PDA

View Full Version : Boating Etiquette Question.

OutCole'd
06-20-2004, 07:36 PM
If you are staying at the Nautical. Have your sand spike in the ground, and decide to go for an hour boat ride, is it cool for someone to pull up, move your spike and take your spot??
Happened to me this weekend. Come back to get ready for dinner, and there is a boat there. Pissed as hell, I take my boat out. See the people the next morning. The wife is telling me it's not OK to save spots, ????. So you can not go for a ride in your boat? Total BS. The husband tells me, there was no spike there, after the wife tells me they moved it.
Not worth the hassle. I won't be staying at the Nautical again. To many morons for me.
What do you think??

Mandelon
06-20-2004, 07:41 PM
Did ya leave a bouy there? Bouys are critical in spot saving.
I think that they are rude to move your stuff, but its not like its illegal. What if you came back and there were spikes everywhere........what would you do?
I wouldn't leave my boat beached anywhere I wasn't going to be able to keep an eye on it. Someone stole my anchor line at Squaw last month....:( Shit happens.....expect it.
All the times I have stayed there I have seen boats banging into each other on that beach......
If I can't put it in a slip, I put it on the trailer. :cool:

fourspeednup
Personally I wouldn't have moved it. If I were to pull in for a bit I'd have stayed(or someone else would) with the boat in case the boat came back. I for sure wouldn't have moved your stake, parked my boat there, and left:cool:
edit: along the lines of what mandy was saying...the one time I stayed there I saw 4 boats bumping each other and 2 people using the bow of an AO cat as a ramp from the beach to the boat(with sandy shoes on):yuk:

nextasex
People should figure that the spike is there for a reason. Nautical needs to come up with a plan to solve this problem, I know exactly what you are upset about! Maybe next time, try using an EZ UP and some chairs to save your spot. I doubt people will move all that.
Take Care,
Frank

77charger
06-20-2004, 07:42 PM
The way i see it is if it were a crowded area or temp parking like the bridge you move you lose it.As for the nautical if you are staying there i would at least put out and anchor line and tie the rope to the sand spike when i leave.
If you are going to the beach for day use you leave you lose it imo

Scream
06-20-2004, 07:43 PM
I've only stayed there once, but I think it's horse shit personnaly. If you drop the dime on stayin there you should be expected to save your spot on the beach, as long as your not hoggin the whole beach..
Just my opinion, but it's really not cool to move someone elses shit .
Scream

Dr. Eagle
Personally I don't think it is even slightly OK... I think it is pretty chicken sh*t in fact. If you were there before and got the spot, staked it out (so to speak) and johnny come lately shows up and just decides to move in... naw, that's bs. It is a little like showing up in a campground, and moving someones unoccupied tent out of the way so you can move in...
No class whatsoever.

ahhell
two trains of thought...
1. if you were at the mall, and had to go across the street for something would you expect your spot to be there when you got back?
2. Would you move someones beach towel when they went to go splash for a while.....NO...not cool
I'd go with #2.....Shoot em......j/k dont shoot em, no matter how much you want to;)

Debbolas
We had our boat all steaked out and were about to drop the box anchor and I just got a funny feeling about the place. We were on the suite side which faces the lake, directly. I just didn't want to leave my boat there, so we trailered it. ;)

Dr. Eagle
06-20-2004, 07:46 PM
Originally posted by Debbolas
We had our boat all steaked out and were about to drop the box anchor and I just got a funny feeling about the place. We were on the suite side which faces the lake, directly. I just didn't want to leave my boat there, so we trailered it. ;)
I left mine on that same side Deb for 6 days. But it was in the off season... but I had no probs...

clownpuncher
06-20-2004, 07:47 PM
Originally posted by nextasex
People should figure that the spike is there for a reason. Nautical needs to come up with a plan to solve this problem, I know exactly what you are upset about! Maybe next time, try using an EZ UP and some chairs to save your spot. I doubt people will move all that.
Take Care,
Frank
Good idea, but, I've seen people park their boat right in front of an ez up and spike. It had to be obvious that someone was camped there. Coolers, toys, chairs, the works.
Some people are just plain rude and ignant

Flyinbowtie
06-20-2004, 07:49 PM
The sad thing is that etiquette in any form requires people who are essentially honest. When he lied to ya after the woman copped out, that pretty much eliminates these folks from the group described above.
It sucks that these kind of "The world is mine, hooray for me and screw you," types are showing up everywhere.

Dr. Eagle
06-20-2004, 07:49 PM
Originally posted by clownpuncher
Some people are just plain rude and ignant
Damn Commienazis...... I mean rude ignant people!
I know I'd never even think of doing something so inconsiderate... it's just wrong.

Some Kind Of Monster
06-20-2004, 07:50 PM
The person that moved the stake was definately in the wrong.. But seriously, what would you do about it if this happened to you? Are you going to get into a fist fight over a lost spot?

clownpuncher
06-20-2004, 07:52 PM
Originally posted by Some Kind Of Monster
The person that moved the stake was definately in the wrong.. But seriously, what would you do about it if this happened to you? Are you going to get into a fist fight over a lost spot?
If the guys an ass about it and there were no kids around, I might have to strongly consider that option.
Course he'd be the aggressor ;)

Dr. Eagle
06-20-2004, 07:53 PM
Only if I have the 1st cav in reserve...;) http://store1.yimg.com/I/priorservice_1784_74482567

OutCole'd
06-20-2004, 07:53 PM
To me, the bottom line. If the beach was covered with spikes & bouys, I would have put it on the trailer.
It is never acceptable to touch anyone's stuff, unless it is some kind of emergency.
The other thing was the wife also told me that when they came back, someone took their spot. So she figured it was ok to take my spot.
I also agree. two wrongs don't make a right.
Illegal, no. But wrong, yes.

Some Kind Of Monster
06-20-2004, 07:54 PM
If the guys an ass about it and there were no kids around, I might have to strongly consider that option.
Course he'd be the aggressor ;)
Good Times :p I would pull my 45

OutCole'd
06-20-2004, 07:55 PM
Great point, that's why I said my piece & walked away. I was not going to let a lack of courtesy ruin my vacation. Although I was pissed as hell for an hour or so.

clownpuncher
06-20-2004, 07:56 PM
Good Times :p I would pull my 45
Holy shit man!
Note to self.......NEVER **** with monsters shit :D
All in all, I think the whole thing is BS. Sorry it happened to ya Outcole'd.

Some Kind Of Monster
06-20-2004, 07:56 PM
Originally posted by OutCole'd
Although I was pissed as hell for an hour or so.
Been There...

Dr. Eagle
06-20-2004, 07:57 PM
Holy shit man!
Note to self........ Remember Clownpunchers note to self...

Some Kind Of Monster
06-20-2004, 07:58 PM
Holy shit man!
LOL Im kiddin.. You would have to AT LEAST build a sand castle on my nice beach before the 45 comes out..

Dr. Eagle
06-20-2004, 08:00 PM
LOL Im kiddin.. You would have to AT LEAST build a sand castle on my nice beach before the 45 comes out..
That's good, you had me worried about you for a minute...:rolleyes: :p :D

Mandelon
06-20-2004, 08:02 PM
Billy, I was thinkin that with that Blue Motor in the Magic you coulda thrown a rope around their outdrive and pulled out of YOUR spot with only a little effort.........:D :D

Some Kind Of Monster
06-20-2004, 08:02 PM
Originally posted by Dr. Eagle
That's good, you had me worried about you for a minute...:rolleyes: :p :D
Hehe Glad that cleared things up! :D

Some Kind Of Monster
06-20-2004, 08:03 PM
Originally posted by Mandelon
Billy, I was thinkin that with that Blue Motor in the Magic you coulda thrown a rope around their outdrive and pulled out of YOUR spot with only a little effort.........:D :D
I like that idea! "Sorry sir, looked like you needed a tow"

Dr. Eagle
06-20-2004, 08:05 PM
I like that idea! "Sorry sir, looked like you needed a tow"
Oh and sorry your outdrive broke off in the process... LOL..

Some Kind Of Monster
06-20-2004, 08:08 PM
Oh and sorry your outdrive broke off in the process... LOL..
"Oh and it wasn't me that pulled your transom plug"

Dr. Eagle
06-20-2004, 08:10 PM
"Oh and it wasn't me that pulled your transom plug"
Too bad your shade canopy, box anchor and sand spike all went to the bottom with it....;)

clownpuncher
06-20-2004, 08:10 PM
You know....The more I think about it the more it bugs me. It had to be tough biting your tongue. You probably did right by saying your piece and walking.
Outcole'd needs a group beer bong.

Dr. Eagle
06-20-2004, 08:15 PM
You know....The more I think about it the more it bugs me. It had to be tough biting your tongue. You probably did right by saying your piece and walking.
Outcole'd needs a group beer bong.
Directly from your Avitars taps...;)

Some Kind Of Monster
06-20-2004, 08:16 PM
I'll drink to that!

Dr. Eagle
06-20-2004, 08:19 PM
I'll drink to that!
Ditto.......

Jrocket
06-20-2004, 08:20 PM
I would of let it go.
Later that night,go for a late night swim with a cresent wrench and come back with a cresent wrench AND a drain plug!

Dr. Eagle
06-20-2004, 08:21 PM
Originally posted by Jrocket
I would of let it go.
Later that night,go for a late night swim with a cresent wrench and come back with a cresent wrench AND a drain plug!
But then there'd have been oil and gas all over the sand next morning. Better to take it to deep water before scuttling... LOL....

Jrocket
06-20-2004, 08:36 PM
But then there'd have been oil and gas all over the sand next morning. Better to take it to deep water before scuttling... LOL....
Oh well....If you want to make an omelette,you have to break some eggs! LOL

Dr. Eagle
06-20-2004, 08:45 PM
Originally posted by Jrocket
Oh well....If you want to make an omelette,you have to break some eggs! LOL
LOL... touche'!;)

welk2party
06-20-2004, 08:51 PM
This has been an issue at the Nautical for as long as I can remember. I have seen many fights over this issue. "That was my spot!". It sucks when it happens, but there is no saving allowed. I would never impose myself or move someones stuff. But If I left I would try and get my spot but not much you can do beyond that.

unleashed
06-20-2004, 09:08 PM
I was in this same situation this weekend. Get there early Thursday setup canopy, sandspike, chairs, kids toys etc. Not a big spot but hey I get there early so I dont have to take my boat in and out of the water(The main reason for staying at nautical). I try to get back early everyday to get my same spot back and most of the time people are curteous and understand. This weekend however I get back about 4 and sure enough someone is camped out in our spot. I tell them to please move as I have all my gear there etc. Ofcourse that wasnt going to happen. This lady starts yelling at the top of her lungs calling us every name in the book. It takes all my energy to walk away and avert a very bad situation. Bottom line is there is no saving spots and being respectful and courteous of other peoples spots at Nautical does not happen very often anymore. I've always known this but the majority of the time people are cool with picking out an empty spot and not bothering beaching in front of someones encampment. I am one person that will NEVER boat my boat in someones encampment and if I do I will surely only do it if its an emergency, I need a beer at the bar, or I need to pickup some family members. But I will always give way to the people that went out of there way to setup there spot etc. its common courtesy.
Deano
Unleashedclothing (http://www.unleashedclothing.com) :devil:

OutCole'd
06-20-2004, 09:12 PM
Deano, I saw your boat there Saturday afternoon. Looks killer. I looked around for you, but you were nowhere in sight.
Next time.
Sorry about your dilema. Bottom line, mean people suck.:D
Glad you had the sense to walk away. It's just not worth the hassle.

Jrocket
06-20-2004, 09:19 PM
Originally posted by unleashed
I was in this same situation this weekend. Get there early Thursday setup canopy, sandspike, chairs, kids toys etc. Not a big spot but hey I get there early so I dont have to take my boat in and out of the water(The main reason for staying at nautical). I try to get back early everyday to get my same spot back and most of the time people are curteous and understand. This weekend however I get back about 4 and sure enough someone is camped out in our spot. I tell them to please move as I have all my gear there etc. Ofcourse that wasnt going to happen. This lady starts yelling at the top of her lungs calling us every name in the book. It takes all my energy to walk away and avert a very bad situation. Bottom line is there is no saving spots and being respectful and courteous of other peoples spots at Nautical does not happen very often anymore. I've always known this but the majority of the time people are cool with picking out an empty spot and not bothering beaching in front of someones encampment. I am one person that will NEVER boat my boat in someones encampment and if I do I will surely only do it if its an emergency, I need a beer at the bar, or I need to pickup some family members. But I will always give way to the people that went out of there way to setup there spot etc. its common courtesy.
Deano
Once again,cresent wrench and drain plugs!

unleashed
06-20-2004, 09:20 PM
Yeah, I was glad I walked away to. Im alot wiser in my old age! Next time you see me come by and say hi, just dont take my spot!:D
Other than that I had a great weekend!
Deano

unleashed
06-20-2004, 09:23 PM
Yeah Jrocket, I wish I were that mean but alas I've grown more tolerant than I've ever been in my life. People with attitude problems almost always get theres in the end! I really do believe in Karma!
Deano

Jrocket
06-20-2004, 09:27 PM
Yeah Jrocket, I wish I were that mean but alas I've grown more tolerant than I've ever been in my life. People with attitude problems almost always get theres in the end! I really do believe in Karma!
Deano
I hear ya Deano! Ive taken enough crap in life,now its time to karma back some of it to the a-holes out there! LOL
Whens your next trip?We need to have some beers.

unleashed
06-20-2004, 09:28 PM
Im taking a couple of weeks off from the river. I will be back the weekend after the 4th of July. Im headed up to Tule Lake california(beautiful but boring as all hell)to visit the inlaws. I'll keep an eye out for you. Oh yeah I guess your're keeping your boat now??
Deano

alfonzo
06-20-2004, 09:30 PM
Im taking a couple of weeks off from the river. I will be back the weekend after the 4th of July. Im headed up to Tule Lake california(beautiful but boring as all hell)to visit the inlaws. I'll keep an eye out for you. Oh yeah I guess your're keeping your boat now??
What the hell?? your not going to be at the river on the 4th???:eek:

alfonzo
06-20-2004, 09:31 PM
sorry for jacking the thread:cool:

unleashed
06-20-2004, 09:32 PM
Yeah, I have to do family duty for a week. Hey Al, Hey hurry up and get a job so you can afford to come back out!
Deano

Jrocket
06-20-2004, 09:32 PM
Deano
Yep keeping it.Hung out with John and Brad on Memorial,but never made it up to Havasu to see ya.Next time I will.

framer1
06-21-2004, 04:50 AM
Should you be able to save a spot for a friend at the channel? If so how long? I didn't do it I just ran into that problem this weekend. Also it was really hard to find a spot. Your thoughts.

mtndewdrops
06-21-2004, 05:42 AM
Some people lack common sense and courtesy. :mad: I have heard this complaint many times, not just at the Nautical. The only thing you can do to try to save your spot is anchor a large buoy and attach a large raft, tube or something similar and tie back to a sand spike. It makes it more of a hassle to try to move in. Canopys can blow away or be moved relatively easy.
This is why I bought a house in Havasu.;)

91nordic29
06-21-2004, 07:52 AM
WE CAMP AT CATTAIL COVE TWICE A YEAR. oops. we dont use the day use area but every night when we go down to the beach to watch the sunset or whatever;) there are canopies and chairs left overnight.i dont think that is right as someone else may want to use the beach and get there first in the morning to find canopies left from the day before. :confused:

Powerquestboy
06-21-2004, 07:59 AM
I've had this problem many times but I think it should be first come first serve. The Nautical says absolutely no saving spots. They even went as far as to tell a friend of mine to pull up peoples anchors, spikes and lines if they leave them out. I definitely dont agree with that but if its a busy weekend I think first come first serve just like the channel. People should be able to use the beach while others are gone. I never save my spot because I dont view it as a camping area, but simple a boat parking lot just like any other car parking lot. I think the Nautical should put up signs or tell people when they check in to make it more clear.

