PDA

View Full Version : camshaft question

Jr. bentpipes
06-21-2004, 07:06 AM
I had a unfortunate problem with my engine,and I am going to have to replace the cam,was wondering if anybody uses tha 7/4 swap firing order camshaft? I thought I would try something differnt wondering if somebody else has or know anything about them?

smalls
06-21-2004, 07:13 AM
The 5/8 swap works even better than the 4/7 swap. Come on.....
There is horsey power to be had doing the 4/7 swap.

Jetboatguru
06-21-2004, 07:37 AM
How much power is to be found on the 4/7 swap Smalley?
And do you think it will translate into et at the lake?
I am running the 4/7 deal and can tell you that it doesn't make a difference at the Lake. It would nt even make a difference at the track. On the dyno you will see some gains but not enough to notice anything at the Lake.

smalls
06-21-2004, 08:17 AM
What did ya gain on the Dyno 10 or so hp JetGu?
Ya its like cherry picken.... How about shaft rockers??????

SUI-CY-COLE
06-21-2004, 12:42 PM
hey jr.im sure it makes a difference but like guru says unless your racing it with the lights youll see a difference or on a dyno.otherwise if you buy one you wont be dissapointed it wont hurt ya,but not much to gain either.CUT THE MULLET!!!!

smalls
06-21-2004, 01:10 PM
Originally posted by SUI-CY-COLE
hey jr.im sure it makes a difference but like guru says unless your racing it with the lights youll see a difference or on a dyno.otherwise if you buy one you wont be dissapointed it wont hurt ya,but not much to gain either.CUT THE MULLET!!!!
Sweeet boat is all I can say to you OG MB, Come on...
Keep the Mullet!

flat broke
06-21-2004, 02:07 PM
The swipity swapity is worth a few HP. The question isn't should you do it, the question is... What other little tricks that don't cost any/much more when you're ordering up new/custom parts can you employ to grab some extra HP? A little here, a little there, and next thing you know, you CAN feel/see the difference.
Chris

SUI-CY-COLE
06-21-2004, 08:48 PM
thanx smalls! its been a lot of work!..if i only can get it to run like yours,'AT LEAST ON THE MOTOR" id be very happy..but thanx again.....it was cool b.s.in the cove saturday morning..........see ya next time....rich

Sangster
06-21-2004, 08:52 PM
Rich......BAD ASS BOAT....... BETTER AVATAR.......:cool: :cool: :cool:

SUI-CY-COLE
06-21-2004, 09:02 PM
thanx dude....i love the avatar also!!!!im glad everyone was a good sport saturday mornin.jeff is a cool dude......you going to berryessa on the 4th?

lucky
06-22-2004, 06:04 AM
ok you v drive freaks -
I have a solid roller in mine - 719 lift - 114 lobes comp custom- the boat is a howard cruiser 468 aluminum headed cheby girdled - bla bla bla - it well built -- question this weekend i developed a miss and clank - - I knew it was valve train related - - I have two questions - I found my problem ( whew ) I lost a rocker retainer ( c clip on pivot ) no damage other than the 39 cent clip - what would cause the side load on the rocker to create this problem ( crane gold rockers ) for more info - I run tripple springs with 350lbs of seat pressure - which leads me to my second question - what type of schuedule are you big cruiser - cammer guy keeping for valve maintence? I know there are bigger mottas out there - and wondering about seat wear ( longevity ? I set my valves up early this year , and since i have built this boat - it has only made it out last aug and this year - ( less than 4 hours of run time . So after this valve adjust - I starting to think of how i use this boat and what type of maintence i should be using - average rpm cruiseing with family - 2500- 4000 - I don't want to run the engine over 7 grand - but it's built for 8000 + It will rarely see that ( very rarely ) so comments and smart butt comments - welcome :eek: :cool: