PDA

View Full Version : Need input on flooring

truksnboats
06-18-2004, 02:16 PM
ok guys I am building a stage with a stripper pole in the garage and I am not sure what to use for the floor. I was thinking of black and white checker but im not sure. What do you guys think?

MRS FLYIN VEE
06-18-2004, 02:20 PM
Originally posted by truksnboats
ok guys I am building a stage with a stripper pole in the garage and I am not sure what to use for the floor. I was thinking of black and white checker but im not sure. What do you guys think?
I say a mirror.. LOL!!
I would think it would be fine.. but hard wood would be nice too.;)

truksnboats
06-18-2004, 02:23 PM
I thought of that too, but It will be to slick if we do a wet t-shirt contest and it might break. I was thinking maybe plexiglass with a neon light under neath

MRS FLYIN VEE
06-18-2004, 02:25 PM
I thought of that too, but It will be to slick if we do a wet t-shirt contest and it might break. I was thinking maybe plexiglass with a neon light under neath
that would be cool.. but I think that would be slippery too wouldn't it.. maybe leave it concrete and paint it.. :D ;)

truksnboats
06-18-2004, 02:29 PM
the stage is about 16" above the garage floor. I framed in with 2x4's and I am gonna sheet it with 3/4 " plywood I think. I need to find something to put on top of the plywood.

MRS FLYIN VEE
06-18-2004, 02:30 PM
the stage is about 16" above the garage floor. I framed in with 2x4's and I am gonna sheet it with 3/4 " plywood I think. I need to find something to put on top of the plywood.
oh o.k I miss under stood.. hmmmm wouldn't linolium be o.k like you said in the 12x12 squares.. ;)

truksnboats
06-18-2004, 02:35 PM
yeah i guess Im gonna do the back and white checkered, I figured someone in here with fast strip club knowledge would think of something really cool and original, but i guess not

MRS FLYIN VEE
06-18-2004, 02:39 PM
yeah i guess Im gonna do the back and white checkered, I figured someone in here with fast strip club knowledge would think of something really cool and original, but i guess not
sorry I don't know too much about them.. but the ones I have seen have been hard wood and stuff like that.;)

Ntwotrance
06-18-2004, 02:42 PM
well, first off, I'd put a tub of whipped cream at the base of the poll, on the outside of it, definately some sort of checkered pattern

Ntwotrance
06-18-2004, 02:44 PM
wrap some mirrors around that as well....

harleypauls
06-18-2004, 02:51 PM
If it were me, and I was doing it myself, I would do everything I could to come up with a way to use mirrors everywhere. Have the plexiglass permanent, and when there is a "wet t-shirt" contest, put down those foam/rubber puzzle squares for traction. Then when the contest is over, remove the squares and dry off the plexiglass. Paul

welk2party
06-18-2004, 02:59 PM
You floor me!:D

sigepmock
06-18-2004, 03:01 PM
When we build the one for my buddies boat we used really plush red velvety carpet. Just my .02
Chris

MagicMtnDan
06-18-2004, 03:02 PM
Don't forget the stripper cam (beaver cam)! :D :cool:
Whatever you do make sure you put at least one camera in the floor - we gotta get the "beaver-eye view" of things :p

Mandelon
06-18-2004, 05:47 PM
I'd stay away from the black and white. Especially if you will be doing video or pictures. The pattern will appear too busy and the white may give you glare issues, especially with mirrors around. The white will probably get dirty as well, if you are encouraging amateurs to get up there, they will want it clean.......
I'd go to a flooring store, not Homo Depot or a big box store and order up a piece of nice sheet vinyl, or similar product. They have demo books and samples of some stuff that will surprise you. Imprinted diamond plate, in tons of colors. Stay with dark colors though, dark red or black. But with a matte finish, for non skid as well as less glare from lights for pictures. Ask for commercial products, like for restaurants and retail stores. They will be much more durable. Since you aren't buying much, the fact that they cost more should not be much of a big deal.
Think even about the carpet they have in strip clubs, it can be ordered.
Worst case, just stain the plywood black or a mahagony color ........a couple coats of a clear sealer will keep it from getting chipped up so easily.
Let me know when its ready......I still have some whipped cream. :D

mickeyfinn
06-18-2004, 06:34 PM
Sounds like everyone likes the mirror idea just concerned about them possibly breaking. The easiest solution is to make the floor with mirrors and then use clear plexiglass on top of the mirrors. You can then buy the real thin mylar like is used on nascar windshields in sheets and cover the plexiglass. As it starts to get dirty or scratch you just peel the mylar up(comes up really easy) and put fresh down. The mylar keeps the plexiglass in good shape and the mirrors give you the view of the taco stand you want.

THATJEFFGUY
06-20-2004, 01:45 PM
polished diamondplate !!

dmontzsta
06-20-2004, 01:55 PM
polished diamond plate would be sweet. as long as it is highly polished.

Bense468
06-20-2004, 04:02 PM
Go with those glass blocks. Travis. They have ones that look like Ice. Then lay down some airbrushing underneath them with a red and blue bulb. It could look like fire and ice. Would be sick.

ahhell
06-20-2004, 04:09 PM
Originally posted by THATJEFFGUY
polished diamondplate !!
I second this!!!! manly yet ....reflective;)

truksnboats
06-21-2004, 11:44 AM
Great Ideas guys, the stage is in the corner and the walls will have mirrors, Gonna go pick up the 12' brass pole this week. I will put of some pics when its done. Thanks for all your input. Bense, I like your idea.

Bense468
06-21-2004, 12:01 PM
Hit me up and I will help you out with it. Is this in Glendora or your river pad at Blythe?