Havasu_Dreamin
06-21-2004, 09:04 AM
Bill, the person that did that to you was just a disrespectrful idiot. In the channel, you move, you lose your space. It's my "understanding" that the only people that really beach in the "main" part of the cove in front of the Nautical are guests staying at there, why I don't know but that's a different story. Just another example of someone that thinks they own the lake. Don't worry, the boating karma will come back and they will get theirs.

Roxysnow
06-21-2004, 09:19 AM
I really think it's rude to move your spike but on the otherhand there isn't assigned parking on the beach for your boat there either. It's a tough call! I can think of pro's and con's for both sides. We all wanted to kick that person ass trying to reserve the beach but when we want to do it, it's never wrong. Maybe throw up a canopy or a bouy. Put some effort in saving the spot, just a spike????????

Chris Winn
06-21-2004, 09:22 AM
hello Dean,
that was messed up of the people to do that, remeber they were parked under my awning and sitting in the shade that i provided (and got there early on thursday in order to hold that spot for my boat)
this was the 1st time that someone had not moved for us when advised that it was our spot, they were ven rude to my wife who had not said even a word yet (the boat owners wife called her a skinny little bitch for no reason, but i would ratehr have a skinny bitch than the woman he was suck with!!!)
but that was a very screwed up situation, and the owner of the HTM knows who they are and that they did not win any friends over that day, and they will be remembered the next time they decide to float up!
those people had he gall to pull up under my canopy and use my spot, then when they were very nicly asked, they told us to F*ck off, just not cool.......

Chris Winn
06-21-2004, 10:08 AM
just to put a positive note on this link, a big thank you to the considerate people that moved their boats down and assited us with moving the conopy and sand spike that the HTM had used as his own (didn't even have the balls to look you in the eyes as he did it)
but Vodka rocks and Tombstone, i really appriciate your help, and thanks to all of those that argued the cause for us while we per on our way back.

RiverDave
06-21-2004, 10:30 AM
I didn't read the whole thread, but I'll chip my .02 on the original question.. As well I should say I dunno shit about Havasu so don't take my word for it.
From what I understand & what I've been told there is "NO SAVING OF SPOTS." If your boat isn't parked there it's open game.
Personally, I don't think I'd park in a spot that had a whole setup in front of it though?? Unless I was just getting a beer? If the guy came back I'd sure move it or work something out with him?
I don't understand peoples "need" to get shitty over minor situations? Alot of assholes out there nowdays. :(
RD

Chris Winn
06-21-2004, 11:06 AM
i agree dave, people have some shitty attitudes now days
but all we did was ask for our spot back which we worked very hard to set up and arrived early on thursday to do so. they seemed intent on making a statement and showing us up.
the guy in the HTM (i have not said the name of the boat yet) let his wife just run her mouth off alienating any kind of point they might have actually had, she even had the go-daddys to call my wife a skinny bitch that better back off. i never lost my cool or lowered myself to their level, but i did war the guy to ask his wife to be quiet, that if she does not there would eventually be a problem.
his wife seems to go on ranting, but some considerate people moved their boats tighter togather and made some room, the guy who stole my spot didn't even bother to assist- shows his real colors
good to meet you thsi weekend by the way

dc96819
06-21-2004, 11:08 AM
You should have move back after he left,then you could of told us
how he liked it:)

RiverDave
06-21-2004, 11:12 AM
Originally posted by Chris Winn
i agree dave, people have some shitty attitudes now days
but all we did was ask for our spot back which we worked very hard to set up and arrived early on thursday to do so. they seemed intent on making a statement and showing us up.
the guy in the HTM (i have not said the name of the boat yet) let his wife just run her mouth off alienating any kind of point they might have actually had, she even had the go-daddys to call my wife a skinny bitch that better back off. i never lost my cool or lowered myself to their level, but i did war the guy to ask his wife to be quiet, that if she does not there would eventually be a problem.
his wife seems to go on ranting, but some considerate people moved their boats tighter togather and made some room, the guy who stole my spot didn't even bother to assist- shows his real colors
good to meet you thsi weekend by the way
Well then **** THAT GUY AND THE HTM HE RODE IN ON.. ;) :D
Was he there when I was there?
Spit out the name of the boat.. no need to be shy about it. :) If he's on here maybe he'll learn something from it?
RD

Ziggy
06-21-2004, 11:17 AM
There was a rather large thread about something similar a while back but it pertained to leaving chairs, coolers, EZups on beaches on the lake so you had a good beach to return to the next day....
Without questions everyone said it wasn't right..so why would leaving a spike or a bouy or tarp be any different at Nautical.
Yeah, you paid to stay in the Hotel but so did the guy who moved your spike.
But in defense, it would be common courtesy to leave the stuff and find a different spot to pull up instead of creating anger between two families. At least the wife was honest about it.

Ducatista
06-21-2004, 11:36 AM
Originally posted by OutCole'd
Deano, I saw your boat there Saturday afternoon. Looks killer. I looked around for you, but you were nowhere in sight.
Next time.
Sorry about your dilema. Bottom line, mean people suck.:D
Glad you had the sense to walk away. It's just not worth the hassle.
Bottom line....your right!
We were joy-riding on the golf cart (opps I mean cruzin to drop off trash) and I saw your boat in site 420 I believe, a couple of weekends ago. I see that it fits! Damn that looked like a tight squeeze. How do you like the Park?

OutCole'd
06-21-2004, 11:45 AM
Originally posted by Ducatista
Bottom line....your right!
We were joy-riding on the golf cart (opps I mean cruzin to drop off trash) and I saw your boat in site 420 I believe, a couple of weekends ago. I see that it fits! Damn that looked like a tight squeeze. How do you like the Park?
I am digging the Islander. Make my weekends as easy as possible. Next time, if you see my truck, stop by for a cold one.
My spot is way tight. There is no way I could get my 28' boat in there. They have a cool guy that works there and for $15.00 he parks it for me. The guy is friggen awsome. Best 15 bucks I have ever spent.

Ducatista
06-21-2004, 11:59 AM
I don't think I could have got that baby in there either, unless I had a short wheel based jeep or something. Glad it's workin out for you, they run a nice service there. Sounds good on the cold one, I'll look for you over the 4'th & say Hi.

vodkarocks
06-21-2004, 12:00 PM
I asked the people at the front desk at the nautical why they don't rent spots in the cove, and the bottom line is they don't own the beach. they told me the truth is anyone can park there anytime they want (even overnight) and the management at Nautical can't do anything about it.
That being said, not only is it low rent to take someone's spot but what's worse is the shitty attitude of some of the people that were there this weekend. The great thing about boating is that those people are in the minority!
Chris it was great to meet you and let me know if you plan a trip to San Diego

OutCole'd
06-21-2004, 12:03 PM
Originally posted by Ducatista
I don't think I could have got that baby in there either, unless I had a short wheel based jeep or something. Glad it's workin out for you, they run a nice service there. Sounds good on the cold one, I'll look for you over the 4'th & say Hi.
I'll be there on the 4th for sure.

