PDA

View Full Version : More San Diego Nostalgia

Moe_Havi
06-18-2004, 02:40 PM
Talking about rent prices back in the day in SD got to thinking how great that place was to live in the 70's and 80's. It sounds wierd but it is true. Back then, bangers, gangsters and other assorted dirtbags from East SD, Southest SD, N-City etc just didn't go to the beach. The beach was like 20 miles away and they never came down. It was like Surf City for chris sakes. After moving out in the late 80's from my South Mission neighborhood and then coming back in the early 90's, there's graffiti all over the sea walls, the parking lot at the end if south Mission is all full of bangers, police have to lock up the lots at ten. Hell, the only bad element around when we lived there were every bum from Bayonne NJ to Houston would get on the freeway and head west, get on the 8, keep going till they hit water. That was OB and MB, opened the car door, it was 80 out, thought they died and went to heaven, rolled out the napsack and half of them are still there now. What fun days they were.
Moe

summerlove
06-18-2004, 02:50 PM
100% correct! It has changed alot, but it's still 10000% better than L.A.!

spectras only
06-18-2004, 02:57 PM
Originally posted by summerlove
It has changed alot, but it's still 10000% better than L.A.! , good to hear;) . I'm heading down in late July . Last time I was in SD was in 1978 :eek: .

summerlove
06-18-2004, 03:23 PM
Originally posted by spectras only
Originally posted by summerlove
It has changed alot, but it's still 10000% better than L.A.! , good to hear;) . I'm heading down in late July . Last time I was in SD was in 1978 :eek: .
where are you going to be?

cdog
06-18-2004, 03:36 PM
Your right! But SD still rocks. I wish I would have moved there instead of OC. It seams SD has still retained alot more of it's surf culture than OC and the South Bay( LA). I grew up in OC and my god it's changed. At least in SD you can still go and see bands, hang out and party in MB & OB. Nothing to do hear but go to the spectrum or risk a dui driving home from main st. in HB. I like San Clemente. I think i'll move there eventualy. It has that laid back feel of old SD & OC.

spectras only
06-18-2004, 03:46 PM
summerlove , my wife's relatives live in Poway. Will stay at the Holiday inn, rancho Bernardo .

summerlove
06-18-2004, 03:49 PM
Originally posted by spectras only
summerlove , my wife's relatives live in Poway. Will stay at the Holiday inn, rancho Bernardo .
used to work in Poway, nice little town. Ring us up (or PM) before you head to SD....maybe we'll get you out in a real boat - a campbell! hehehe.....

spectras only
06-18-2004, 03:59 PM
Thanks for the offer. Never been in a flatbottomed 24 Campbell;) . Will be interesting to feel how it compares to the spectra:cool: .Will be in SD on july 26th. Will have relatives coming from england and maybe aussie land too, hence the stay in the hotel. Too many limeys for the relatives to handle in one house:D

Mandelon
06-18-2004, 04:06 PM
Once they built the basketball courts it went down hill......
Now the P.O.S. gangbangers come and shoot the locals over bicycles....:( :mad: