dmontzsta
06-19-2004, 04:38 PM
That sucks, whos is it? anyone going to try and bail some water out? :cool:

ahhell
06-19-2004, 04:41 PM
that looks like mine when she's full of oil......bastards:D

Debbolas
06-19-2004, 05:09 PM
That is awful! No one tried to save it. I know it is a Bayliner, but that is someones boat!! You think the marina that owned the slip would do something. They are just going to have to raise it up out of there. There are those straps you put under the boat and raise it up out of the water.
wow...
:(

dmontzsta
06-19-2004, 06:01 PM
time to get a flatty! :D

Keith
06-20-2004, 03:58 AM
The boat was in a gated communinty's marina (where my sister lives). We contacted the homeowner's association who in turn attempted to contact the owners. The owners were not at home, so we contacted the Brazos River folks. They sent 2 boat cops who looked, gathered information and verified that there was fuel and oil in the water. I would think that they would have called someone to raise the boat and bill the owners later. I will give my sister a jingle later today to see if she knows the ending to this nightmare.

dmontzsta
06-20-2004, 08:33 AM
dang

rrrr
06-20-2004, 09:30 AM
I ran across the same thing at Table Rock lake in MO a couple of years ago. We were staying at a timeshare condo on the lake. The boat was gonna sink if something wasn't done.
I got out my manual bilge pump and went to work, it took a good twenty minutes to pump out all the water. In the meantime, my wife went up to the condo office and they found the owners.
Turns out the exhaust bellows had split. The people were very appreciative but I thought what the heck, I know another boater would do the same for me. That's why ya hafta do stuff like tow people for miles. Gotta build up that good Karma. :)

Keith
06-20-2004, 01:04 PM
Hey RRR, how is it going! 2 years back at the same place, we pumped out a center console fishing boat before it sank. The trouble is this time, I did not being my boat or my 900gph bilge pump with the aligator clips. According to my sister, the only time this boat moves out of the slip is during storms and someone has to retrieve it (she cites 2 times, once her and her husband went and got it and did not even get a thank you from the owners).
Did you make it to lakefest RRR? I posted some pics in the Hot spots central from yesterday. We just got in, gonna take a nap...gotta work tonight!