PDA

View Full Version : place diverter advice please.

signmaster
06-18-2004, 07:52 PM
Im about to order a diverter from cp for my 79 18' sw spectra wich one do I want the ajustable nozzle or the regular type also would this hull benifit from a droop snoot ?I want to order the hydralic kit but it doesnt appear to have the ajdustable nozzle option , only with manual.:confused:

victorfb
06-18-2004, 08:06 PM
i have no experience backing this up, but what ive heard is that the adjustable nozzle will basically only benefit the hard core racer, were fractions of seconds count big time. it does look cool having the anodized nozzle in there, but i wouldnt spend extra money just for that. as for the diverter being differant between the hydrolic and manual, the only thing i thought was differant is the mounting arm. i could be wrong. most likely. :p

Ken F
06-18-2004, 09:14 PM
Just a suggestion, why not look at an Agressor divirter? They are a llittle less money, and come with the inserts. I've owned both, and like the Agressor much better personally. If you look at the inside of the two side by side, the Agressor looks like it is a smoother bore(less restriction), and shoots a Bigger rooster too!
Ken F

signmaster
06-19-2004, 10:21 AM
who sells agresser so far all ive seen is the place Ive heard of some of the other brands but wasnt sure where to shop? so far Ive been to rex ,cp and eddie marine. is agresser any faster , I need more speed.:D

riverbound
06-19-2004, 10:51 AM
The Spectra 18' is by no means a speed demon and most likely you have an "e" pump. I put the hydraulic diverter on mine because there are no stringers in these boats for the stringer mount. You can get the floor mount but then it will be mounted right in the middle in the way.

signmaster
06-19-2004, 12:01 PM
the pump is a berkely jg so far Im seeing speeds about 80 -82 @5600 rpm with no pump mods as of yet im hoping that with a loader, diverter & cavitation reducer ill see :confused: low 90's :confused: :confused:if thats not possible Ill move everything to a tunnel, Ive been bitten by the bug theres no stoppin me now!!!

Taylorman
06-19-2004, 01:27 PM
Originally posted by signmaster
who sells agresser so far all ive seen is the place Ive heard of some of the other brands but wasnt sure where to shop? so far Ive been to rex ,cp and eddie marine. is agresser any faster , I need more speed.:D
Call Dwayne at Hi Tech Performance. The American Turbine is also a nice diverter. CP sucks. Buy from Dwayne or Rex Marine cause they give advise on these boards and have much better service than CP. The aggressor and American turbine come standard with rudder and nozzle insert, its extra on the place diverter.
www.hi-techperformance.com
The hydraulic and manual diverters are the same, you just add the hydraulic kit if you want it.

signmaster
06-20-2004, 04:42 PM
thanks guys once again you've been alot of help:wink:

Rexone
06-20-2004, 06:46 PM
Signmaster, the Hydraulic diverter can be purchased with the FTN nozzle. You simply purchase the FTN diverter and a Hydraulic Kit. If you have an E pump be sure to specify as it's a different diverter than the standard Berks.
Jumping for 80 to low 90's with the mods you mention I think's a stretch unless you add some HP. That is assuming your pump is in good condition now and not worn out. You can get a few MPH out of these options but 10+ would be a rare case IMO.
We can also get any of the diverters mentioned even though not on our website at this time. Just call Bob here for more info if interested.

napabob
06-21-2004, 03:32 PM
Originally posted by manuel
I would NOT buy anything from CP,
I also had a disappointing episode with Rick Bourns of C. P. Performance. I purchased a new marine Holley 750 CFM and while installing the dual rigid fuel lines, I discovered that one of the inlets was missing the fuel filter, fuel filter gasket, and filter retaining spring. Instead of calling the company that supplied the carburetor and requesting the missing parts, he (Rick) wanted to sell me the parts and asked me to wait for two weeks.
This type of customer support will make me think twice about purchasing something from C. P. Performance (other items purchased: Place diverter stringer mounted manual control, diverter control cable, and small polished rudder – all in the same month).
I e-mailed carburetor@holley.com and received a timely response from a gentleman named Ray requesting a delivery address to send me the missing parts. It was something I was sure to expect from a reputable company after explaining my dilemma to them about one of their distributors.
Prior to doing business with C. P. Performance, I forwarded another thread regarding ‘customer service’ woes experience by other purchasers. Rick’s response was:
‘As you know there are always two sides to any story’. I had to give him the benefit of a doubt. Now, I am very doubtful that I will do business with them without being very careful.

signmaster
06-22-2004, 07:48 PM
I ended up going with rex they had the best deal at the moment 625.00 $ for the kit.

