PDA

View Full Version : Berryessa Question

NorCalCat
06-21-2004, 09:55 AM
Can someone help me here. I have only used Lake Berryessa for day use. What camp site is a good one. We will have kids with us and woul dlike to be able to leave the boat in the water over night. Any lakefront sites? Bouy/anchor the boat off the camp site?

Boatmaster
06-21-2004, 10:44 AM
NCC do your homework I have heard from MANY customers that Berryessa, caming, big weekends and kids are a bad mix. Just happens to be alot of Jack Asses in most of the campgrounds. I do not know first hand, but always hear the stories. Hell just leave a day early and head to Shasta. I take it this means your motor is good to go!:D

NorCalCat
06-21-2004, 10:52 AM
Ya, I am picking it up on Wednesday and heading to the Delta this weekend. I'd love to make the Shasta trip again, however, there is another family going and just want to chill. Were going to Clear Lake, but they are all booked up. I know Berryessa is not the best kid lake, just running out of ideas and we hav ealready committed to the other family.
Any ideas?

Boatmaster
06-21-2004, 11:01 AM
What day are you going out this weekend. The wife and I will be out on Sunday in the new ride, so we can get it of the lift and on the trailer. Leaving with the little one for Shasta on Tuesday night.

NorCalCat
06-21-2004, 11:07 AM
Originally posted by Boatmaster
What day are you going out this weekend. The wife and I will be out on Sunday in the new ride, so we can get it of the lift and on the trailer. Leaving with the little one for Shasta on Tuesday night.
I am heading out with the guys on Saturday, and Sunday with my wife and kids. Where are you going to be?
I am thinking Saturday, Garlic Brothers. And Sunday launch at B&W. Not far form Disco Bay...
You know anything about Lake Nacimiento?

Boatmaster
06-21-2004, 11:21 AM
I've never been to Lak Nac but have heard alot of positive reports. I'll keep an eye out for you on Sunday. All my deals came together last week so I will be in the Skater for the first true outing. I took my daughter to breakfast on Saturday at Orwood, but it was just a short trip.

Hermosa
06-21-2004, 11:56 AM
I just spent 3 days at Steele Park Resort, they have camp sites and rooms right on the lake for $130.00 a night (hotel room price, not sure of the camping prices.) I put the boat in, and keep it at the dock in front of the hotel. I like to stay there during the week, this wekend wasn't bad, we had fun. I like that place the best on Berryessa, doesn't seem as crowded as the other places. The number for Steele Park is 707-966-2123.

Dave C
06-21-2004, 12:58 PM
I second Steele Park.
we go there all the time.

NorCalCat
06-21-2004, 01:00 PM
Originally posted by Dave C
I second Steele Park.
we go there all the time.
What is you thoughts with kids. Ok place. I am hearing that it is an adult Lake.
True or not?

Froggystyle
06-21-2004, 01:01 PM
If you are tent camping, screw the campgrounds and find a nice cove.
I grew up camping on Berryessa, and the only jackasses were ones we brought, since we were all by ourselves!
Gorgeous lake, great water, good facilities etc... I hate campgrounds anyway.

NorCalCat
06-21-2004, 01:09 PM
Originally posted by Froggystyle
If you are tent camping, screw the campgrounds and find a nice cove.
I grew up camping on Berryessa, and the only jackasses were ones we brought, since we were all by ourselves!
Gorgeous lake, great water, good facilities etc... I hate campgrounds anyway.
We have a bunch of kids (4) would love to boat in and camp, but not happening this time. We are tent camping. It sounds like Steele Park is the best bet, ha?

Oldsquirt
06-21-2004, 02:03 PM
Originally posted by NorCalCat
What is you thoughts with kids. Ok place. I am hearing that it is an adult Lake.
True or not?
Not true. All, or most, of the "adult" behaviour takes place at the north end of the lake near Putah Creek Resort. During the week it is about as family friendly all over the lake as you could ask.
Steele Park has the nicest facilities by far. Unfortunately, they do not allow tent camping except in conjunction with a motorhome. My second choice for camping would probably be Spanish Flat which is just across the cove from Steele Park. No problem anchoring your boat at your site overnight.

Dave C
06-22-2004, 08:19 AM
Norcal,
Oldsquirt is 100% correct.
we bring our rug rat. No problem.
If you are concerned about the behavior stay away from the bridge on a holiday weekend. There are plenty of other places to go.
Steele Park & Spanish flats cater to a slightly different, shall we say, clientele.;) All motorhomes or permanent residents.
Don't go to Putah creek Resort or Rancho Monticello. At least not with your kids!;)

Cas
06-22-2004, 08:23 AM
Oldsquirt is right, Steele Park doesn't allow tent camping unless you have and RV also.
Spanish Flat has some decent sites, if available, but there are other sites there that are pretty much on the road.
The other lake you might check out is Don Pedro, there's 3 pretty nice campgrounds along with boat in camping all over the lake.
Oroville is a really nice lake but I'm not sure there's any campgrounds on the water.