OutCole'd
06-21-2004, 12:04 PM
Originally posted by vodkarocks
I asked the people at the front desk at the nautical why they don't rent spots in the cove, and the bottom line is they don't own the beach. they told me the truth is anyone can park there anytime they want (even overnight) and the management at Nautical can't do anything about it.
It's funny, they have tags to put on your boat, and they claim without a tag it could towed.

vodkarocks
06-21-2004, 12:16 PM
OutCole'd that's the same thing I thought, and they said they want people to think that the beach is only for Nautical customers, and that's also why they have the signs on beach about towing

Mr.Havasu
06-21-2004, 12:52 PM
Originally posted by vodkarocks
OutCole'd that's the same thing I thought, and they said they want people to think that the beach is only for Nautical customers, and that's also why they have the signs on beach about towing
well I guess their secret is out now:D

Ducatista
06-21-2004, 01:04 PM
Originally posted by warlock25
well I guess their secret is out now:D
Geez....I was thinking the same thing. Don't want to trailer your boat on the busy weekends....well there you go!

OGShocker
06-21-2004, 01:17 PM
I am waiting to hear how someone left a box anchor in six inches of water out from thier "spot" as a BoobyTrap. Might not bother a cat but, us vee guys could be pissed.

J540
06-21-2004, 01:31 PM
Too bad your shade canopy, box anchor and sand spike all went to the bottom with it....;)
And every one always asks me, why do you always have your scuba tank and stuff with you :D :D ..
Sorry OutCole'd was that your ez-up that we were chill'n under sat, ;) . we did pull up to the cove to get some drinks to go real quick, even then i felt funny parked in a spot that some one else saved. but if thay came back not only would i have moved, I would help them park their boat and at lease say sorry Bro.

little rowe boat
06-21-2004, 03:16 PM
The same thing happened to me at the nautical last year,I come in and the guys wife is in their boat and they are tied off with my rope,so I ask if she can move their boat so I can tie off with my rope in front of the room I am staying in.She says no,so I take the rope off of their boat and run it along the side andI tie off and anchor directly behind them. The husband eventually comes out and says wtf,so I said I didn't think you would mind if I tied off with MY rope.

Three Days Only
06-21-2004, 03:25 PM
This is also a problem I delt with the summer of 02, & 03 every other weekend all summer long from April until October. Its pretty shitty when you get back from boating and theres no where to beach your boat, but what gives anyone the right to save a spot on the beach. People put crap all over the beach, EZ-ups, chairs and all their shit, and then are gone all day. Theres no room for anyone to park with all that crap everywhere. So these people with all there shit all over the place are gone all day, then when they return they expect to have their space open. People have been using the beaches all day to go to the store, captains table, naked turtle, etc. It should be first come first serve, leave nothing behind when you leave. Theres not enough room for every guest to park on the beach anyway. Sounds shitty, but thats how it should be. There would be no more problems. Saving a space is a joke, I have seen more fights over that crap, and its lame. People expect this courtesy, but the truth is, there is no assigned spaces, and there is no saving spaces, those are the rules, and the ones saving spaces and getting mad over it are breaking them.
If you were off in some cove on the middle of the lake camping that would be a differnt story. The hotel just does not have enogh room for all the boats, so first come, first serve. Sure would stop all the pissing matches wouldnt it.
just my .02

My Man's Sportin' Wood
06-21-2004, 03:28 PM
When we went to Mohave a couple of weeks ago, we saw the rangers all flying out of the marina at the same time.:confused: We asked one of the houseboaters later what happened and this is the story we got:
Apparently, one of the guys with a huge houseboat ($400-500K) who keeps it moored there, took his family out and found a cove up the lake. They parked the boat and camped there for a night and while they were out in their ski boat the next day (Saturday) another group came up and not only took over their cove (which sometimes happens on crowded weekends), but let their houseboat loose and it either was pushed, towed, or floated out into the lake. Needless to say, when the houseboaters showed up at their campsite and found their half a million dollar boat floating adrift, they came unglued. A fistfight ensued and lasted long enough for someone to call 911 and the rangers to arrive. I hope the houseboat owner beat the holy crap out of the other guy and taught him not to mess with other peoples property.

RiverDave
06-21-2004, 03:29 PM
Originally posted by Three Days Only
This is also a problem I delt with the summer of 02, & 03 every other weekend all summer long from April until October. Its pretty shitty when you get back from boating and theres no where to beach your boat, but what gives anyone the right to save a spot on the beach. People put crap all over the beach, EZ-ups, chairs and all their shit, and then are gone all day. Theres no room for anyone to park with all that crap everywhere. So these people with all there shit all over the place are gone all day, then when they return they expect to have their space open. People have been using the beaches all day to go to the store, captains table, naked turtle, etc. It should be first come first serve, leave nothing behind when you leave. Theres not enough room for every guest to park on the beach anyway. Sounds shitty, but thats how it should be. There would be no more problems. Saving a space is a joke, I have seen more fights over that crap, and its lame. People expect this courtesy, but the truth is, there is no assigned spaces, and there is no saving spaces, those are the rules, and the ones saving spaces and getting mad over it are breaking them.
If you were off in some cove on the middle of the lake camping that would be a differnt story. The hotel just does not have enogh room for all the boats, so first come, first serve. Sure would stop all the pissing matches wouldnt it.
just my .02
As I said before I really don't spend alot of time in Havi, and know enough about it to be dangerous.. but this seems to be the only post in this whole thread that really makes sense to me??
I'm not sure how in a confined area like that people can "save spots" while they go for a ride or to the sand bar or whatever they are doing?
RD

RiverDave
06-21-2004, 03:31 PM
Originally posted by Mrs. Sportin' Wood
When we went to Mohave a couple of weeks ago, we saw the rangers all flying out of the marina at the same time.:confused: We asked one of the houseboaters later what happened and this is the story we got:
Apparently, one of the guys with a huge houseboat ($400-500K) who keeps it moored there, took his family out and found a cove up the lake. They parked the boat and camped there for a night and while they were out in their ski boat the next day (Saturday) another group came up and not only took over their cove (which sometimes happens on crowded weekends), but let their houseboat loose and it either was pushed, towed, or floated out into the lake. Needless to say, when the houseboaters showed up at their campsite and found their half a million dollar boat floating adrift, they came unglued. A fistfight ensued and lasted long enough for someone to call 911 and the rangers to arrive. I hope the houseboat owner beat the holy crap out of the other guy and taught him not to mess with other peoples property.
Jesus... :( That sux.
RD

Three Days Only
06-21-2004, 03:33 PM
Originally posted by RiverDave
As I said before I really don't spend alot of time in Havi, and know enough about it to be dangerous.. but this seems to be the only post in this whole thread that really makes sense to me??
I'm not sure how in a confined area like that people can "save spots" while they go for a ride or to the sand bar or whatever they are doing?
RD
I watched the same shit go down for two years straight, and these people think they can come and save a spot for the weekend. Then they get all pissy about it, and there the ones not following the hotel rules. Its just fight after fight, and its stupid. When you park there you there, when you leave your gone. Could you see me pulling into the channel and saying hey move your boat, thats my spot, I was there earlier, and that spot your standing in is where I pissed. Yeah right!!!!!
I have never had a confrontation at the Nautical, I never tried to save a spot, and thats that.

