PDA

View Full Version : Why is it that with less power Im going faster than Dallas eliminator.

purple profile
05-27-2003, 01:43 PM
seems that he has more hp than me but I may be running a little faster with a 468 blown engine . Is a Profile a faster Hull?

26 QUEST
05-27-2003, 02:03 PM
DALLAS MUST BE A LITTLE HEAVER THAN YOU? AD I DONT MEAN HIS BOAT.

purple profile
05-27-2003, 02:15 PM
28profile vs 26 eliminator I think the 28 may be heavier. By the way I think you are a wanna be cat.

Craig
05-27-2003, 02:35 PM
Is the 26 propped for for max top speed? Is the driver new to the boat. Takes some seat time to get used to a cat to get max speed out of it, from what I've seen. What horsepower numbers do you each have and are they dyno numbers or just a guess?
[ May 27, 2003, 03:36 PM: Message edited by: Craig ]

purple profile
05-27-2003, 02:59 PM
graig, he has a 500hp with a m1 procharger on it I guess around 650hp. I have a 468 with a B&M blower with 5 pounds of boost. We both have had tunnel boats for the last 10-15 years. He knows how do drive it. Im tired of people saying it takes time to learn and drive cats its easy. Whats your opinion on the 2 boats.

Charley
05-27-2003, 03:15 PM
I would bet a case of beer that a little bigger pully on the M-1 and an Imco 1" or 2" shorter lower and he will be pulling you in that 468.... I have suggested this more than once and I never seem to get an answer.....WHERE IS YOUR X DALLAS??.. Take a straight edge off the lowest point of your running pad (basically the lowest peice of fiberglass).... trim your drive to "0" and tell us where the nose cone is in relation to the straight edge.. even?1"lower?2" lower?...just trying to help... I know you want to spank Mr Profile here :D

purple profile
05-27-2003, 03:32 PM
Dallas is saying that he may only run 87-88. Im truning 5500 rpm and 91 on my gps speedometer maybe its wrong but thats what its saying.

boatcrazy
05-28-2003, 05:08 AM
I think the eliminator not set up right.With that set up he should be in the low 90's anyway.I had about 15 differnt cats,comparing a profile to a eliminator is like night and day.Wait till you try to sell that profile,been there done that.Get some one to set the eliminator up right.

26 QUEST
05-28-2003, 06:41 AM
As far as eliminators go you cant give them away in the midwest. Profile is out of Iowa and seem to sell better. Now as far as a true cat its not close the profile rus better than the eliminator in rough water

dallas
05-29-2003, 03:22 PM
first i have never raced purple puts. i am not saying i will win, but i will let you know. second when he bought his profile he asked randy if it would save money not to put any gauges in, because he never looks at them any way. as far quest 26 goes he repped for profile for awhile. and then went out and bought a scow! i mean power quest same thing. eliminator makes a top of a line cat. you can buy a harley or you can buy a yamaha that looks like one. you choose.

26 QUEST
05-30-2003, 08:18 AM
I DID AND I AM ON THE THE WATER NOT DRIVING AROUND LOOKING FOR PARTS! HOW WERE THE LIONS AND TIGERS AT THE ZOO.YOU PUT YOUR BOAT UP FOR SALE AND I WILL ALSO AND WE WILL SEE WHO SELLS IT FIRST. IF YOUR WIFE AND KIDS WANT TO GO FOR A RIDE HAVE THEM CALL ME OR PURPLE PROFILE.

dallas
05-30-2003, 08:37 AM
i told my son. he stated to cry, to slow and to rough of a ride. and he also was scared werent you the guy who hit the sand bar last year after we told you where they were at ???? so my family will pass. and it looks like i may be on the water this weekend

mbrown2
05-30-2003, 08:38 AM
26 QUEST:
I DID AND I AM ON THE THE WATER NOT DRIVING AROUND LOOKING FOR PARTS! HOW WERE THE LIONS AND TIGERS AT THE ZOO.YOU PUT YOUR BOAT UP FOR SALE AND I WILL ALSO AND WE WILL SEE WHO SELLS IT FIRST. IF YOUR WIFE AND KIDS WANT TO GO FOR A RIDE HAVE THEM CALL ME OR PURPLE PROFILE. You have 8 Posts and 3 of them are ripping on Dallas who is trying to make his Eliminator go faster? What's your point? Better yet, what is the point of this thread?

DogHouse
05-30-2003, 08:50 AM
mbrown2:
... Better yet, what is the point of this thread? Larry, Curly, & Mo go boating? :D

Charley
05-30-2003, 10:59 AM
I have to agree, this thread is turning into shit..... purp and quest...cmon guys whats the point of ripping him? If you have a reason or an agenda ..state yer case instead of laying veiled comments to make Dallas feel bad about his boat... Kinda CS.....Dallas accurately check/measure yer "X" dimension.... It's more than likely gonna be the issue with yer boat and it's top speed....or at least shell out the money for someone good to look at your "setup"... you keep asking for help and then it seems like you square dance around the advice given on these boards. bottom line? It costs money to go Fast....belly up to the counter and spend it or sit in that nice eliminator you have and enjoy it.....
PS I'm expecting to lose a star on this one but who cares :rolleyes:

dallas
05-30-2003, 12:03 PM
my xdimension really doesnt matter because with my 500 hp ran 80 mph now same x but had 125 more hp only picked up 4mph why? next question if you ran 4800 rpm how much hp do you need to turn that same prop 5200 rpm?

