PDA

View Full Version : One of my married friends is getting busy with a stripper.

Mandelon
06-19-2004, 05:48 PM
Do I do anything? He has kids too. His wife would probably forgive him, but its not right.
So far I told he better be careful and warned him what might happen if he gets caught........
What to do?
None of my business.....................

welk2party
06-19-2004, 05:50 PM
I say stay out of it. Let him make his own bed. Getting in the middle only insures a seat at the table for a showdown if it comes to it.

MRS FLYIN VEE
06-19-2004, 05:50 PM
thats a hard question..;)

MRS FLYIN VEE
06-19-2004, 05:51 PM
plus the messenger usually gets the bad end of the stick. ;)

hot_diggity_dog
06-19-2004, 05:51 PM
Originally posted by Mandelon
Do I do anything? He has kids too. His wife would probably forgive him, but its not right.
So far I told he better be careful and warned him what might happen if he gets caught........
What to do?
None of my business.....................
Tell him it's forth down and the game is over.;)
PUNT and move on.:wink:
HDD:cool:

Mandelon
06-19-2004, 05:52 PM
I wouldn't tell his old lady, I would just try to make him chill, I think.

Debbolas
06-19-2004, 05:52 PM
That just makes me sad...............:(

mtndewdrops
06-19-2004, 05:54 PM
Probably better to stay out of it. He knows what the consequences are...oh boy.

ahhell
06-19-2004, 05:55 PM
:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Scream
06-19-2004, 05:58 PM
Let him know what YOU would do in the same circumstances. Make him understand that you don't approve, providing that's your take on the situation...;)
Speak your mind and conscience and maybe it'll rub off...

WILDERTHANU
06-19-2004, 05:58 PM
I'D SAY THIS MAN HAS HIS PRIORITIES STRAIGHT........

Mandelon
06-19-2004, 05:59 PM
I guess its what a lot of guys want, but not what they need......:(

dmontzsta
06-19-2004, 05:59 PM
never get in someone elses biz, let him do it, it will come back to him. :)

cc322
06-19-2004, 06:14 PM
He is making his own bed.....not if he gets caught, but when he gets caught, he will have to sleep in it, very uncool of him, I would rather be told I want a divorce than to have my other half sneek around behind my back, In my eyes he is a coward, if he is not happy at home than end it:yuk:

SHAKE-YO-AZZ
06-19-2004, 06:54 PM
Does she have a friend?????:D

Kilrtoy
06-19-2004, 06:55 PM
hey Mandelon, When he is done send her over here.
STAY OUT OF IT
You have spoke your peace, now let it go, you will end up the bad guy in the end.....

SHAKE-YO-AZZ
06-19-2004, 06:58 PM
On second thought how about four friends:D :D

Mandelon
06-19-2004, 07:30 PM
Well there is that part of it.....I am sure she has friends....LOL :D I should bring them all along to the river eh???? :eek: Oh sure, then I'd be in trouble toooooooo! :(

Scream
06-19-2004, 07:35 PM
Maybe you just need to go across the border and get him a big bottle of penniscillin (sp?), just in case she's a carrier...

dmontzsta
06-19-2004, 07:51 PM
Originally posted by Kilrtoy
hey Mandelon, When he is done send her over here.
STAY OUT OF IT
You have spoke your peace, now let it go, you will end up the bad guy in the end.....
I agree.

HighRoller
06-19-2004, 07:52 PM
Just remember that whatever you do, he has already betrayed his wife even if she doesn't know. I don't think I'd want that dude as my friend. If he would do a stripper behind his wife's back, what would he do to you while you weren't looking?:eek!:

Debbolas
06-19-2004, 07:55 PM
Highroller you are right!;)

mtndewdrops
06-19-2004, 08:18 PM
Originally posted by HighRoller
Just remember that whatever you do, he has already betrayed his wife even if she doesn't know. I don't think I'd want that dude as my friend. If he would do a stripper behind his wife's back, what would he do to you while you weren't looking?:eek!:
Like your wife :mad:

summerlove
06-19-2004, 08:22 PM
Originally posted by Debbolas
Highroller you are right!;)
I also agree with High Roller....and HDD!

dmontzsta
06-19-2004, 08:23 PM
no

HighRoller
06-19-2004, 08:40 PM
Although if I found him in bed with my wife, he'd be out the door and she'd have an hour to pack her shyt and follow him. No guy can do another guy's wife if the wife doesn't want it....no matter how big a scumbag he is. I'd tell that dude he has a week to let his wife know what's going on, and if he doesn't then somehow she will find out. Think about the well being of the wife and kids, not some dude who can't keep it in his pants.

mtndewdrops
06-19-2004, 08:55 PM
Strippers are all about getting attention...and your money.http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/451busi002.gif

Debbolas
06-19-2004, 08:57 PM
Originally posted by summerlove
I also agree with High Roller....and HDD!
I agree with High Roller, HDD and Summerlove!
;)

Blown 472
06-19-2004, 09:31 PM
Get a pound of butter.

MRS FLYIN VEE
06-19-2004, 10:15 PM
Originally posted by Debbolas
I agree with High Roller, HDD and Summerlove!
;)
I agree.. ;)

SPECTRABRENT
06-19-2004, 11:01 PM
I have married friends that have strippers, girlfriends & hit the massage parlors (happy ending kind) and it sucks for the wife, but it is none of anyones business. Most of my friends wives are pretty much clueless as to what thier husbands are doing.
Shit, you never know, maybe the wife is also having fun with strippers:D. I just stay out of other couples business.
I do agree with Highroller, if your friend is doing the stripper the guy cant be trusted:wink:.
Good Luck,
Brent

alfonzo
06-19-2004, 11:53 PM
I have a girlfriend that likes strippers, I like strippers, coinsidence...maybe!!;) :D

SHAKE-YO-AZZ
06-20-2004, 01:34 AM
Originally posted by HighRoller
You have got to be kidding, friendships and what a person does in is relationships are two different things.

JetBoatRich
06-20-2004, 04:57 AM
We all are faced with decisions in our lives some which may affect the rest of our life. This would be one of those times for him.
I always remind my kids try to make good choices it may bigger than you think. He is not a kid, so should know better.
Unless his wife really does not care, which I doubt.
I would stay out of it, does he read the boards?

SandbarScot
06-20-2004, 05:15 AM
Bottom line, we need PICTURES to decide.:D

Forkin' Crazy
06-20-2004, 06:35 AM
Tell his wife so you can poone her!!! J/K!!:D
That really sucks. I would stay way from him..... but then again, if he got one of those STDs that won't wash off with Grandmaw's lye soap, she should know before he gives it to his future X wife.....
Maybe an anonymous hint should be thrown in????
Hard call!:(

roostwear
06-20-2004, 07:34 AM
The wife will find out somehow, someday. In the priorities of relationships, it's wife, then friend. He has violated the most important trust, so it's not a real stretch to think he'd screw you over, too.
It sounds like you have spoken your peace, so all I would do is add one thing to head off another problem that WILL come up. Tell him you WON'T lie for him or give him an alibi. After that, distance yourself from him and let him implode.
Roost(graduated from the school of hard knocks) wear

v-drive
06-20-2004, 07:53 AM
Been there! stay out of it. Like others have said you'll be the bad guy. You can't hide that kind of stuff from your spouse, they know probably after the first meeting..v-drive

dmontzsta
06-20-2004, 08:11 AM
Originally posted by SandbarScot
Bottom line, we need PICTURES to decide.:D
great idea. :)

Mandelon
06-20-2004, 11:33 AM
I've seen the girl, and she ain't all that.... :yuk: I don't think you would want pictures.....
I'm not gonna tell his wife, but I will remind him its not right again and warn him all the bad shit that could happen if he gets caught.....It would really suck to only get to see your kids every other weekend....:( :(
Visiting a girly bar is one thing, taking one home is another.

ratso
06-20-2004, 12:27 PM
...it makes me wonder what his wife has done to make him do such a vile and disgusting thing.:D
...or better yet, what she hasn't done.;)

Forkin' Crazy
06-20-2004, 01:59 PM
....It would really suck to only get to see your kids every other weekend....:( :(
Visiting a girly bar is one thing, taking one home is another.
I can tell you that it does suck. Not my choice or my fault. I just try to make the best of it........
:)

XTRM22
06-20-2004, 02:04 PM
Man I been to this rodeo before with one of my first really good boating friends. I covered up, lied for him, let him stay at my house when he and his wife were scrappin. If I could do it all over I wouldn't!! I was fortunate to keep his ex-wife as a friend, and wrote him off all togather. Some people are users and my ex buddy was one, like somebody else said, you don't want a seat at that table.
Chuck

rivercrazy
06-20-2004, 05:20 PM
I agree with HighRoller and others here. Its all about individual standards. You either have them or you don't. Its what defines character and what kind of person you are.
Dump him as a friends and walk away. Life is too short and there are many other good people to hang out with.

mike37
06-20-2004, 06:17 PM
tell him you wont cover for him
dont go telling butt never cover

Dr. Eagle
06-20-2004, 07:48 PM
Originally posted by MRS FLYIN VEE
plus the messenger usually gets the bad end of the stick. ;)
Good point... My friend's wife was screwing around on him and she told a mutual friend. She called my friend and she was the bad person...???
Never could figure out that one....

Ken F
06-20-2004, 07:51 PM
It was okay for Clinton to do it....
Why not your buddy?

unleashed
06-20-2004, 08:01 PM
Its none of your business unless its your sister, mom or best girlfreind. Let it go. Maybe their bedroom life sucks???
Deano
Unleashedclothing (http://www.unleashedclothing.com) :devil:

Flyinbowtie
06-20-2004, 08:05 PM
This is tough, I agree with the others who don't think it is your place to jump into the middle of this mess. You have told him you think what he is doing is way wrong. He know's how you feel. You wouldn't enable him by helping him lie, and you wouldn't let him use you to cover his ass. He might try.
Put some distance between you and he for awhile.
If he has made a choice this bad, chances are he is making other bad choices, and those will pile up until they come crashing down.
And they will.
I wouldn't completely burn the bridge to him, he may realize his errors, and come around. He will then need somebody to tell him he did the right thing by ending it. If he gets caught before that, he is gonna be a ticking time bomb for awhile. How much you value his friendship, and care about him in general will determine if you try to help him if/when he asks.
One thing is a gimme, until he is ready to square himself away, nobody can force him to, or do it for him.

repo man
06-20-2004, 09:14 PM
has his wife become huge,fat,lazy and fridged since they got married? some women think marriage is enough to keep a man around. don't we all want the girl we were dating back instead of the wife she became.

Petrofied
06-20-2004, 11:05 PM
What to do?
None of my business..................... What kind of friend gives you that kind of knowledge, So your in the middle, Having to make choices that can affect all involved. NOT A GOOD ONE!!! Friends dont put friends in bad situations.... Have fun go to the river. my .02 ;)
MR.P.