PDA

View Full Version : what do you guys think

MRS FLYIN VEE
06-21-2004, 01:13 PM
I just found out that while going through the channel.. some jerk was spraying boater'sin the face while driving through there with a water canon.. what the hell are people thinking.. that is just so damn stupid.. don't they realize that people can hurt someone or kill them when they can't see because of the water in their face.. sorry for the rant but this really pisses me off.. what happen to boating safety out on the water.. dumn asses..:mad: :mad:

dicudmore
06-21-2004, 01:16 PM
I think its way wrong and I'd be VERY pissed off I got sprayed while driving, especially on a high traffic day.....
Would probably go back, get the pontoon boat and make right with the person.

MRS FLYIN VEE
06-21-2004, 01:18 PM
it's one thing to spray people but in the drivers face.. damn I am pissed and it wasn't even me.. :mad: it was Jamie and DCB.. WTF.. they were both in separate boats.. it's just stupid and unsafe.

BADBLOWN572
06-21-2004, 01:19 PM
They are doing that all the time now. It is not uncommon. Usually it is a water war with someone on the other side of the channel and they spray over the top of the other boats. Whenever I see it, I make sure that I inform them that I do not want them spraying me or my boat. I went sideways on someone that did it one time after I told them no. If I wanted to be sprayed in the face or have someone spray my boat, I would ask for it.

Some Kind Of Monster
06-21-2004, 01:19 PM
Hmm, I'm thinking "Rooster Tail Revenge"

Bre
06-21-2004, 01:20 PM
How about when you are at the sandbar and kids are squirting their water guns at each other over your boat..one kid on one side and one on the other:eek: and you have a one year old inside the boat trying to sleep. I asked the kids to stop and told them why... but they cont. to do it. The parents were watching and everything. We woke Kendall up and moved up through the gorge a bit:p

rivercrazy
One of my speakers took a pretty good shot from one of those idiots. I just avoid the channel these days. Way too many idiots like to hang out there:p

MRS FLYIN VEE
Originally posted by BADBLOWN572
They are doing that all the time now. It is not uncommon. Usually it is a water war with someone on the other side of the channel and they spray over the top of the other boats. Whenever I see it, I make sure that I inform them that I do not want them spraying me or my boat. I went sideways on someone that did it one time after I told them no. If I wanted to be sprayed in the face or have someone spray my boat, I would ask for it.
they were told not to and the ass did it anyway.. :mad:

dicudmore
that is circumstance depending also.....
for instance if some lady in one of these shot me http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/71930-thumb.JPG
then I would know it was all in fun and I'd pull over and have a beer....
Otherwise, coming back with the sharpened pontoon :D

Sun burners
06-21-2004, 01:22 PM
I saw that Saturday afternoon,
Then what I saw next was the JET BOAT getting even, and then some
ALOT MORE WATER FROM THE JET BOAT THEN THE water cannon!

Bre
06-21-2004, 01:23 PM
Originally posted by rivercrazy
One of my speakers took a pretty good shot from one of those idiots. I just avoid the channel these days. Way too many idiots like to hang out there:p
We haven't been in the channel in about a month or so:cool: Andy wants to go through there...but it is always way too crowded. I'm more about finding a sandy spot for the kids to play on w/out all the idiots around us;)

Ziggy
They sprayed me too(and my radio cover was open at the moment too).....after going by them I was parked and you could see all the nice boats all spotted up from the spray.
The LE did step in after a little while but it had gone on for at least an hour after I got sprayed, who knows how long before that.
Dumb a s s e s is right
:rolleyes:

MRS FLYIN VEE
the ass was sittin on shore with about 10 other asses and shot them from there.. I hate people that do stuff like that because they are with other people. do it by yourself and see what TF happens.:mad:

RiverDave
06-21-2004, 01:24 PM
The same guy hit us as well, and while we didn't appreciate it much.. We just shrugged it off as "It's a boat, it can get wet."
RD

Ducatista
06-21-2004, 01:25 PM
That sounds like the Saturday crowd....I hope LE writes them up when they see that crap going down. Or at least gives them a warning and saftey/doc check, odds are they'll usually fail something.

MRS FLYIN VEE
06-21-2004, 01:26 PM
Originally posted by RiverDave
The same guy hit us as well, and while we didn't appreciate it much.. We just shrugged it off as "It's a boat, it can get wet."
RD
Dave what about getting sprayed directly in the face.. and what about the speakers ,camara's, and stuff that can't get wet.. :confused:

OutCole'd
06-21-2004, 01:27 PM
I was leaving the Channel on Saturday. There was a group of about 10 guys a few boats down spraying everyone. While I was backing out, I made eye contact with one of the idiots and asked not to be sprayed. He gave me a stupid look ( the only one he had). While I was driving away, sure enough, I get hit with a light sprayin the back just cause it was funny.:mad: :mad:
Now I am staying away from the Channel & the Nautical. Is there anyplace without idiots anymore???
I love boating, just hate a holes.

Ziggy
06-21-2004, 01:27 PM
Originally posted by Sun burners
I saw that....bbbrrrraaaapp, one quick rev shot, diverter up and turned to the shore.

dicudmore
06-21-2004, 01:28 PM
Originally posted by OutCole'd
I was leaving the Channel on Saturday. There was a group of about 10 guys a few boats down spraying everyone. While I was backing out, I made eye contact with one of the idiots and asked not to be sprayed. He gave me a stupid look ( the only one he had). While I was driving away, sure enough, I get hit with a light sprayin the back just cause it was funny.:mad: :mad:
Now I am staying away from the Channel & the Nautical. Is there anyplace without idiots anymore???
I love boating, just hate a holes.
We had a great time sat. for the lvhb regatta, wish you had joined us :cool:

OutCole'd
06-21-2004, 01:30 PM
Originally posted by dicudmore
We had a great time sat. for the lvhb regatta, wish you had joined us :cool:
Me too.:D

Ducatista
06-21-2004, 01:31 PM
RD
That is a good attitude to have, and yes boats get wet. It's the amps, spkrs, cell phones and other stuff that don't like the H20. I find that sort of "fun" to be a little irritating, but shrug it off as well.

JetBoatRich
06-21-2004, 01:33 PM
Best way to get even I guess:D either that or they think it is all in fun and start spraying more people:frown:

BADBLOWN572
06-21-2004, 01:38 PM
Originally posted by MRS FLYIN VEE
they were told not to and the ass did it anyway.. :mad:
Last time that happened to me, I was extremely upset. :mad: :mad: :mad: The guy that sprayed me was about 18 or so and when it happened, I pulled up to the next available spot in the channel, walked down to where he was and told the guy to come and wash the boat down because I just wiped it down. He was reluctant to do it, but he did.
With my boat what scares me the most is if I get water through the carbs. Since I run an exposed blower the water could go through the spark arrestor and down into the motor causing BIG problems. :mad: :mad: :mad:

waterboy
06-21-2004, 01:40 PM
i know its a boat and gets wet ,but if my 8 month old daughter gets it or anyone else on my boat i will not forget :mad:

MRS FLYIN VEE
06-21-2004, 01:40 PM
Originally posted by BADBLOWN572
Last time that happened to me, I was extremely upset. :mad: :mad: :mad: The guy that sprayed me was about 18 or so and when it happened, I pulled up to the next available spot in the channel, walked down to where he was and told the guy to come and wash the boat down because I just wiped it down. He was reluctant to do it, but he did.
With my boat what scares me the most is if I get water through the carbs. Since I run an exposed blower the water could go through the spark arrestor and down into the motor causing BIG problems. :mad: :mad: :mad:
see stuff like this is what I'm saying.. what would have happen if Jamie hit someone because of this stupid crap..

