PDA

View Full Version : Mojave...week after 7/4

Umongus
06-18-2004, 08:46 PM
Hi all...
I'm planning to take the boat to Mojave the weekend after the 4th of July weekend. I'm hoping it won't be too busy since it's after the big holiday weekend. Anyone go there after a big weekend and is it very busy? It'll be my first time there and am looking forward to it......
Thanks
Tony M.

Essexive G's
06-18-2004, 10:28 PM
Willow Beach, Cottonwood, or Katherines? I know from experience that you'll be fine at Willow and Cottonwood.
As far as Katherines goes, it doesn't matter if it's one week or ten weeks after a holiday, it's almost the same as a holiday. If you dig on launch ramp drama Katherines is perfect. Pull up a chair.

Mohavekid
06-19-2004, 08:08 AM
We're planning to be at Cottonwood from July 11 to 17.
Look for ther boat in my avatar pic and stop for a beer.

FRENCHIE
06-19-2004, 10:49 AM
should be ok!;)

Umongus
06-19-2004, 06:25 PM
It's Katherines...hope it's not that bad....
I guess I better get there early. Thanks for the replies:)
Tony M.

Mohavekid
06-19-2004, 06:38 PM
Katherine's during the week isn't too bad. Get there before 9 and your'e good to go. It get's busy during lunch time, 10-2. Just remember, you and everyone else is there for a good time, so relax drink a silver or two and it goes a little easier.
You can really save yourself some trouble by renting a slip instead of taking your boat in and out every day.
Put your name on the list when you first arrive, then go back to the Marina store at 1PM for slip call. I've never missed getting a slip, but my boat is only 21' long.
Another option is to launch at Princess Cove. It's about 5 miles up from Katherine's and there are very few people that launch there. The road is dirt, but if you drive slow it's not too bad.
Have fun.

skygod73
06-21-2004, 11:51 AM
Kathrine's was packed on Sat, Cottonwood was nice!