Ms. AquaBoogie1
06-22-2004, 08:56 AM
I second Spanish Flat. We stayed there a couple of weeks ago, and were able to leave the boat in the water. It was only about 10 steps from our tent to the water. Very nice, and family oriented!:D :cool:

NorCalCat
06-22-2004, 09:08 AM
Originally posted by Ms. AquaBoogie1
I second Spanish Flat. We stayed there a couple of weeks ago, and were able to leave the boat in the water. It was only about 10 steps from our tent to the water. Very nice, and family oriented!:D :cool:
Do you remember the site #

Ms. AquaBoogie1
06-22-2004, 09:11 AM
Do you remember the site #
Yeah it was #17.....also very close to the Marina Store, gas, etc.

NorCalCat
06-22-2004, 09:17 AM
Yeah it was #17.....also very close to the Marina Store, gas, etc.
FULL! Any other suggestions?

NorCalCat
06-22-2004, 09:47 AM
Which one would you camp at. Lake Berryessa Marina or Pleasure Cove? Is there a long 5 mph area at Pleasure cove?

Ms. AquaBoogie1
06-22-2004, 10:05 AM
Which one would you camp at. Lake Berryessa Marina or Pleasure Cove? Is there a long 5 mph area at Pleasure cove?
I think Pleasure cove is the area that has the LONGGGGG 5 MPH, it took us forever. Also Marina I'm not sure if you can leave your boat in the water. the Mr. said try Putah Creek, not to sure if you can leave it in the water though. Is Spanish Flat all booked up, or just that #?

NorCalCat
06-22-2004, 10:08 AM
I think Pleasure cove is the area that has the LONGGGGG 5 MPH, it took us forever. Also Marina I'm not sure if you can leave your boat in the water. the Mr. said try Putah Creek, not to sure if you can leave it in the water though. Is Spanish Flat all booked up, or just that #?
All booked. School is out, I forgot. Need to be selective as we are bringing the little ones with us. Putah is way too rowdy.

Ms. AquaBoogie1
06-22-2004, 10:13 AM
Well good luck NorCalCat.......I'm all idea'd out. Have fun!! Let me know where you end up staying.;) :D

lucky
06-22-2004, 01:49 PM
Ya, I am picking it up on Wednesday and heading to the Delta this weekend. I'd love to make the Shasta trip again, however, there is another family going and just want to chill. Were going to Clear Lake, but they are all booked up. I know Berryessa is not the best kid lake, just running out of ideas and we hav ealready committed to the other family.
Any ideas? IF YOU WANT I'LL PULL CAMP GROUNDS FOR YOU - MY PARENTS HAVE A PRIVATE CAMP GROUND ABOUT 10MINUTES AWAY OFF OF THE LAKE BUT RIGHT ON A REALLY NEAT RIVER - BATHROOMS ONLY - VERY PRIVATE FOR HOME OWNERS FAMILY'S ONLY ( OR GUEST ) BUT YOU WOULD HAVE TO HANG OUT WITH US BOATING FOR A FEW HOURS OR AT LEAST A DRINK AT KONOCTI :wink: PM ME IF YOU WANT - CHRIS

acatitude
06-22-2004, 09:05 PM
ok so if there are a bunch or berryessa lovers plan a trip a weekend after 4th and lets do it cas whats this I hear about tower running us out????/ please respond with info

Cas
06-22-2004, 09:45 PM
not running us out, they decided to change the rules on us by not allowing tent caming anymore. Kind of ticked me off since we had 45 campsites reserved and paid for.
Oh well, change is sometimes good.....we'll be staying at Tiki Lagun now. Speaking of which, I need you to get caught up on the info. It's all on the LBBA message boards.

QuickJet
06-23-2004, 08:44 AM
Actually Markley has the longest 5mph zone. Last I checked pleasure cove was still closed.

acatitude
06-23-2004, 08:09 PM
ok CAS I WANT A MOTOR HOME SITE IF AVAILABLE IVE DROVE BY tiki in boat but never by land . are there slips??? whats a m.h. cost me for weekend? do I need to send more money. I know ques ques but I,m working in redding so I,m not home much. Hope to have new boat by then also as I sold my cat

Cas
06-23-2004, 10:25 PM
Ken,
I don't mind the questions, it's just that most have been answered already on the Laid Back Board. I really don't want to be posting the same stuff on all the boards so I'm trying to keep it all in one place. Click the link in my signature and head over there, lots of info on what's going on and what's available. I'm also going to be posting quite a few pictures in the next couple of days.

acatitude
06-24-2004, 08:30 PM
Great Cas now I need to be high tech just to find out all this info, man your tough on an old non puter type lol well Ill be there one way or another and you will want more money so you will email me with info as you always do lol, oh and I appreciate that

Cas
06-24-2004, 10:25 PM
Click this- Laid Back forum (http://pub58.ezboard.com/bclassic***boats)