PDA

View Full Version : Boat runs bad when

Splicer
06-19-2004, 01:29 PM
I have a new 350/330 hp motor that I just put in and a new Edelbrock carb 600cfm and at low rpms or when I start to go it cuts out and runs bad untill the motor is around 3500 rpms. Does anybody have any Ideas. Thanks

cheyenne tunnel
06-19-2004, 03:24 PM
Have you checked your float level?
Just a thought

Moneypitt
06-19-2004, 07:14 PM
I doubt if your problem is the carb, or the float level. My first guess would be bad fuel. Did this boat sit a while when you had the motor out? Also, who adjusted the valves? as tight valves may have to much overlap to run well at the lower Rs. What you have to realize is that a marginal tune up WILL seem to run great in the midrange. At the lower RPMs the motor is not crutched by the higher torque you get as the Rs come up, so the problems are more obvious down low, or very high. Those edelbrock units seem to be cool right out of the box, (it was new, right?) Check the ignition system, and the fuel........MP

Squirtin Thunder
06-20-2004, 02:59 PM
Where did you get that carb ???
The reason why I ask is the ones at the big parts store are eather seconds or rebiulds. Everyone I have ever tried has F23ked-up !!! Get the through Jegs Summit or PAW !!!!
If you got it from one of the three I would call them and tell them the carb is junk !!!! Please send me a new one yesturday. As soon as I reciev the new one I will put it in the box and send it back to you. Make sure they send you a UPS call tag too !!!
Jim

Splicer
06-21-2004, 02:48 PM
Thanks Guys I think I got it nailed down to the Igetion. thanks