dicudmore
06-21-2004, 01:41 PM
see stuff like this is what I'm saying.. what would have happen if Jamie hit someone because of this stupid crap..
easy answer and this is why its wrong....
you're out the money for the damage you did because some A-HOLE thought they were funny :(

Havasu_Dreamin
06-21-2004, 01:42 PM
I just found out that while going through the channel.. some jerk was spraying boater'sin the face while driving through there with a water canon.. what the hell are people thinking.. that is just so damn stupid.. don't they realize that people can hurt someone or kill them when they can't see because of the water in their face.. sorry for the rant but this really pisses me off.. what happen to boating safety out on the water.. dumn asses..:mad: :mad:
That's actually illegal in the channel. I would think the PD got the person responsible.

dicudmore
06-21-2004, 01:43 PM
Originally posted by Havasu_Dreamin
That's actually illegal in the channel. I would think the PD got the person responsible.
Hey HD how many boards are we posting on at the same time???

Bre
06-21-2004, 01:43 PM
I used to use the spray wax once we were parked somewhere ( sandbar, channel), but I would rather let all the kids in the channel/sandbar have fun ...... cause i tend to get mad even at Andy if he gets the boat dirty after I just cleaned it..so now I just do it in the morning and let it go the rest of the day:p

Havasu_Dreamin
06-21-2004, 01:44 PM
Originally posted by Bre
We haven't been in the channel in about a month or so:cool: Andy wants to go through there...but it is always way too crowded. I'm more about finding a sandy spot for the kids to play on w/out all the idiots around us;)
I hear that.

MRS FLYIN VEE
06-21-2004, 01:44 PM
it's not the boat I was worried about.. it was the fact that he was sprayed in the face, couldn't see and the stuff inside the boat.. camara's and radios were soaked..

Kilrtoy
06-21-2004, 01:57 PM
I hope LE writes them up when they see that crap going down. Or at least gives them a warning and saftey/doc check, odds are they'll usually fail something.
NOW you want cops to crack down and give tickets, I guess as long as its not you , they can have it:confused:

J540
06-21-2004, 01:58 PM
Sometimes get'n sprayed feels good, it is kinda hot, we keep the camara under a towel phone under dash. water in the face of the driver not a good idea. far as water geting in the motor , mine is more expose than most, the amount of water that hits the motor not a big deal unless he sprays it right in the carbs. in my case Injector. neyer had a prob, yet just have to bring more vinegar/water, its a boat its going to get wet.

Essex29
06-21-2004, 02:01 PM
Originally posted by ShockwaveBob
On my one and only trip to Havasu, one of my passengers got hit broadside in the face with a water balloon from a launcher. That thing probably went 200' before it hit her. It was all I could do to keep all out war from breaking loose. We were outnumbered about 15 to 3. I roll about 30 deep at Parker, we don't have those problems anymore. ;)
Rolling 30 deep wont help you sitting in jail with a ruined weekend...The best thing to do is get the L.E. involved and have them deal with it.
WTF am I talking about? I would be pissed too!
Seriously though maybe BoatCop can help....or just carry a potatoe gun for retaliation.

Debbolas
06-21-2004, 02:12 PM
Originally posted by Havasu_Dreamin
I can't believe they are letting people do that.
I know it is illegal.
:(

GASHGAZER
06-21-2004, 02:23 PM
I am against the spraying of anything through the channel, but going to Havasu on holiday weekends and for so long, it comes with the territory. Bottom line... it's a boat, cover your shit and anything that shouldn't get wet shouldn't be out... duh. I enjoy rolling through the channel with the stereo blazing girls dancing and party on, so I guess I'm asking for it, but when it's a buck-five out, it feels good. Although if I did get hit square in the face, I would be pissed and have a few choice words. In all honesty, I'd find a cop, roll back and do something about it. Because it is probably some drunk jackass that has no clue of how much you already have to deal with, between trafic, keeping an eye on the passangers and other idiot boats. 30' isn't a dingy in the channel and it's like driving a motorcyle through rush hour, minding everyone else and anticipating their moves. Having a cop do something would prove a point and maybe send a message. Otherwise, the occasional splash is ok, the assholes are the ones that take it too far... It's basically a bunch of losers that can only afford a 12 pack of beer and sit there all day and suck CO, unlike the rest of us that are able to roam free about the lake and enjoy the other offerings... the channel is like a sewer that collects all the shit from everywhere and congregates in one spot. Ok... enough of the rant and rave....

