PDA

View Full Version : 2 questions......

clownpuncher
06-19-2004, 01:49 PM
I'da posted this in Gear Heads, but, I figure there's more traffic here and lot's of ya are pretty freakin talented.
1 - I have an MSD 6M-2 that went south on me last year, so I bought a new one in Havasu. Can I send the old one to MSD and have it repaired? How much, approx? I figure it might be a "river trip saver" to have an extra around.
2 - My sending unit for my starboard fuel tank seems to be wasted. When I turn the key on the needle in the gauge rises to the empty mark, but, I have a full tank. Are sending units a pain to replace (never done one before)? How do you do it?
Thanks in advance
Roland

clownpuncher
06-19-2004, 02:01 PM
Disregard question #1. I checked the MSD website and they do repairs. Up to 85 bucks plus shipping. Think I'm gonna do it.

GlastronGuy
06-19-2004, 02:04 PM
1. I had my 6M sent back, out of warranty and they couldn't repair it because it is epoxied. They gave me another for about $45, IIRC.
Good people.

mickeyfinn
06-19-2004, 06:10 PM
How difficult the sending unit is to replace depends totally on how difficult it is to get to. If you have good access to the sending unit and are able to get the clearance to pull it out then they are not a problem. Just a wire and a couple of small bolts/screws.