ChetCapoli
06-22-2004, 08:41 PM
I ended up going with rex they had the best deal at the moment 625.00 $ for the kit.
What moment is that? Cp has them for $575.00 for the kit and that is the cheapest around bar none. Then again for a few bucks more you can get the hydraulic FTN last i knew. You must get the ***boat online rex information manual for that extra fifty they charge or something.:confused:
CHET

miller19j
06-23-2004, 07:38 AM
Originally posted by ChetCapoli
What moment is that? Cp has them for $575.00 for the kit and that is the cheapest around bar none. Then again for a few bucks more you can get the hydraulic FTN last i knew. You must get the ***boat online rex information manual for that extra fifty they charge or something.:confused:
CHET
From Rex Website:
"Price Match Policy on Place Diverters - New for 2003
We will match any competitors advertised price on Place Diverters with the
exception of Place Diverter dealers of Rex Marine. Price must be in print or on
competitors website and must be for new Place product (not used). Simply call our
order department for details or with questions."
Chet you are a complete Tool! Get your facts straight.
Oh and I just bought my Diverter from Rex and I priced Rex and CP for all the stuff I was buying it was a $10 difference (and I am sure Mike would have matched CP’s price if I had asked). So quit complaining about how expensive Rex is!
Face is Rex has outstanding service, quick delivery, and Mike spends a lot of time on these boards helping people and answering their questions. Yes I am a Rex supporter and I can see no reason to go anywhere else.

Taylorman
06-23-2004, 07:57 AM
Originally posted by ChetCapoli
Cp has them for $575.00 for the kit and that is the cheapest around bar none.
Please show us where you saw a hyd place for $575. Inquiring mind want to know. I just looked on CP websight and the hyd place kit is 700 or 750 for the e pump.
Rex is the same price but their service is much better. Rex gets my vote anyday.

cave
06-23-2004, 05:24 PM
I guess I got lucky with CP. Ive purchased from both CP & Rex and like both of thier service. I did however get a catalog from CP.
I wish Rex marine's web site was more complete. I would shop more with them. The little stuff I seam to need that no one local carries always is missing from the Rex site. Its in the catalog but not on the site. I also like the fact the Rex One post here. Good networking.
cave

MudPumper
06-23-2004, 05:58 PM
I ordered some stuff from CP and it took 3 weeks to get here. I have ordered a ton of stuff from Rex and it has never taken longer than 3 days unless it was a backorderd item and even then I got it within 5. I called rex to order a driveline guard two weeks ago and spoke with a woman (cant remember her name) she said the item was back ordered but she would check with the guy who makes the part and call me back within 30min. She called back after about 15 min and said she talked to the guy and he knew where there were some in the warehouse even though the computer listed them backordered because they were out of the flanges. Anyway it showed up at my house 2 days later. I don't care if CP has cheaper prices, the customer service and quick delivery time is worth every penny in my eyes. Just my .02

ChetCapoli
06-23-2004, 09:23 PM
Originally posted by miller19j
From Rex Website:
"Price Match Policy on Place Diverters - New for 2003
We will match any competitors advertised price on Place Diverters with the
exception of Place Diverter dealers of Rex Marine. Price must be in print or on
competitors website and must be for new Place product (not used). Simply call our
order department for details or with questions."
Chet you are a complete Tool! Get your facts straight.
FACTS??? Maybe you should get the facts about how CP is cheaper on diverters than rex?? He just said he paid 625.00 for his kit...open your eyes! Did he state hydraulic???NO! Get your head out of your wazoo will ya cheerleader!
Where is an "E" pump stated taylorman??? NOWHERE! You wouldnt know a deal if it hit you in the head! Kinda like spending 200 bucks to put your steering up top...WOW is all i gotta say. :confused:
Funny how you have to mention it to get the deal....they just dont honor it knowing full well what CP prices them at. Kinda like saying "well guys if you dont know to shop around we might as well take your money" duh!! Keep spending your money fella's...just keep spending! Keeps the guys in the big fat chairs coming here and offering advice for "free" :D
CHET

Rexone
06-24-2004, 02:06 AM
Chet you continue to amaze me with your ignorance of marine product profit margins and the inaccuracies of your pricing assessments. It is common knowledge in our industry that Place Diverter is used as a very low profit leader item over the past decade. I can't think of one other product in it's price range that any supplier makes less money per dollar invested than Place Diverter. Place Diverter is a joke from the standpoint of making money. The pricing is bounced around like a rubber ball which is the reason for our price match offer on it. So your implication that myself or any other supplier is getting rich on Place Diverter sales is ludicrous as are most other assumptions and implications you make about me. If I wanted to be rich I definately would not have chosen the marine parts industry as a career. I'd have been a vending machine tech or a lawyer.
You accuse others of cheerleading. You're the head cheerleader of the group.
As far as your implication that I offer advice on these and other forums and charge absorbent prices to offset it, you are completely off target and inaccurate. I come here because I enjoy helping people. The majority of my posting is either communicating with others here that I consider friends or offering advice a large part of which has nothing to do with selling my own products. But you will never understand that concept, with you everything's about the almighty buck and spending a dime looking to save a penny.
As always though Chet your posts are great entertainment.

