PDA

View Full Version : to all the fathers

MRS FLYIN VEE
06-18-2004, 01:05 PM
Just thought I would wish all the fathers out there headin out of town a happy early fathers day.. stay safe and have a great fathers day with the ones you love.. ;) ;)

lovemyultra
06-18-2004, 01:16 PM
thank you very much you guys stay safe as well

Debbolas
06-18-2004, 01:16 PM
Happy Fathers Day to YOU Happy Fathers Day to YOU!! Happy Fathers Day to all the Fathers!!!! Happy Fathers Day to you!!!!

dmontzsta
06-18-2004, 01:17 PM
Thank you! :)

Tom Brown
Nice thread. :)
It makes me wish I had taken responsibility for all the women I've knocked up.

riverbound
Thank you:D

dmontzsta
06-18-2004, 01:19 PM
Originally posted by Tom Brown
Nice thread. :)
It makes me wish I had taken responsibility for all the women I've knocked up.
its not too late Tom. :)

Ntwotrance
06-18-2004, 01:51 PM
thanks Mrs. FV

MRS FLYIN VEE
06-18-2004, 01:52 PM
your all very welcome..;)

summerlove
06-18-2004, 01:55 PM
very kind of you, thanks!
Don't take this wrong, but my wife was supposed to fly to Detroit tomorrow on business. Her trip got cancelled at the last minute and now she's gonna be home. I was kinda hoping to spend the day with the kids and be a kid again with them....oh well, :D I guess I'll have to sneak out of the house sunday morning with the kids and go to the Del Mar Fair or something.....;)
(Actually, I'm glad she'll be home)

Flyinbowtie
06-18-2004, 01:58 PM
Thanks Mrs. V.
Gettin' on the water tomorrow, and my son will be home on leave in three weeks. Don't get much better than that.

MRS FLYIN VEE
06-18-2004, 01:59 PM
very cool.. I hope you all enjoy your time..
even the single mom's out there who have to be both.. enjoy the day with the kids.. ;)

MsDrmr
06-18-2004, 02:00 PM
and those who are fathers to be.....:) :D ;)

MRS FLYIN VEE
06-18-2004, 02:01 PM
Originally posted by mrsdrmr
and those who are fathers to be.....:) :D ;)
yes.. didn't think of that.. do I not know something.. who is expecting..;)

Flyinbowtie
06-18-2004, 02:08 PM
Hey Mrs. V...
I'm gonna shoot some photos of our northstate lake tomorrow, can I send 'em to ya Sunday night to post on RRL? Hopefully soome waterfalls and such, if they are still flowin'
I don't have the computer smarts to do it myself:confused:)

MRS FLYIN VEE
06-18-2004, 02:10 PM
Originally posted by Flyinbowtie
Hey Mrs. V...
I'm gonna shoot some photos of our northstate lake tomorrow, can I send 'em to ya Sunday night to post on RRL? Hopefully soome waterfalls and such, if they are still flowin'
I don't have the computer smarts to do it myself:confused:)
sure you can..
do you want my e-mail..;)

Flyinbowtie
06-18-2004, 02:12 PM
Please,
send it to the one listed in my contact here, I'll send you my mine back so you'll know who the hell I am
Thank You.

MRS FLYIN VEE
06-18-2004, 02:14 PM
okie dokie.. ;)

RiverToysJas
06-18-2004, 02:23 PM
Originally posted by MRS FLYIN VEE
Just thought I would wish all the fathers out there headin out of town a happy early fathers day.. stay safe and have a great fathers day with the ones you love.. ;) ;)
Well thank you very much! This is what I got last year...
http://www.rivertoys.com/images/fun_images/fathersday.jpg
RTJas :D

MRS FLYIN VEE
06-18-2004, 02:24 PM
how sweet.. that is what they call priceless.. ;)

beached 1
06-18-2004, 02:35 PM
This one's gonna suck for me. My dad passed away this year and today's his B-day.
But I've got a lot to be greatful for. They'll find a way to make me smile. They always do..
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/1221Roni_Mickey.JPG
Happy fathers day