DogHouse
05-30-2003, 12:18 PM
dallas:
my xdimension really doesnt matter because with my 500 hp ran 80 mph now same x but had 125 more hp only picked up 4mph why? Because power required to overcome drag is a cubic function with velocity. If your X is too low then incremental changes in HP will not yield the same MPH increase as the same boat setup with a higher X. Bottom line if you're dragging too much crap through the water then your boat will just absorb HP and never perform. I honestly don't know if that's the problem in your case since I haven't seen your boat, but it's a fair question to ask and a key setup issue that you need to verify before blaming your engine for lack of performance.

Charley
05-30-2003, 12:44 PM
DogHouse:
[QUOTE]Because power required to overcome drag is a cubic function with velocity. If your X is too low then incremental changes in HP will not yield the same MPH increase as the same boat setup with a higher X. Bottom line if you're dragging too much crap through the water then your boat will just absorb HP and never perform. I honestly don't know if that's the problem in your case since I haven't seen your boat, but it's a fair question to ask and a key setup issue that you need to verify before blaming your engine for lack of performance. Translation = Your X dimension does matter...alot and eliminator has been known to make and X mistake on occasion...

Charley
05-30-2003, 12:47 PM
dallas:
my xdimension really doesnt matter because with my 500 hp ran 80 mph now same x but had 125 more hp only picked up 4mph why?If your not gonna listen to suggestions then don't ask in the first place burningm

Reaper1
05-30-2003, 12:52 PM
Are we gonna have to get some of our lake gang bangers to take care of these Oakies? :p :D boxed

Jrocket
05-30-2003, 01:02 PM
dallas:
my xdimension really doesnt matter because with my 500 hp ran 80 mph now same x but had 125 more hp only picked up 4mph why? next question if you ran 4800 rpm how much hp do you need to turn that same prop 5200 rpm? You can pick up more than that just by finding the correct X dimension or prop to use.
3 possibilites..
1.Your setup{X dimension}is way off.
2.Your motor isnt making the HP you think it is.
3.Your not driving the boat correctly.

dallas
05-30-2003, 02:21 PM
ok the x is 6.5 inches under the center sponson. which the factory says is where it should be

Charley
05-30-2003, 02:28 PM
NOT THE CENTER POD...THE LOWEST POINT/OUTER SPONSONS

26 QUEST
05-30-2003, 02:49 PM
I BOAT WITH THIS GUY THIS IS ALL IN FUN HE HAS A VERY NICE LOOKING BOAT AND HE WILL BLOW THE DOORS OFF OF ME. THE REAL PROBLEM IS THE GUY WORKING ON IT. :D

Jrocket
05-30-2003, 06:48 PM
Charley check your PM's.

Charley
05-31-2003, 07:26 AM
You guys are Freinds?>You bastards!! winding my up like a Jack in the box... The whole time I'm the one that was too serious! :D
PS eliminators and Profiles both Suck eek!
JK :D

26 QUEST
05-31-2003, 10:07 AM
jUST CURIOS BUT WHAT TYPE DO YOU FLY AND WHRER?

26 QUEST
05-31-2003, 10:09 AM
DAH. I SEE THAT IS A DCB. HOW DO YOU LIKE IT AND HOW FAST.

Charley
05-31-2003, 01:55 PM
I like it, but it's not quite as quick as yours..... wanna race for pinks? :D

pleasantcat
06-03-2003, 07:58 PM
ooops! charlie i posted my x on here a while back and might be wrong. it's from the bottom of the center pod or from the lowest point of the hull?

pleasantcat
06-03-2003, 08:11 PM
ok new measurements... at "0" trim and bottom of the center pod im at 5" and from the outer sponsons im at 1/4" to the point of my lower unit. :confused: what this all means is. im runnin a 25' daytona no blower and run right at 90gps. so dallas you should be right there with me bud.....

Charley
06-03-2003, 09:50 PM
Thats about where it should be nose cone even-ish with the bottom of the lowest running surface of the boat or a bit higher....

dallas
06-04-2003, 12:58 PM
BOY DID I GET SCREWED I WENT AND RAN MY BOAT FOR THE FIrst time. no joke i didnt even get 25 minutes and i shot a valve and some other stuff. i called procharger and they told me to take it indiana about a 8 hour drive so i did. it is called shumaker performance im am not sure if that is spelled right he told me the reason it blew was it was set up all wrong. so for you out there take this advice. really check out who is going to work on your boat first before you hand over any money. it is gonna cost me about 10,000 to make it right not to add the 6000.00 i already gave the goof who screwed me i am gonna go after him but im sure it will take some time there were alot of sighns and lies told to me and i knew i should of gotton my boat out of there but i just wanted iT to be done so bad. it was a very costly lesson and alot of sleepless nights but if there is a bright light at the end of the tunnel the people who are working on the boat seem very good and i have enough info on the guy who screwed me to do him alot of damage AND I WILL

Jrocket
06-04-2003, 03:01 PM
Well atleast you know it was the motor and not the hull that was holding you back.I hate to say it but we told you so....Sorry to hear ya got boned by the motor guy.Get his ass if you can...