miller19j
06-24-2004, 09:00 AM
Hmmmm….. I just went online to Rex and CP to price diverters. This is the current pricing for a Diverter and a Hydraulic Place Kit.
Rex $387.95 + $311.89 (diverter + kit) CP $699.99 (kit price)
Rex $699.84
CP $699.99
Give me an “R” Give me an “E” Give me an “X” Rah….Rah….Rah…… :D

signmaster
06-25-2004, 07:41 PM
cp performance came out to about 699.00 , my total bill at rex with packing glands added on came to 678.00 they throw in the cable for 20.00 thats including tax , eddie marine came to about 710.00 for the same thing. these prices were for adiverter ,handle and cable hope this helps settle this and thanks again for the help .

LVjetboy
06-26-2004, 01:10 AM
Chet do you drive cross town and wait in line to save a nickel a gallon? Maybe you should consider how short life is, and how your relatives will spend all that money you hoarded once you're gone.
:D
jer

Ken F
06-26-2004, 04:41 AM
Then again maybe you ought to just shoot yourself in the head with a .22 short. They have just enough velocity to penetrate your skull one time, not enough to exit the other side. They just bounce around inside your skull until they run out of velocity. Consider it a money saving measure, since they are the least expensive bullet available.
Ken F

stillgoin
06-26-2004, 11:22 AM
My 2 cents: Last week I ordered two place diverter kits from Rex. As far as I could tell they were the cheapest by far. When I was looking, cp was around $639. I got two from Rex w/ shipping for $1193. Divide by two and you're looking at $596.50 after shipping each. The local guy I go to, who is great, wanted $750.
I must say I was a little disappointed. Shipping was expedient, got here right when they said it would. However, when I ordered I triple checked that everything was included (knew time was short and would be working afterhours)...especially thru transom seal. Was told it was. If that's not typical than that's fine, but got the stuff Fri. after work and was supposed to be at lake Sat morning...Also had to track down two additional hime joints-1 for each set up.
After getting everything I was told was included (from my local guy), it was still less money ($614) than what cp had advertised. Go REX!

signmaster
06-26-2004, 07:47 PM
how come yours were only 596.00 mine came to aout 625.00 do you gret a break for buying more than one or do i have a discount coming:confused:

Squirtin Thunder
06-26-2004, 08:30 PM
The only complaint I have is with Rex Marine. For the last 3 or 4 years I have been requesting a hard copy catolog, about every three months I call and request one. Every flippin time they tell me they will put me on the list, hell they take the time to get my info but I never recieve one. 4 or 5 years ago I gave my catolog to a guy that wanted some hot marine parts and I recomended REX. Hell I can't even get a catolog and price list WTF. PM me and I will give my info again.
Jim

Squirtin Thunder
06-26-2004, 08:41 PM
REX MARINE,
CP Performance sent me a catolog and a price sheet. They also send me a spiecals list once in a while.
I am getting ready to buy some parts real soon !!!
Jim

stillgoin
06-26-2004, 10:59 PM
That's what was on my cc...Maybe they gave me the wrong price, I don't know. But I do know that various pumps are different prices. Maybe that is why.

ChetCapoli
06-27-2004, 07:23 PM
cp performance came out to about 699.00 , my total bill at rex with packing glands added on came to 678.00 they throw in the cable for 20.00 thats including tax , eddie marine came to about 710.00 for the same thing. these prices were for adiverter ,handle and cable hope this helps settle this and thanks again for the help .
Man i've never seen so many numbers all over the board with such uncertainty! So what number is the right one here fella's???
Like i told you before he's talking about a manual kit.....where on the CP site does it say anything but 575.99??? I cant get to the rex site right now but i'm going to be AMAZED if they are beating old CP by PENNIES on the dollar??? Looks like old mike smartened up and gave into the "chet pick your price at the swap meet mentality" eh???
Yes i do cross town to save five cents on a gallon of gas...then again if i lived near you luxurious...all i'd need to do is follow you around and pick up your excesses!! LMAO!
Hey KenF....keep spending that BIG MONEY on your new boat and i'll just be jealous ok??? NOT!:D I'd keep a .22 around for yourself there pal! You got LV beat for sure and you dont even have a motor! a REAL one i mean.
CHET