PDA

View Full Version : Eliminator Daytona....some questions about a purchase

aqwik69
06-18-2004, 08:38 PM
Hi all, I am greatful to become a member of this forum. I am getting ready to possibly purchase a boat and would like some input from the pro's (you guys). The boat is a 1984 Eliminator Daytona 21' with a fresh (almost 0 hrs) Mark IV BBC 4 bolt, Arias blower pistons, forged crank, rods, ARP fasteners throughout. Merlin Iron heads, and a 6-71 BDS Blower. The jet is a Berkeley 12JG completely reworked by Jack McClure @ Marine Performance Designs to Stage 3 race prep including high strength AQ shaft and Legend SS "A" impeller. The boat is supposedly running 85+mph and I was wondering if this sounds like the correct number (or thereabouts) for such a package. I have been told by a few freinds (including a member here) that the hull is capable of handling speeds well in excess of 100+mph, possibly even up to 120mph. I do not know much about Jet Drive boats, or hull designs, or what is better than what. I DO know however, that I would like to buy a fairly fast boat, and I also know that people tend to make up MPH numbers just because a boat FEELS fast. Anyway, I will quit rambling on, I just need to know if I am making a good buy. Asking price is $14K
Here is the boat in question.....
http://www.twinturbocharger.com/daytona1.jpg
http://www.twinturbocharger.com/daytona2.jpg
http://www.twinturbocharger.com/daytona4.jpg
http://www.twinturbocharger.com/daytona3.jpg

manuel
06-18-2004, 08:48 PM
Welcome aboard! excellent first post,

HammerDown
06-19-2004, 02:55 AM
If you have the cash................BUY IT NOW as these things are hard to find!
I have a 21' 1983 Daytona. Excellent hull and probably one of the best Jet Boat Hulls to own, Very well built Boat. The Eliminator Daytona is a very big name in the boating industry.
Everything sounds good in your post, the boat looks clean and on the money.
You'll love it.:cool:

sanger rat
06-19-2004, 05:59 AM
A little more info on it here. http://www.banderlog.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?t=5 I would buy that in a heartbeat.

TIMINATOR
06-19-2004, 06:52 AM
A quick observation of your intended purchase. A nice boat! But keep in mind that there are several ways to set up a boat. You can go for "THE LOOK" (blower,and all the cool stuff) and get yer ass handed to you by someone who has a boat "without the look" but a well reserched setup. This will make you feel bad and give the non-blower guys somthing to laugh at. The solution for that is to drive around and look cool and don't race, but the word will soon be out. Or go for the setup and not the look and get picked on by every kid with Bassetts and a tunnelram. Thats where I am now. Or my next solution, since it runs well I just have to get "the look"(the Crower injection). You've got "the look"now make it run! Make us proud! Daytonas love HP! The more you give them the happier they are! 100 mph in a normally aspirated 21 Daytona is pretty easy with the proper setup, the blower deal should run 110+ easily. DON'T BE SCARED!!! TAKE NO OFFENSE AT THIS POST!!! HAVE A SENSE OF HUMOR!!! BUT BE FAST!!! PM me if you have any questions about the setup. P.S, I ran an 8-71 on mine for a short while, and still have it, but I like the carb deal better, easier on the gas mileage! TIMINATOR :D

aqwik69
06-19-2004, 07:24 AM
Thanks for the replies! I would not take offence to kind encouragement and helpful tips!!
Being that this will be my first boat (have driven many, including my dads mopar powered v-drive) I will be taking easy in the begining anyway. From what everyone is telling me, I am confident that this boat is everything I am looking for, and will except any future upgrades I may make with ease. I may be jumping the gun a bit, and I sure hope the boat is around when I can purchase. I am in the process of selling a house so I can not purchase until the escrow closes in July. He has been selling it for a while, and I have talked with him on the phone, so he knows my situation. I just cant wait to get it LOL:D

Cs19
06-19-2004, 08:42 AM
Buy it..You dont see those everyday in that kind of condition.Even if the set up is all wrong, you can change all that without spending a whoile lot..I would say 85 is a bit off the number it should be at, but its probably just a conservative set up.Was the motor dynoed? and if so, what did it make?
The owner is on some of the jet boat message boards, he is a very knowledgable guy, the kind of seller you look for.

GlastronGuy
06-19-2004, 09:37 PM
That looks like John's boat. Buy it.

Squirtcha?
06-20-2004, 08:31 AM
Yupper that's John (Blown Budget's) boat. I agree with Chris. I'd say it's well worth the asking price.
I've known John from the boards for about five or six years now. He's a straight shooter and if I had the cash, I'd drive up there and get it myself.
Check the prices on blower motors. They're probably close to the asking price for the whole boat.

HavasuDreamin'
06-21-2004, 06:22 AM
Originally posted by cs19
I would say 85 is a bit off the number it should be at, but its probably just a conservative set up.
A superchiller is probably in order right?

bp
06-21-2004, 09:10 AM
that's john's boat all right. i think he has it underpriced, but what would i know???
i bought some parts from him 5+ years ago that are still functional after all that time, plus 2 championships!
if you're in the market for something like that, you won't find a better deal anywhere.