MRS FLYIN VEE
06-18-2004, 02:37 PM
I'm sorry about your father.. but I'm sure he is still watching over you and the babies.. he is always with you.. maybe not physically but he is there..
you have beautiful kids and they have a great father because you yourself have been raised by a great one too. hang in there.. ;)

MAINEVENT
06-18-2004, 02:51 PM
Your a sweetheart thank you :D

MRS FLYIN VEE
06-18-2004, 02:54 PM
Originally posted by MAINEVENT
Your a sweetheart thank you :D
well thank you and so are you.. ;)

Kim Hanson
06-18-2004, 02:57 PM
Thanks for the thought but, I have to work all weekend :yuk: :D ............( . )( . )......;)

Mrs. Bordsmnj
06-18-2004, 02:58 PM
Am I a bad kid cuz I am going to the river instead of hanging out with my dad? If it matters, he will be all the way in Borrego Springs and we are having him over for dinner next week. I not completely selfish, right??:confused: :confused:

welk2party
06-18-2004, 03:06 PM
You could never be selfish Mrs Bordsmnj! You guys are the best. Have fun this weekend. Hopefully I can get out to the lake soon. Also, hope we can put together a trip with you and the MR.

Debbolas
06-18-2004, 03:12 PM
Originally posted by Mrs. Bordsmnj
Am I a bad kid cuz I am going to the river instead of hanging out with my dad? If it matters, he will be all the way in Borrego Springs and we are having him over for dinner next week. I not completely selfish, right??:confused: :confused:
I would go to the river this weekend if I could.
(can I come with you)
LOL:D
I think next week is fine.;)

Mrs. Bordsmnj
06-18-2004, 03:20 PM
Thanks for easing my guilt!
This is whats great about the forums, y'all got my back!!
:cool:
Oh yeah, Happy Father's Day to all you papa's out there. :D

Debbolas
06-18-2004, 03:22 PM
Thanks for easing my guilt!
This is whats great about the forums, y'all got my back!!
:cool:
I got your back, but I will never be satisfied with my backing the trailer down technique until you witness and critique it!!!LOL:D

Mrs. Bordsmnj
06-18-2004, 03:26 PM
LOL!!!
The true test is Park Moabi with the curbs!
:p

Debbolas
06-18-2004, 03:28 PM
LOL!!!
The true test is Park Moabi with the curbs!
:p
I agree!!!
(why did they do that?)
We are launching there next Sunday, so that will be my test!!;)

mtndewdrops
06-18-2004, 06:33 PM
Since you like pictures, here are my girls.
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/5503_girls_sedona.jpg

Debbolas
06-18-2004, 06:34 PM
What little sweet hearts!
:D
What are their ages?

mtndewdrops
06-18-2004, 06:39 PM
Thanks Deb,
They are growing up so fast...2 in middle school and my baby just finished 2nd grade.:(
Oh, ages now are 13, 11, and 8. This picture was taken a couple of years back.

Debbolas
06-18-2004, 06:49 PM
Well keep your eye on them.
My son is going away for a week of camp that will "Make him a man!" (Boy Scouts) :D (Buckskin)
My middle daughter has all the attitude of a 16 year old at the ripe old age of 14......;)
My oldest is 17, driving, going away to debate camp for a month, has a boyfriend, and is looking at colleges (the farther away from home the better):(
Time Flys...................Put your little one on you lap and watch "Finding Nemo" with her before it is too late.....:D

Jrocket
06-18-2004, 07:03 PM
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/6710Junk_068.jpg http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/6710Junk_069.jpg
This is what the wife got me.Good woman,horrible cook though!:D

LUVNLIFE
06-18-2004, 07:11 PM
Originally posted by mtndewdrops
Since you like pictures, here are my girls.
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/5503_girls_sedona.jpg
Is this picture taken in Sedona by any chance.

