PDA

View Full Version : Rex Marine Tips???

C.Fisher
06-19-2004, 03:31 PM
I have question about there stainless tips.
We bought a used 2001 checkmate and we only have 51 hrs of use and we have lost two of the flaps out the 4 tips on the boat. Since we were not the original purchasers will they warranty these at all?
We pulled 1 out and rex marine was engraved on it and i noticed on there site how they stated they are prone to not loosing the flappers.
I did notice that the flappers are spot welded, can they be sent back and replaced or would some of you to reccomend a better company that makes these if there is one.
Thanks in advance!
PLEASE SEE MY LAST POST!

rivercrazy
06-19-2004, 03:40 PM
Rex Marine redesigned the flappers in their tips and you can send them back to have them updated/repaired. The new ones are supposed the be much better durability and noise wise. PM RexMarine here on the boards, he's been great helping us boaters out.
I blew out a flapper and they are going to fix it. But, I'm waiting for them to introduce their new tip that incorporates both a flapper, and muffler that will quiet a boat down quite a bit without loosing power.

Jbb
06-19-2004, 04:21 PM
I doubt you will find a stronger setup then the new Rex Superflapper design....I have a set and they are very stout....I have been very pleased with every purchase I have made from them.....and there have been a few....:D

dmontzsta
06-19-2004, 04:27 PM
I doubt any company will warranty anything from the second owner. I wouldnt. :) Rex is all over the board, you can ask him.

Little Wood Boat
06-19-2004, 04:33 PM
Rex Marine TIPS...Be prepared to stand in front of the counter with no one around that seems to care if you, your money or time exist. Next, Don't watch any Billy B. home videos before shopping at Rex Marine...As you will get more than enough of them while standing around the counter waiting your ass off.....The real tip is get square cut tips and use external flappers.

dmontzsta
06-19-2004, 04:35 PM
Originally posted by Little Wood Boat
Rex Marine TIPS...Be prepared to stand in front of the counter with no one around that seems to care if you, your money or time exist. Next, Don't watch any Billy B. home videos before shopping at Rex Marine...As you will get more than enough of them while standing around the counter waiting your ass off.....The real tip is get square cut tips and use external flappers.
hmmm...me or my father have never had those problems. do you go at lunch time? or around closing? :confused:

fourspeednup
06-19-2004, 04:38 PM
PM RexMarine here on the boards, he's been great helping us boaters out. Actually he goes by Rexone here, didn't want you to send a PM off into cyberspace:)

Little Wood Boat
06-19-2004, 04:46 PM
Of course at lunch time and at the end of the day. When else could someone who works go shopping? Are you suggesting that perhaps I could call ahead for an appointment? Is that how it's done?

C.Fisher
06-19-2004, 07:16 PM
I just recieved a VERY RESPECTFUL pm from them, and if they hold up to there bargain I would have to say that this company has excellent customer service and I WOULD referr anyone to do bussiness with them.
Rexone
Thank you, we really appreaciate it!

Shark In The Pond
06-19-2004, 07:21 PM
When you get them back they will be buffed up and ready to go . Lost one of the old flappers on mine so when I sent them in they put the new flapper design on and it has lasted longer then the old ones so far ?

dmontzsta
06-19-2004, 08:26 PM
buy new ones/.

FRENCHIE
06-19-2004, 09:03 PM
your on crack!

OGShocker
06-19-2004, 09:37 PM
Originally posted by Little Wood Boat
Hey Mike! This guy sounds bitter! You may wanna get your rep to PM him. I know you would do it if you were not so busy building the 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003 OH, 2004 Catalog.:D

MRS FLYIN VEE
06-19-2004, 10:54 PM
Rexone is a man of his word.. ;)

Tom Brown
06-19-2004, 10:58 PM
Originally posted by JETBOAT BRIAN
...every purchase I have made from them.....and there have been a few....:D
What's up, Brian? Did you buy a boat? :cool:

Shark In The Pond
06-20-2004, 07:57 AM
Originally posted by OGShocker
Hey Mike! This guy sounds bitter! You may wanna get your rep to PM him. I know you would do it if you were not so busy building the 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003 OH, 2004 Catalog.:D
Now thats funny :D

dmontzsta
06-20-2004, 08:10 AM
Originally posted by FRENCHIE
your on crack!
no way.