hd&boatrider
06-21-2004, 03:34 PM
I think I was out there for that. Was it about 4-6 cop boats running up the lake from one side to another trying to find out where the problem was? We got interested in all of this and tried to follow along to see what was up but after they went up well past the power lines we decidied not to follow anymore. In any event that really is a bad thing to have to deal with. Yes, I would be throwing blows also.
Originally posted by Mrs. Sportin' Wood

jackpunx
06-21-2004, 03:37 PM
I watched the same shit go down for two years straight, and these people think they can come and save a spot for the weekend. Then they get all pissy about it, and there the ones not following the hotel rules. Its just fight after fight, and its stupid. When you park there you there, when you leave your gone. Could you see me pulling into the channel and saying hey move your boat, thats my spot, I was there earlier, and that spot your standing in is where I pissed. Yeah right!!!!!
I have never had a confrontation at the Nautical, I never tried to save a spot, and thats that.
Well.. Yea.. I can see you saying that..lol:D

little rowe boat
06-21-2004, 04:11 PM
Ok here is another situation that happened last year.We had two boats in our group with about 12 peeps,we go down to the south end of the lake and find a small beach or cove, ( this is just one campsite )the ranger shows up and we pay our fees.Oh about noon or so another boat comes pulling up and unloads all of their people and ez-up and chairs and so on,no big thing as far as I was concerned there was plenty of room for all of us,I usually say the more the merrier. So I decide to take all the kids out and pull them around on the tube and I make a couple of slow passes by the beach so my sister can take some pics of her kids on the tube.I come back in and the guy with the other boat that showed up about noon meets me as I pull up and he politely says that he would prefer me not to pull the tube by the beach again,because his anchor might not hold,so I say sounds like you might need a bigger anchor,then he says no he doesn't need a bigger anchor,just for me to be a little more considerate.So I say I thought I was being considerate by allowing you to share our beach with us.He didn't like that so he gets a little upset and asks me if I am looking for trouble,so I hop out of the boat and tell him no I am not looking for trouble,but I am not going to allow someone to dictate what I will and will not do in our cove and if he did not like it he should leave,so that there would not be any trouble.Needless to say the spirit of friendliness and boating comraderie was out the window.He did not leave they stayed the rest of the afternoon and I did continue to pull the kids around in the cove.

Chris Winn
06-21-2004, 04:28 PM
hello RD,
the name of the HTM was DOX ROX, and they were very rude and knew damn well that it was someone elses spot. his wife was very wrong in her launguge to my wife.
we ask very nicley if they would move and were told to F*ck off!!!
BTW- its cool if people want to park there when i am not there and i have no problem if they use the shade of the canopy (like the guy next to me was when i returned earlier), but everyone else moved with-in 10 minutes with NO drama (hell i even through a few silvers in their direction for the thought)
my point is that when we tale the time and get out there early to make sure that we get a safe spot for our boats, that should be respected. i will allways share and work hard to make room for anyone who needs it, i practice common courtesy as offten as possible.
karma will come back on them........

AleAlchemist
06-21-2004, 05:20 PM
just my .02
I have asked the managment at the hotel and they say that because of the limited space it is First come first sreve, and that is the official policy of the Hotel!

SoCalOffshore
06-21-2004, 05:59 PM
I didnt read all the previous posts. But, I think the only policy is first come first served and no saved spots. If not, I could plant my spike today and leave it there forever! I know it sucks not to be able and get your spot, why should it be vacant for an hour or two or threee while someone is maybe on another spot in the channel or sand bar? When I leave my spot, I assume it is gone and I need to find another location when I get back.

unleashed
06-21-2004, 06:35 PM
Bottom line is there should be signs on the beach at the nautical that state no Saving spots per Nauticals requests. This would save alot of drama and fighting. Unfortunatly Nautical is one of the only hotels where you can keep your boat overnight so hence people get there thursday hoping to get a good beach spot to keep there boats overnight. Like I said before I will NEVER park in an area that has someones sh*t already on the beach and if you do expect trouble! Its common sense and courtesy. If you wanted the beach area you should have gotten there before someone took the time to setup camp. As far as coves, sandbar, channel etc. I would never expect to save a spot but I would still not beach where someone has there stuff.
Deano

My Man's Sportin' Wood
06-21-2004, 06:39 PM
ditto what unleashed said. I wouldn't get too mad if someone snaked the spot I had on a busy weekend, but I have the courtesy not to do it to someone else. Sorry, it's just not cool. Neither would I come up to a cove someone was in and park my stuff. Unless maybe it was a really big cove, and even then I would ask if it was okay if someone was around.

hot_diggity_dog
06-21-2004, 06:46 PM
Bottom line is there should be signs on the beach at the nautical that state no Saving spots per Nauticals requests. This would save alot of drama and fighting. Unfortunatly Nautical is one of the only hotels where you can keep your boat overnight so hence people get there thursday hoping to get a good beach spot to keep there boats overnight. Like I said before I will NEVER park in an area that has someones sh*t already on the beach and if you do expect trouble! Its common sense and courtesy. If you wanted the beach area you should have gotten there before someone took the time to setup camp. As far as coves, sandbar, channel etc. I would never expect to save a spot but I would still not beach where someone has there stuff.
Deano
You could alway's hang a sign off your EZ-Up (laminated so it doesn't get wet);)
Hello fellow Boater and Nautical guest:
Please feel free to enjoy my shade while I take my boat out on the lake for a spin.
I will be back and mooring my boat in this spot . So if you see a boat coming straight at ya, you need to move out of the way.
Thanks for you cooperation and let's tip a cold one!
UNLEASHED:D :D

OutCole'd
06-21-2004, 06:47 PM
Deano
Deano, you took the words right out of my my mouth.

J540
06-21-2004, 06:57 PM
Originally posted by SoCalOffshore
I didnt read all the previous posts. But, I think the only policy is first come first served and no saved spots. If not, I could plant my spike today and leave it there forever! I know it sucks not to be able and get your spot, why should it be vacant for an hour or two or threee while someone is maybe on another spot in the channel or sand bar? When I leave my spot, I assume it is gone and I need to find another location when I get back.
10/4 when i stay there i would love to have a spot when i get back from a 3hr tour to channel then to sandbar for 3more hr then to moabi/topock..keep dreaming;) aint gona happen. drain plug idea is funny. :D but my air drill works under water:cool: and i always have my dive gear with me, and with a 3/4" bit that persons boat would look like swisscheezzz on the bottom:D :D .but i do appreciate when people help make room so you can park, in stead of looking at you like f***you this is all ours.f*** that

unleashed
06-21-2004, 08:51 PM
Glenn, that would be a great Banner. I think I'll make one this week.
Deano

Tyson Ross
06-21-2004, 09:59 PM
I see both sides but I compare it to my situation at Moonridge Marina near Parker Dam. There are private docks that homeowners own and public ones for homeowners w/out private docks. There are like 5 public slips for probably 50 homeowners. They are never all there at once but on busy weekends you have to launch early if you want a boat slip. Now if I leave and go on the river what gives me the right to use my ropes to "save" my slip all day. I just hope when I come back that there is an open slip. If not then back to Fox's I guess! Unless you pay for your beach or slip isn't it fair game?:eek:

Three Days Only
06-21-2004, 10:47 PM
I went there friday afternoon to meet our friend Unleashed for some cocktails and apps, the whole time im wondering if whoevers spot im parked in came back, and if my boats floating out in the cove. There was no where to park unless you swiped a spot since everyones shit was all over. I checked every 15min or so, and would have moved the boat no problems asked. Obviously thats easier then going to war with someone. The Nautical just needs to put up signs no reserved spots, and take all your crap with you when you leave, If it was posted and clear to all guests there would never be any problems, if your there your there, if not ooh well. You want a parking spot, get there alittle earlier in the afternoon, jump out of the boat, piss on the sand in front of your ride, and mark your terriotory.

HighRoller
06-21-2004, 10:49 PM
Whoever has the most expensive boat gets the spot....now all you guys can start whipping out your receipts!!!!!!

Three Days Only
06-21-2004, 11:07 PM
my point is that when we tale the time and get out there early to make sure that we get a safe spot for our boats, that should be respected. i will allways share and work hard to make room for anyone who needs it, i practice common courtesy as offten as possible.
Taking the time to find a safe spot for your boat at the Nautical?The Nautical is by far not the safest place for your boat. Thats the only place my boat has ever been damaged (more then once)or gone through by some punk a-hole. As far as common courtesy, I agree with you, its always better to assist someone else rather then argue with them. I have met alot of cool people over the years at the Nautical, that exact way. The fact is you and everyone else wanting to save your spaces is acting as more of a henderance on others then a courtesy. No one is allowed to save a space on the beach its hotel policy, so why do people think it is okay to do so, and then get irratted with someone who beaches in there spot. I just dont get it!!!! Its nothing against you or anyone else, but what makes it right to break the rules and then get angry at someone else for following them. They are parking there boat in a empty space becasue it is suppose to be first come first serve. Its pretty shitty the way some of those people act and start yelling and screaming when there the ones not following hotel policy, dont you think?
Jeff / 3DO

Mandelon
06-22-2004, 04:55 AM
Maybe if you could stake down those lawn chairs about 2 feet out in the water....run some anchor chain all through them.........;)

Essex502
06-22-2004, 06:01 AM
It is one thing to drive way down the lake and find a secluded, empty cove and setup camp, leave your stuff and boat for a while intending to come back and find it all there untouched. The other is a very busy, public place like the Nautical Cove trying to stake out "YOUR" territory so you can come and go as you please. The Nautical has day traffic coming and going and a lot of those folks are not staying there. Someone said early in this thread (and I didn't try to read the entire thread) that the Nautical had no control over the cove - well at one time I seem to remember they were giving or maybe selling tags or bands or something similar to those who were staying there so they could moor overnight in the cove. I may be wrong on that.
Having said the above, I think it can be construed as rude for folks to put up the stuff on the cove's beach - "marking their territory" and then going out for an extended period of time expecting to find the "spot" free of another boat. If it is indeed public property it should be first come first served and if you get up and go out and not leave people behind to keep your spot you've given it up. Moving someone's stake is irrelevant at that point as it shouldn't have been there unattended anyway. While I don't agree with interfering or moving someone else's property I do disagree with the notion that you can get to the cove real early and keep it all day without being there. The Nautical has "day traffic" that comes for the bar or lunch or dinner and without someplace to beach or moor the boats the Nautical loses business.
Now, if you're way down the lake in a secluded cove and go out and boat a little then come back and find someone else camped in your "spot" then it's different as you tried to get away from everyone else.
I've come into Steamboat Cove many times and seen the whole area in front of the BBQ's roped off with only one boat there early in the day with those folks "Expecting" their party many hours later. This is wrong. If a boat parks on the beach sets out a lawn chair and Eazy-Up then finds they need to make a quick run for a prop test or a short wake board or ski lap or two then they need to abide by the no mooring signs near the bathrooms and be polite to be off to the side. They should also leave a peep or two to indicate that they are coming back.
The lakes are crowded and we all need to get along and be polite.
Well that's my $0.02-1/2 worth.

MagicMtnDan
06-22-2004, 06:02 AM
You could always save a spot for your boat with your RV...
http://www.pinehollowlakeside.com/gallery/rv-parking/whups0162a.gif

Chris Winn
06-22-2004, 08:22 AM
Taking the time to find a safe spot for your boat at the Nautical?The Nautical is by far not the safest place for your boat. Thats the only place my boat has ever been damaged (more then once)or gone through by some punk a-hole. As far as common courtesy, I agree with you, its always better to assist someone else rather then argue with them. I have met alot of cool people over the years at the Nautical, that exact way. The fact is you and everyone else wanting to save your spaces is acting as more of a henderance on others then a courtesy. No one is allowed to save a space on the beach its hotel policy, so why do people think it is okay to do so, and then get irratted with someone who beaches in there spot. I just dont get it!!!! Its nothing against you or anyone else, but what makes it right to break the rules and then get angry at someone else for following them. They are parking there boat in a empty space becasue it is suppose to be first come first serve. Its pretty shitty the way some of those people act and start yelling and screaming when there the ones not following hotel policy, dont you think?
Jeff / 3DO
i can see your point as well, but i have also been there on the poker run weekends when the big guys have their spots on the beach, would you be willing to take them from them after their hard work to set them up?
Predator
Fountain people
Outerlimits
other Skaters
i was with deano when he arrived and we both worked to set up our spots next to each other to some-what keep our boats protected, and i wanted to park with the other Magic owners in the cove (in years past i have seen the signs during regattas for the brand only specific parking) so we could meet each other.
people have been parking for many years and holding their spots, i have respected theri spots and moved on to others, the guy who parked in our spot (under our canopy with full use of my rope) had other choices at the nautical in which to use (there were spots in the other coves), but chose to make a point with ours. we did ask very nicley and were greated very rudely by the people who took the spot, the place was full but he had other choices to park that were not marked
one point futher, i would be willing to pay a few bucks extra for a parking spot there. mabey this should be the next step at the nautical becuase i have seen man times where there is a double standard in place for the boats there that can save spots, and the security has looked both ways.
there are 2 sides to this to be sure, but until the nautical post a sign, pointing this out, people will save spots and there will be problems over this.
Chris

RiverDave
06-22-2004, 08:25 AM
Originally posted by little rowe boat
Ok here is another situation that happened last year.We had two boats in our group with about 12 peeps,we go down to the south end of the lake and find a small beach or cove, ( this is just one campsite )the ranger shows up and we pay our fees.Oh about noon or so another boat comes pulling up and unloads all of their people and ez-up and chairs and so on,no big thing as far as I was concerned there was plenty of room for all of us,I usually say the more the merrier. So I decide to take all the kids out and pull them around on the tube and I make a couple of slow passes by the beach so my sister can take some pics of her kids on the tube.I come back in and the guy with the other boat that showed up about noon meets me as I pull up and he politely says that he would prefer me not to pull the tube by the beach again,because his anchor might not hold,so I say sounds like you might need a bigger anchor,then he says no he doesn't need a bigger anchor,just for me to be a little more considerate.So I say I thought I was being considerate by allowing you to share our beach with us.He didn't like that so he gets a little upset and asks me if I am looking for trouble,so I hop out of the boat and tell him no I am not looking for trouble,but I am not going to allow someone to dictate what I will and will not do in our cove and if he did not like it he should leave,so that there would not be any trouble.Needless to say the spirit of friendliness and boating comraderie was out the window.He did not leave they stayed the rest of the afternoon and I did continue to pull the kids around in the cove.
Little Rowe Boat, I don't want to say anything... but after reading your story it kinda to me sounds like you were in the wrong here?
RD

Toomstone
06-22-2004, 10:42 AM
i was there this weekend and almost saw two fights. people just coming right in and parking in front of a canopy and not movin.if its not your canopy dont park there. in the end other people just had to make some room. no punches were thrown.

little rowe boat
06-22-2004, 11:11 AM
Little Rowe Boat, I don't want to say anything... but after reading your story it kinda to me sounds like you were in the wrong here?
RD
RD,you think I was in the wrong,Why?

MRS FLYIN VEE
06-22-2004, 11:14 AM
RD,you think I was in the wrong,Why?
I don't want to start a debate or an arguement but I don't feel you were in the wrong.. you payed your fee's for the day and you had the right to be there.. ;)

little rowe boat
06-22-2004, 11:19 AM
Originally posted by MRS FLYIN VEE
I don't want to start a debate or an arguement but I don't feel you were in the wrong.. you payed your fee's for the day and you had the right to be there.. ;)
Thats exactly how I feel,especially since it was just one campsite and we had paid for it.