Jbb
06-21-2004, 02:25 PM
Laid Back Californians....?...:D

RiverDave
06-21-2004, 02:35 PM
Dave what about getting sprayed directly in the face.. and what about the speakers ,camara's, and stuff that can't get wet.. :confused:
Well like I said... I'm not "for" the spraying of the water.. LOL
The cameras etc.. when I'm cruising into a situation that there's a potential for water, I usually just throw everything under the dash in the Nordic.. The Speakers can get wet no problemo, and the stereo has a cover so I just close it. Yes while I find it irritating, I just shrug it off as part of the river.
The little kids in the keys live for that shit, they are alot more respectful then some of the adults in Havi though. If you tell them not too they usually don't.. I let them have their fun though becuase god knows I used to spray boats when I was a kid too. (with permission and what not)
RD

mmered8299
06-21-2004, 02:41 PM
LOL. I was just thinking what would happen if Tito Otiz and Chuck Liddel were cruzing with their girls in their nice boats in the Channel and got hit by this water cannon. 2 against 15? My money is on the 2. LOL

91nordic29
06-21-2004, 02:43 PM
[i] I roll about 30 deep at Parker, we don't have those problems anymore. ;) [/B]
okay, what does this mean?:confused:

MRS FLYIN VEE
06-21-2004, 02:43 PM
I don't care if they wet the boat .. it is not a big deal.. but imo.. it is just flat out stupid and unsafe.. wet me all you want but not in the face directly.. ;)

Debbolas
06-21-2004, 02:44 PM
Originally posted by 91nordic29
okay, what does this mean?:confused:
I was waiting for someone to explain that.....................
;)

Dr. Eagle
06-21-2004, 02:51 PM
A friend of mine came up to Don Pedro with us in Norcal. While there he set up his super waterballoon launcher and proceeded to launch w/b's at people across the cove. He said, we do this all the time at Havasu. One hit the guys boat with a thud and the guy was pissed as hell at us and started to come over to kick his ass.
I had to explain that he was used to boating at Havasu and that was normal, but I tell ya, if someone was launching w/b's at me... I'd be pissed too. To me it is the same with the super soakers, jet pumps, whatever. If I wanna get wet I'll get wet.

Krumbsnatcher
06-21-2004, 02:51 PM
Originally posted by GASHGAZER
I am against the spraying of anything through the channel, but going to Havasu on holiday weekends and for so long, it comes with the territory. Bottom line... it's a boat, cover your shit and anything that shouldn't get wet shouldn't be out... duh. I enjoy rolling through the channel with the stereo blazing girls dancing and party on, so I guess I'm asking for it, but when it's a buck-five out, it feels good. Although if I did get hit square in the face, I would be pissed and have a few choice words. In all honesty, I'd find a cop, roll back and do something about it. Because it is probably some drunk jackass that has no clue of how much you already have to deal with, between trafic, keeping an eye on the passangers and other idiot boats. 30' isn't a dingy in the channel and it's like driving a motorcyle through rush hour, minding everyone else and anticipating their moves. Having a cop do something would prove a point and maybe send a message. Otherwise, the occasional splash is ok, the assholes are the ones that take it too far... It's basically a bunch of losers that can only afford a 12 pack of beer and sit there all day and suck CO, unlike the rest of us that are able to roam free about the lake and enjoy the other offerings... the channel is like a sewer that collects all the shit from everywhere and congregates in one spot. Ok... enough of the rant and rave....
Accept at dusk when all of us free raomers want to tie up our 30ft'rs and have dinner and Cocktails at Havalina.