HighRoller
06-18-2004, 08:57 PM
My pops is winding his way up towards Alaska in the 5th wheel right now and I'm PISSED! No, not about missing father's day. They're spending my inheritance way too fast! A Panama Canal Cruise last year and now this? We need to have a talk, DAD!:D
All kidding aside I love my Dad. I'll call him sunday and tell him so. Anyone know the area code for Bum****,Alaska?

Debbolas
06-18-2004, 09:00 PM
Highroller, you are a truck driver, right?
Can you answer a question for me?
I drove my RV to Lake Mead this past weekend and NONE of the truckers flashed their lights to let me know I could move back into their lane?
What is up with that?
I always flash my lights for them and get out of their way....

dmontzsta
06-18-2004, 09:01 PM
Originally posted by Debbolas
Highroller, you are a truck driver, right?
Can you answer a question for me?
I drove my RV to Lake Mead this past weekend and NONE of the truckers flashed their lights to let me know I could move back into their lane?
What is up with that?
I always flash my lights for them and get out of their way....
I am not sure why, my dad was a trucker for 28 years and always flashed his lights for any RV.

Debbolas
06-18-2004, 09:11 PM
All the other times I have driven it, they have. They were even
"happy" to see a gal driving an RV. These were a bunch of grumpy rat bastards this weekend. Maybe the price of gas....?
I can look out my back bedroom window, but it is awkward and I have to turn away from the freeway for a moment.
:confused:

HighRoller
06-18-2004, 09:12 PM
Well, these days the "truckers" are not as nice as they used to be. Half of them are fresh out of school and the other half are veteran owner operators who won't do anything for anybody who isn't driving a big truck. It's gotten to be "us versus them" with truck drivers because people in cars generally no consideration for trucks at all. If you drive an RV you should definitely have a CB radio in it. Talk to the guys a bit. When one passes them, key up and tell them to bring it over. After a while, the guys in front of you will hear you coming and either flash you or tell you on the radio to bring it over. Oh, one thing though....you might wanna have the better half do the talking. If truckers hear a woman on the radio, it's like throwing fresh meat to the lions. Then again, hearing someone ask"where you at Baby doll?"?" might boost your self esteem!!

FMluvswater
06-18-2004, 09:13 PM
Happy Father's Day to all the ***boat daddies! :) Hope you all have a wonderful day. :)

Debbolas
06-18-2004, 09:19 PM
Originally posted by HighRoller
Well, these days the "truckers" are not as nice as they used to be. Half of them are fresh out of school and the other half are veteran owner operators who won't do anything for anybody who isn't driving a big truck. It's gotten to be "us versus them" with truck drivers because people in cars generally no consideration for trucks at all. If you drive an RV you should definitely have a CB radio in it. Talk to the guys a bit. When one passes them, key up and tell them to bring it over. After a while, the guys in front of you will hear you coming and either flash you or tell you on the radio to bring it over. Oh, one thing though....you might wanna have the better half do the talking. If truckers hear a woman on the radio, it's like throwing fresh meat to the lions. Then again, hearing someone ask"where you at Baby doll?"?" might boost your self esteem!!
I flash my lights to let them over....How do I know what channel they are on? Why do think I need my self estem boosted?!?

HighRoller
06-18-2004, 09:23 PM
I was kidding!!!!!!If you heard these turds trying to talk to you it would be like comic relief. Within 2 minutes they will ask you where you're at, what you're drivin, what you look like, if you're drivin alone, and if you wanna stop for coffee. Normally CH19 is the trucker channel.