MRS FLYIN VEE
06-22-2004, 11:28 AM
Thats exactly how I feel,especially since it was just one campsite and we had paid for it.
I agree.. you had more right then them.. ;)

hot_diggity_dog
06-22-2004, 11:29 AM
RD
So I say I thought I was being considerate by allowing you to share our beach with us.
This is right!!!!
but I am not going to allow someone to dictate what I will and will not do in our cove
This is wrong, it's not your cove
How about the old hey I just came in close to shore so my wife could get a picture, sorry dude let's tip a cold one when I return.
My .02
Hot (Believes the only spots that are saved are the ones being used) Diggity Dog:cool:

little rowe boat
06-22-2004, 11:31 AM
Originally posted by hot_diggity_dog
So I say I thought I was being considerate by allowing you to share our beach with us.
This is right!!!!
but I am not going to allow someone to dictate what I will and will not do in our cove
How about the old hey I just came in close to shore so my wife could get a picture, sorry dude let's tip a cold one when I return.
My .02
Hot (Believes the only spots that are saved are the ones being used) Diggity Dog:cool:
The way I see it it was our cove,it being a single campsite that we had paid for.

hd&boatrider
06-22-2004, 11:34 AM
I have to say I agree with HDD on this one.
Originally posted by hot_diggity_dog
This is right!!!!
My .02

little rowe boat
06-22-2004, 11:36 AM
I probably would have gone over to speak with him,after I had my boat tied off,but when he got pissy,I got pissy.

SHAKE-YO-AZZ
06-22-2004, 11:39 AM
just my .02
Very well put 3DO:cool:

Moe_Havi
06-22-2004, 11:43 AM
Originally posted by J540
10/4 when i stay there i would love to have a spot when i get back from a 3hr tour to channel then to sandbar for 3more hr then to moabi/topock..keep dreaming;) aint gona happen. drain plug idea is funny. :D but my air drill works under water:cool: and i always have my dive gear with me, and with a 3/4" bit that persons boat would look like swisscheezzz on the bottom:D :D .but i do appreciate when people help make room so you can park, in stead of looking at you like f***you this is all ours.f*** that
Now we're all assholes...pull plugs, drill holes, leave box anchores just under the water.
What a great attitude from "the good element" on these boards. It's a good thing all those scumbag, gangsters, getto dwellers, who can't afford a decent tub of shit but polute our pristine river don't read about how all the sophisticated high rollers act. Again... sure miss the old days.
Moe

hd&boatrider
06-22-2004, 11:47 AM
Originally posted by Moe_Havi
Now we're all assholes...pull plugs, drill holes, leave box anchores just under the water.
What a great attitude from "the good element" on these boards. It's a good thing all those scumbag, gangsters, getto dwellers, who can't afford a decent tub of shit but polute our pristine river don't read about how all the sophisticated high rollers act. Again... sure miss the old days.
Moe
I am hoping they were just kidding...You were right J540?

Moe_Havi
06-22-2004, 12:01 PM
I just don't think is is right to even talk about pulling plugs and drilling holes, even in jest. There's always somebody... Why give any ideas.
I know I wouldn't like to find my boat, something I worked a damn long time for, at the bottom of Nautical Cove because somebody thinks I took their spot. I could have just rolled in from Iowa to the Nautical and they told me at the desk there were no saved spots.
We should promote boating as a healthy recreation...booze excluded of course. Sorry to ramble.

91nordic29
06-22-2004, 12:10 PM
Originally posted by MRS FLYIN VEE
that's right. you pay for the use of that campsite/cove whether you stay overnight in it or not. therefore, technically, it is your space.:cool:

Essex502
06-22-2004, 12:12 PM
Why did you wait until the Rangers got there to pay your fees? I see this every time we are in Steamboat Cove...people only pay the fees if the Ranger shows up. Some even leave instead of paying the fees.

91nordic29
06-22-2004, 12:13 PM
from what i understand, the rangers come around once or twice a day and collect the fees. they have been doing that for years.

hot_diggity_dog
06-22-2004, 12:40 PM
I probably would have gone over to speak with him,after I had my boat tied off,but when he got pissy,I got pissy.
Two wrongs don't make a right!;)
HDD:cool:

Ducatista
06-22-2004, 12:44 PM
Originally posted by Essex502
Why did you wait until the Rangers got there to pay your fees? I see this every time we are in Steamboat Cove...people only pay the fees if the Ranger shows up. Some even leave instead of paying the fees.
I see that alot there too, we kinda laugh. I don't mind paying the small fee, which is good for 6 people, it goes to a good cause. :cool:

little rowe boat
06-22-2004, 12:46 PM
I am pretty easy to get along with, and I don't look for trouble.The way I felt that day was that this guy shows up in a cove that I had paid for the use of and is telling me what I can and can't do.What I would do today is go track down the ranger and have him removed from the cove.

Floatin'
06-22-2004, 01:42 PM
Originally posted by framer1
Should you be able to save a spot for a friend at the channel? If so how long? I didn't do it I just ran into that problem this weekend. Also it was really hard to find a spot. Your thoughts.
I say yes you can save a spot for a friend in the channel, case in point, I go to the channel with another boat and after hanging out for a while one of us wants to go for a ski run, so while they are out skiing I save their spot for them, as far as how long an hour or so seems reasonable.

RiverDave
06-22-2004, 01:48 PM
Shit I didn't know you could rent out entire coves up in Havi?
Kinda changes my whole theory on that deal. I was under the impression that it was open to everyone all the time?
I do agree with HDD though, I'm more about trying to difuse a situation then go the other way with it.
RD

Krumbsnatcher
06-22-2004, 01:53 PM
hello Dean,
that was messed up of the people to do that, remeber they were parked under my awning and sitting in the shade that i provided (and got there early on thursday in order to hold that spot for my boat)
this was the 1st time that someone had not moved for us when advised that it was our spot, they were ven rude to my wife who had not said even a word yet (the boat owners wife called her a skinny little bitch for no reason, but i would ratehr have a skinny bitch than the woman he was suck with!!!)
but that was a very screwed up situation, and the owner of the HTM knows who they are and that they did not win any friends over that day, and they will be remembered the next time they decide to float up!
those people had he gall to pull up under my canopy and use my spot, then when they were very nicly asked, they told us to F*ck off, just not cool.......
Chris
Were they from the 909? or that portrayal type? I keep telling you the only good thing about the nautical is that we can park our boats via anchor off shore and swim up and have a few. The second best thing is being able to leave.
My house is allways open bud.

little rowe boat
06-22-2004, 02:03 PM
Shit I didn't know you could rent out entire coves up in Havi?
Kinda changes my whole theory on that deal. I was under the impression that it was open to everyone all the time?
I do agree with HDD though, I'm more about trying to difuse a situation then go the other way with it.
RD
Yes they are campsites,depending on the cove/size of the beach,sometimes there is one campsite on smaller beaches and several campsites on larger beaches,when the ranger comes by you pay the day use or overnite campsite fee.

Chris Winn
06-22-2004, 02:30 PM
Originally posted by Krumbsnatcher
Chris
Were they from the 909? or that portrayal type? I keep telling you the only good thing about the nautical is that we can park our boats via anchor off shore and swim up and have a few. The second best thing is being able to leave.
thanks JJ,
yeah it was messed up, Michelle was there to see the whole thing. we would have stayed at your place that night but there were some other circumstances playing out with the family........
there is always next time, i think that we will be back the wekend of the 9th in July.
i will call you today to go over the other deal.....

My Man's Sportin' Wood
06-22-2004, 02:34 PM
Chris
Damn now its a 909 thing? Good thing the area code is changing, I would never want to be associated with a bad area code:rolleyes: whoops I guess the late 70's jetboat and single wide river house might still give me away:D
http://home.mchsi.com/~angieknoll/you_might_be_a_redneck.jpeg

J540
06-22-2004, 02:41 PM
Originally posted by hd&boatrider
I am hoping they were just kidding...You were right J540?
Iam play'n i would'nt do that, but ther are some that mite.just like road rage next thing you know there is gun fire, so we all need to watch how we talk to one another you mite get some one from L.A. westSIDE or some drunk di*k who has to be the big man then you got a big prob, like some said let it go, it is nice to come back to your spot but thats not going to happen all the time. maybe a few nice and friendly words mite help make some room. but dont expect it.