Tom Brown
06-21-2004, 02:58 PM
Mrs. FV, I think you should take Ratso through there with you. He is great at trouble shooting problems like that.

MRS FLYIN VEE
06-21-2004, 02:59 PM
Originally posted by Tom Brown
Mrs. FV, I think you should take Ratso through there with you. He is great at trouble shooting problems like that.
I would love to.. ;)

Tom Brown
06-21-2004, 03:01 PM
I'm sure he'd be happy to lay back a few Californians for you, in fine SEADOO BRIAN style. :D

MRS FLYIN VEE
06-21-2004, 03:02 PM
Originally posted by Tom Brown
I'm sure he'd be happy to lay back a few Californians for you, in fine SEADOO BRIAN style. :D
LOL!! :D :D

coolchange
06-21-2004, 03:03 PM
roll- to travel
30 deep- with his gang, er, um, club. ya thats it, we're a club. :D

RiverDave
06-21-2004, 03:03 PM
Originally posted by ShockwaveBob
Mom? Is that you? ;)
RD <---- just fell on the floor ****ing laughing my ass off.. :D :D :D

ahhell
06-21-2004, 03:04 PM
nothing like being powered by a "water cannon" :D

Ducatista
06-21-2004, 03:07 PM
Originally posted by Kilrtoy
I hope LE writes them up when they see that crap going down. Or at least gives them a warning and saftey/doc check, odds are they'll usually fail something.
NOW you want cops to crack down and give tickets, I guess as long as its not you , they can have it:confused:
Yea that's right Kilrboy, they should be issued a citation if warranted, the local LE can make that decision. It is illegal in the channel to do that kinda of stuff. As for me, not a worry, I'm not the one doing stupid stuff like that. Been boatin' on Havasu for many years and never been pulled over by LE, we are not the problem. You still confused???

Kilrtoy
06-21-2004, 03:14 PM
And you never race your italian marvel through the canyons either.

Ziggy
06-21-2004, 03:18 PM
Knowing what water in the inner ear can do to people I was less than happy to get tagged in the head by that geek but I shrugged it off to save breath.
LE did come in after quite some time and stopped the show.
Dorks like that will get their just rewards sometime down the road in life, could even be from the guy in the boat behind me or you.

riverrunner
06-21-2004, 03:30 PM
I hate those things. I know we're at the river and we're going to get wet, but i don't want my camera and stereo ( or daughter) getting soaked by some punk that doesn't own a boat or respect what other people have.

91nordic29
06-21-2004, 03:30 PM
RD <---- just fell on the floor ****ing laughing my ass off.. :D :D :D
me too!!!!:D :D :D

MAINEVENT
06-21-2004, 03:34 PM
You said it right "Dumb Asses" People who have no respect for other peoples shit nor do they care :mad:

Ducatista
06-21-2004, 03:42 PM
Originally posted by Kilrtoy
And you never race your italian marvel through the canyons either.
Ah hell.........you got me there...lol:)

dicudmore
06-21-2004, 03:54 PM
Originally posted by Ducatista
Ah hell.........you got me there...lol:)
the "italian marvel" was meant to race through canyons ;)

GASHGAZER
06-21-2004, 04:37 PM
respect everyone else's shit like you want your shit treated, and hopefully that's respectfully. Everyone else should be fed to the carp and catfish....all bottomfeeders...

wantacat
06-21-2004, 09:56 PM
well you think water is bad? I was cruising through the channel on a busy holiday and some ass**** were soaking the boat so i looked back and shook my head side to side meaning no more. about 5 seconds later a freaking bud light ends up in my boat. those punks tossed a full beer !!! NO respect. it was to busy in the channel to slow down and would take another 30 minutes to turn around and go back. I was pissed the rest of the day. There are some stupid people out there. Especially on the big holiday weekends.