on top and some fins on the bottom. Sounds like the one I lost. I'll just pick it up from you in a few weeks. Thanx;)

OutCole'd
06-18-2004, 05:21 AM
Originally posted by sbark1
You know what, that is incredibly cool. That is what boating is supposed to be about. You could have easily kept it but it says alot about your character that you are willing to give it back. Very cool....by the way it is blue with red writing, i mean black with gold writing, i mean yellow with red trim...oh well, I guess it isn't mine but I still think it is awesome that you are looking for the owner. :) :)
Don't give ol' Doghouse that much credit. If it was his size, he would be a proud new owner.:D :D J/K
Classy Move there Doghouse. See you at the Regatta next year.

DogHouse
06-18-2004, 05:34 AM
The Curbinator has it all figured out, LOL! :D :D :D