PDA

View Full Version : McDonalds Closing Registers

burtandnancy
06-21-2004, 03:47 PM
On our way to and from the river/lake, Nancy & I like a cup of senior coffee and a McMuffin. We've noticed lately that where ever we stop; Barstow, Boulder City, Havasu City, Needles, Quartsite or others, only one cash register is open regardless of the time or the length of line. I saw a lot of people standing around behind the counter so I asked if there was a manager there. A suite stepped forward and I asked the question about the slow service and he confirmed that its a new policy, only 1 register to be open. I gave him my opinion (politely) and he agreed with me, but said its now the rule, thanked me for my input and said he would pass it up the ladder.
I forgot to ask if the policy was franchise, regional or nation wide. But as I left I did tell him I was going down the street (theres always something there) and he said he didn't blame me.
Anyone else notice or will you admit going to McD's? I still remember when they were considered fast food...

dicudmore
06-21-2004, 03:52 PM
oh ya.....
I went to one in Henderson sat morning before the LVHB dealio...
figuring on grabbing a quick bite..
ya right. Could have gone to smith's, bought all the stuff, gone back home and cooked quicker. We were there every bit of 30 minutes from line to pick up, on a to go order......

RiverDave
06-21-2004, 03:57 PM
If you want to talk about B.S. the Carls Jr. over by my work doesn't even have cash registers anymore!!! They have these things that are like ATM's that you walk up to and you order via touch screen etc.. It sucks your money up and spits out the change etc...
RD

JetBoatRich
06-21-2004, 04:02 PM
Originally posted by RiverDave
If you want to talk about B.S. the Carls Jr. over by my work doesn't even have cash registers anymore!!! They have these things that are like ATM's that you walk up to and you order via touch screen etc.. It sucks your money up and spits out the change etc...
RD
"State Of The Art"

Ziggy
06-21-2004, 04:03 PM
The MickeyD's by my house has got to be the fastest drive thru I ever use....Order, pay at 1st window, half the time your food is hanging out the 2nd window waiting for you...
Just went to the Parker Mc'D's on the way home yesterday, not only did the order process and actually getting my food take a good 15-20 minutes but I nearly crapped my pants on the way home...something amiss with the food.

spectras only
06-21-2004, 04:07 PM
I don't go to MD too often ,but since you've mentioned it, it's the same trend up here as well. It seems like, only the slow traffic ones doing it .

RiverDave
06-21-2004, 04:12 PM
Originally posted by Ziggy
The MickeyD's by my house has got to be the fastest drive thru I ever use....Order, pay at 1st window, half the time your food is hanging out the 2nd window waiting for you...
Just went to the Parker Mc'D's on the way home yesterday, not only did the order process and actually getting my food take a good 15-20 minutes but I nearly crapped my pants on the way home...something amiss with the food.
Man you aren't lieing about that.. That has to be the worst Mickey D's on the planet.. The taco bell right next door isn't any better. :(
RD

goneboatin
06-21-2004, 04:23 PM
That McD's in Parker sucks so bad, not only does the food take forever, the girl (?) behind the register just stands there and lets the line grow before she takes another order. I don't know about the pants crapping, but my wife's had the squirts today - must have been a bad big mac.

Ziggy
06-21-2004, 04:41 PM
Originally posted by goneboatin
That McD's in Parker sucks so bad, not only does the food take forever, the girl (?) behind the register just stands there and lets the line grow before she takes another order. I don't know about the pants crapping, but my wife's had the squirts today - must have been a bad big mac.
Big-n-Tasty I had....I had to drive over the weight sensor 3 times in the drivethru before I got answered---should have been my clue right there....no mas Parker MD's for this fellow. I'll just go back to walking into Safeway for a fresh deli sandwich.

HighRoller
06-21-2004, 05:22 PM
Couldn't be nearly as bad as the Carl's Jr in Needles! 20 minute wait for a cold hamburger, limp fries and watered down iced tea. Figured they were having a bad day so went back again for more. This time the floor was so dirty you were kicking trash and the restroom had a pile of trash a foot high in the corner because nobody had cleaned it in days! I turned around and dragged my friends out the door. Anyone tried the new In-N-Out in Laughlin yet?

Sleek-Jet
06-21-2004, 05:30 PM
I stopped in the Mikky D's in Quartzite on my way out to pick up the boat. Not only were there at least 24 people ahead of me, but the man and women that walked in behind me smelled like they had been out in the desert for the better part of a month (which they probably had). Looking at the length of the line, and strength of the stench :yuk: , I saddled back up and motored down the road for a couple more hours.

Scream
06-21-2004, 05:42 PM
Maybe they're just trying out thier new line of "Mc Squits"
Scream <---not a big Mikey D's fan

MagicMtnDan
06-21-2004, 05:59 PM
Kiosks - it's the wave of the future beginning now at stores and restaurants everywhere. You think "customer service" is bad now you ain't seen nuthin' yet! Try bitchin' out a computer/machine. :mad:
The Jetsons era is just around the corner - we're gonna talk to Rosie and watch the machines fry the fires and flip the burgers while we pay with our plastic cards.
http://www.btinternet.com/~reg.joy/images/Robots/Rosie1.gif

NorCal Gameshow
06-21-2004, 06:28 PM
Originally posted by MagicMtnDan
Kiosks - it's the wave of the future beginning now at stores and restaurants everywhere. You think "customer service" is bad now you ain't seen nuthin' yet! Try bitchin' out a computer/machine. :mad:
The Jetsons era is just around the corner - we're gonna talk to Rosie and watch the machines fry the fires and flip the burgers while we pay with our plastic cards.
http://www.btinternet.com/~reg.joy/images/Robots/Rosie1.gif
if you upset the machine, will it throw your food on the floor and spit on it:confused:
I like the self service registers at the home depot. however, we should get a % discount to use them....

dirty old man
06-22-2004, 07:23 AM
you are right, can't beat the 46 cent coffee, but is it worth the wait. At least, (some) of the rest rooms are clean. Anyone know why they have changed policy? It can't be bottom line driven, no one can be that dumb, or can they?

Brady Bunch
06-22-2004, 08:51 AM
I nearly crapped my pants on the way home...something amiss with the food.
LMFAO
:eek: :eek: Taco BEll and Mc D's will do that too you.....

Debbolas
06-22-2004, 10:34 AM
I can't eat at Mc Donalds ever since Topless and I played that "A Day in the Life" game. It was soooooooooo depressing.;)

Scream
06-22-2004, 10:39 AM
Originally posted by dirty old man
you are right, can't beat the 46 cent coffee, but is it worth the wait. At least, (some) of the rest rooms are clean. Anyone know why they have changed policy? It can't be bottom line driven, no one can be that dumb, or can they?
I have a theory on that...
Once we all get used to a non-speedy transaction at our local McDonalds, since we all MUST eat there often in thier opinion, they will introduce these kiosks throughout the system to "aleviate" any wait in line, thus making us our own cashiers and eliminating humans from this position and saving ton's of money in the process.
Do we get a discount, NOPE, we get to take on some of the service work that was once done for us. Kinda like Self Serve gas stations. There has to be a law passed to get full service nowadays, like in Oregon where it's illegal to self serve (if I remember correctly). The wave of the future is right, we're all DOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMEEEEEEEDDDDDDD

BarryMac
06-22-2004, 10:48 AM
Last time I ate at a MC'ds was in Laughlin, the one in the Harrahs, we flew out with my a-hole brother, on the way home I threw up all over his plane :) , it had to be the nasty ass 1/4 pounder and Strawberry shake that I had the night before. :yuk:
gjb

Seadog
06-22-2004, 11:16 AM
I stopped at a Carl's Jr on the way to the lake and waited 45 minutes to get my food and then they got it wrong. I would been in and out quicker if I had gone to Denny's across the street. I don't think this was normal for them, to be honest. I get the feeling that one of those literary geniuses in the back, hit a wrong button and cleared all the orders.

78Eliminator
06-22-2004, 11:21 AM
Watch this movie, educate yourself and stay away from fast food.
http://www.supersizeme.com/