PDA

View Full Version : Gullwings everywhere!

djdtpr
06-21-2004, 08:52 AM
Last weekend we went to Big river to go to big Al's v drive regatta and we saw more gullwings than i think i have ever seen in one place.We must have seen 6-8 of them and a couple even had biminie tops.Then on sunday we went down to blythe so we could run the 300 lb gullwing we were in and we must have seen 5 more of them down there.Iwas blown away i just had never seen so many in one weekend.
P.S Hey Wrightnow we saw you on sat but the water was to rough to try and chase u down.Was the red gullwing that was along side you with you guys?

wrightnow
06-21-2004, 09:06 AM
Dam, sorry we missed you last weekend, We had some freinds down and they wanted to spend most of the time on the water so I didn't get to spend must time as Al's event.
But It does seem to be a lot of CP around this year, we are taking over....lol The red 19cp was not part of our group, he just came up on me with a full boat and wanted to race...right But I did meet up with him on Sunday and he had just purchase the boat that friday and this was his first weekend....
Mark

djdtpr
06-21-2004, 09:26 AM
Ya when we saw you he had pulled up on you and you had a boat full 4-5 people i think and he looked like he wanted to run you but i think he had a couple of people to.So how did his boat run?we ran into him sat when he was taking his boat out he was alone and so was my buddy Jason and he didnt want to run him.Oh well it was still good times.

bigriverdog
06-21-2004, 12:29 PM
Hey Mark, I tried to run you down too, when you were headed south on Saturday. Didn't see ya back up river till almost dark. You didn't miss much, there were so many boats and pwc's that the water was tore up all day. I went buy and yelled at you at the rv park. I was in the family boat "the old school Hallett day cruiser white/blue.
I was on the beach next to the guy with the red CP. It's a 468 @ 12-1, you have him way covered.
WE will run into each other some day.

bigriverdog
06-21-2004, 12:31 PM
Hey DJ, Do you own the white/blue Place with what appears to be a giant turbo motor.

djdtpr
06-21-2004, 01:33 PM
Bigriverdog no i have a black and brown placecraft tunnel with a blown chevy.The boat i think you are talking about was a blue and white southwind tunnel with a twin turbo setup.It was not a bad running boat but that guy sure beats the hell out of it!We were anchored off at the regatta in a light blue and white gullwing with a blown chevy.

bigriverdog
06-21-2004, 03:45 PM
I saw the boat you were in. I was in the old Hallet cruiser white/blue. You were right about that turboed boat it was under pressure every time I saw it.
We will have to exchange some notes. My son in law is building a psi blown motor for his placecraft tunnel. I'm helping with the rigging and set up and would love some input.

djdtpr
06-21-2004, 03:58 PM
Off the top of my head i cant remember how far forward the motor is but the pump has been set back a total of 4 1/2 inches.I had Jack at mpd do the pump work.If there is anything i might be able to help you with give me a holler.

bigriverdog
06-21-2004, 04:40 PM
Thanks DJ, Just let me know if I become a pest.

Nucking futs
06-21-2004, 07:29 PM
That southwind runs good but the guy is a little hard on her.:cool:
There is another all blue one in parker that flat huals ass.If your ever in parker look him up.California side 1/2 mile up from badnochs.:D

moneysucker
06-22-2004, 10:59 AM
I think that southwind is from my neck of the woods here. I don't think that there could be too many twin turbo Southwinds out there.

FOURQ
06-22-2004, 12:11 PM
:rolleyes:

djdtpr
06-22-2004, 01:35 PM
It was a pretty cool looking set up.I told my buddy if i ever get rid of my placecraft i would probably look for a southwind tunnel.The guy that had that one there told me that all the turbo setup was home built it looked pretty good for a home built setup and ran good to.Accept for the water in the oil.

Petrofied
06-22-2004, 03:27 PM
That white/ Blue southwind is a friend of mine, His name is Todd Lenke and is from SanDiego. It should haul ass if he ever gets it figured out. If he does'nt still looks real cool. :)

djdtpr
06-22-2004, 08:19 PM
Originally posted by Petrofied
That white/ Blue southwind is a friend of mine, His name is Todd Lenke and is from SanDiego. It should haul ass if he ever gets it figured out. If he does'nt still looks real cool. :)
Ididnt take a real close look at it what is he running for carbs or is it injected?

Petrofied
06-22-2004, 11:26 PM
Twin turbo with EFI.