Debbolas
06-18-2004, 09:25 PM
Ok, channel 19, got it!
The first time I drove our RV, I had Truckers, Freaking out!
They were waving stuffed monkeys at me (WTF does that mean?)
The whole driving experience was different because of the truckers.....not being the truckers I was use too.....;)
No biggie, I can drive it either way....:D

HighRoller
06-18-2004, 09:45 PM
I'll give you the crash course on driving around trucks. Don't tailgate, that pisses them off. When you think you're far enough ahead to get back in the right lane, wait another 10 seconds. Truckers don't like being cut off. When someone, ANYONE, is on the shoulder, get in the left lane. If someone flashes you over, turn on your flashers for a couple blinks to thank them as you merge right. If a big truck is getting on the on ramp, move over. If you get on the freeway and a big truck moves over to let you in the right lane, flash them over and let them pass you and get back in the right lane then get in the left lane and pass. Nothing shows more disrespect than when you let a person get on the road and they pass you on the right because they are impatient. Finally, if you EVER see a big truck in the right lane turn on his left signal while you are behind him at a reasonable distance, slow down and let him out. Trucks take a long time to get back up to speed. People always complain about being "cut off" by a truck, but that was because they tried to race around a truck that needed to get over. You can accelerate a lot faster than a truck so let them keep their momentum up. When they turn on their signal it's probably because they NEED to get over! Nothing is more frustrating than having a slow vehicle or cop on the shoulder in front of you and none of the cars will let you out. In that situation, I WILL cut people off if safety is a factor.

C-2
06-18-2004, 10:28 PM
Here’s our little 15mo. old sweetie. We waited 16 years for this little thing to come along.
She came home yesterday with this fathers day pic/magnet from preschool. Cowboy hat, shirt and tie…this pic is now the most valuable possession in my house.
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/1132fathersday-med.jpg
Happy Fathers Day!
Godspeed to those fathers watching over us from above.

HighRoller
06-18-2004, 10:43 PM
Happy Father's Day to my Grandpa on my dad's side. I never knew him. He sounded like a real hardass, but I know that was just because he loved his kids and wanted the best for them. He was a truck driver from way back, and I often wonder if he'd be proud of me for following in his footsteps...or if he'd call me a pansy because I have power steering and air conditioning!!

HighRoller
06-19-2004, 01:55 AM
You're a real class act Jordy. You know why I said "was" in my post? Because he's dead. But I guess that doesn't matter to you, you sick piece of trash. I really hope you never run into me at the river because it won't be a pleasant experience for either of us.

HighRoller
06-19-2004, 02:07 AM
No, I draw the line at things like dead relatives. And what's with the obsession about people making you drinks? Can you not read labels? Or count? I'm not worried about ever running into you at the river since I doubt you could read a map well enough to get there.

Jrocket
06-19-2004, 06:38 AM
A lady starts a thread to thank all the fathers on their day and you two start this crap in here?Just like the other threads,take it somewhere else.

mbrown2
06-19-2004, 06:55 AM
Happy Father's Day to my late Dad.....its been 11 years since he has been gone.....and every time I still go to the river I miss him and think about him...
He taught us this great boating life from an early age and how to respect the river and the people on it....we lost him when he was only 51 and he still wanted to do lots in his life like buy the lake house he never pulled the trigger on but had the means....Once he passed, I made a committment to pick up where he left off...Get a place there, my brother got a place there, and now my sister has a place there, and the family spends more time on the water together than ever...and that is just the way he would have wanted....I know he is there whether we are making a speed run or taking advantage of a float, and he is tossin one back with the rest of us...
;)

JetBoatRich
06-19-2004, 07:07 AM
Thank you:D
And frm the looks of your new boat, your husband will have a awesome Fathers Day:D

JetBoatRich
06-19-2004, 07:09 AM
Originally posted by Jrocket
A lady starts a thread to thank all the fathers on their day and you two start this crap in here?Just like the other threads,take it somewhere else.
That is exactly what I was thinking, they both should go back and delete there stupid post and take it some where else:yuk:

mtndewdrops
06-19-2004, 09:43 AM
Originally posted by LUVNLIFE
Is this picture taken in Sedona by any chance.
You're absolutely correct. Our Spring Break Trip a couple of years ago.