77charger
06-22-2004, 04:22 PM
Originally posted by Floatin'
I say yes you can save a spot for a friend in the channel, case in point, I go to the channel with another boat and after hanging out for a while one of us wants to go for a ski run, so while they are out skiing I save their spot for them, as far as how long an hour or so seems reasonable.
That is a bunch of bs IMO if you leave you lose it.There are many people who want to pull up on shore for a period of time and leave.It sucks to go there and hang for a 1/2 hour or so only to see asses saying when you pull up it is saved for a friend when he aint around(i can see giving a ride across the channel and come right back but for an hour).If you do that at least move your boats to take two spaces.

RiverToysJas
06-22-2004, 04:28 PM
Originally posted by 77charger
That is a bunch of bs IMO if you leave you lose it..
I agree, you leave, you loose it. Simple as that.
RTJas :D

77charger
06-22-2004, 04:38 PM
When i go to the river now i cant believe how greedy most boaters are with this spot saving crap.Like i said earlier if you are at a campground leaving anchor is fine provided the beach or shore aint overcrowded and ancoring still avialible,Where i was at this weekend people left their shades up and anchors out but there was still plenty of spots left.
I just get pissed to go anywhere now only to see everything roped off,beaches taken up,anchor floats everywhere,and no one to be seen all day.I go to glamis and you cant even get a good spot unless you have a friend go early and rope every site off and then leave thier trailers and diesel pushers there til next week with no one in sight.What do people want a spot at the bridge,nautical,their so called cove,or wherever else.How the Fock can you be at all places at once.
Beaches,bridge,are cool spots to stop for a few so dont leave your crap all weekend there let others enjoy too

Debbolas
06-22-2004, 05:35 PM
Chris
Please explain what the "909" portrayal type is.................
At Park Moabi, you rent the campsites and the beach. If we have a huge beach, and people beach their boat there for awhile, no biggie. The guy on the quad will come by to collect a fee from you, and you may have to go to the day use beach.

RiverToysJas
06-22-2004, 05:55 PM
Originally posted by Debbolas
Please explain what the "909" portrayal type is.................
Does this help?
or maybe this...
http://members.aol.com/lafimprov/cletus.jpg
Pictures are worth a thousand words! ;)

Debbolas
06-22-2004, 06:04 PM
It's ok RT, I grew up in Huntington Beach, I understand the pre-concieved notions you all have about us good ole folk. Ya know, the folk over there in Fontucky, are real nice! Some of them even have all their teeth, well, they are in a jar, but hell, they have their teeth. Thats somethin, ain't it?!
LOL:D

little rowe boat
06-22-2004, 07:41 PM
Originally posted by RiverToysJas
Does this help?
or maybe this...
http://members.aol.com/lafimprov/cletus.jpg
Pictures are worth a thousand words! ;)
I know how you feel,I grew up in LA county and we felt the same way about the low lifes from the OC.Now living in the IE.when I flush my toilet, I give my best to the OC.:D

Debbolas
06-22-2004, 07:44 PM
I know how you feel,I grew up in LA county and we felt the same way about the low lifes from the OC.Now living in the IE.when I flush my toilet, I give my best to the OC.:D
LOL! That smelly plant off the 405 that dumps "treated" water into the Santa Ana river......LOL;)

91nordic29
06-23-2004, 07:12 AM
Originally posted by 77charger
When i go to the river now i cant believe how greedy most boaters are with this spot saving crap.Like i said earlier if you are at a campground leaving anchor is fine provided the beach or shore aint overcrowded and ancoring still avialible,Where i was at this weekend people left their shades up and anchors out but there was still plenty of spots left.
I just get pissed to go anywhere now only to see everything roped off,beaches taken up,anchor floats everywhere,and no one to be seen all day.I go to glamis and you cant even get a good spot unless you have a friend go early and rope every site off and then leave thier trailers and diesel pushers there til next week with no one in sight.What do people want a spot at the bridge,nautical,their so called cove,or wherever else.How the Fock can you be at all places at once.
Beaches,bridge,are cool spots to stop for a few so dont leave your crap all weekend there let others enjoy too
EXACTLY!

Chris Winn
06-23-2004, 07:32 AM
i think that this has gone a bit far.....
the main point was that we had gotten to the cove at the nautical early, we (and there are alot of us) have paid over $10k each for the "ownership" deal at the nautical, now that does not denote that we own any stretch of the beach but does show that we have alot invested in staying there.
i have never asked for a spot o be held in the channel, sandbar, cove anywhere in havasu or anywhere else. but when i stay atthe nuatical there is a large population that does hold their spots (90%+), and we get make the sacrafices and do what it takes to get there early in order to do so. therefore there should be something for the earlybird.
if i am not in the spot and someone wants to pull in and relax, i have no problem with that, sit right there and enjoy your self (i have never said that one else could use it!!!). but and the end of the day when i return, i would like to have the courtasy of my spot being returned to me, i do not think that that is rude or too much to ask.
i have never said that i own or have any right to anything there, but when we work to get a good spot, is it too much to ask for other to find their own????
would you take Predators or one of the outerlimits guy's spots???

hot_diggity_dog
06-23-2004, 07:57 AM
if i am not in the spot and someone wants to pull in and relax, i have no problem with that, sit right there and enjoy your self (i have never said that one else could use it!!!). but and the end of the day when i return, i would like to have the courtasy of my spot being returned to me, i do not think that that is rude or too much to ask.
I agree with you but hardly anyone knows the unwritten rules there!
Like I was saying to Deano a little sign on your EZ up might help?
You could alway's hang a sign off your EZ-Up (laminated so it doesn't get wet)
Hello fellow Boater and Nautical guest:
Please feel free to enjoy my shade while I take my boat out on the lake for a spin.
I will be back and mooring my boat in this spot . So if you see a boat coming straight at ya, you need to move out of the way.
Thanks for you cooperation and let's tip a cold one!
Signed 29 Magic
I sure would and I did at the Poker run.
Here's a picture of me enjoying someone elses shade while there gone.
And Yes I would have left if they came back!:rolleyes:
http://www.riverratlife.com/uploads/hdd/Poker%20run%2010.4.03/104-0477_IMG.jpg
HDD:cool:

Three Days Only
06-23-2004, 08:04 AM
God for bid somebody takes Gary Smiths spot. He's a person just like the rest of us.

RiverDave
06-23-2004, 09:40 AM
God for bid somebody takes Gary Smiths spot. He's a person just like the rest of us.
Man you shoulda seen some of the looks I got when I beached my little 22 Nordic in the Cove at the Nautical during the heatwave.. LOL :D
RD

That Guy
06-23-2004, 10:05 AM
That was my thought exactly. Should these guys with bigger boats get special consideration.....of course not. Everyone just needs to chill and be considerate.

Chris Winn
06-23-2004, 03:48 PM
i really do agree with you guys on that, i just didn't see the need for the guy to be rude and his wife threten to cuase harm to my wife (that was really immature)
i really like HDD's idea, but this was just a one time occurance, in all of the years that i been benn going to havasu (10+) this was the 1st time someone really was short sighted about it.
let the good times happen.....

mickeyfinn
06-23-2004, 03:56 PM
I can't believe this thread has gone on for this long. Things must be a lot different out west. The lakes here have there busy spots just like every where else and if you leave you lose. If you want to go somewhere and expect your spot to be there later then go rent a slip. If you leave your stuff unattended here you are lucky if you come back and find someone has taken it over. Cause it is just as likely you will come back and it will be gone completely.