PDA

View Full Version : What do you guys think?

Paulie
04-04-2006, 08:45 PM
Windshield or no windshield? I cant decide. She is gettitng a new bimini tomorrow and I dont know what I want to do! What do you think?
http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f8/Terlecky/TheBoat018.jpg

taylormanss
04-04-2006, 08:46 PM
keep the windshield it gives it a different look! it isn't just like other v hull jets! my 3 cents worth

bakerjet
04-04-2006, 08:49 PM
the wind shield looks trick i'd keep it.

Squirtin Thunder
04-04-2006, 08:51 PM
I like it its different !!!

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
04-04-2006, 09:43 PM
That winshield actually looks pimp on that ride!! I have seen similar hulls without them and they look good as well. It makes your boat stand out from the other eliminators and spectras;) My vote is to keep it;)

SmokinLowriderSS
04-05-2006, 12:45 AM
I like that windshield on that hull, looks sweet to my eye. Keep it. My $.02

revndave
04-05-2006, 06:57 AM
I had one without the windshield.I like the windshield.Keep it :D :D
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/521/686left_side-med.jpg

stashtrey
04-05-2006, 08:06 AM
Definitely keep that windshield on there.
Is that the same hull as a Spectra 19'? Looks very similar.
I love your boat... very nice.

IMPATIENT 1
04-05-2006, 08:09 AM
leave it on!it looks nice and clean thata way.

supersoaker509
04-05-2006, 10:42 AM
I like the windshield.Keep it

flat broke
04-05-2006, 11:10 AM
Definitely keep that windshield on there.
Is that the same hull as a Spectra 19'? Looks very similar.
I love your boat... very nice.
Same hull.

Paulie
04-05-2006, 11:14 AM
it will take everyones advice and keep it i was just wondering on how high to make the bimini and where to put it thanks everyone

flat broke
04-05-2006, 11:38 AM
it will take everyones advice and keep it i was just wondering on how high to make the bimini and where to put it thanks everyone
Don't let the winshield determine your bimini height. Get in the boat and try and move around with the bimini at the height you think you'd like. If you make it too short, you'll never use it because it's too much of a hassle. If you make it too tall, it won't throw much shade. As for the window, I like the hull without em, but might as well keep it on there so you don't have bolt holes in the deck.
Also, when having that bimini mounted, mount one set of mounts for where it will be used in it's upright position, and a second set of mounts that will allow the bimini to be stored resting on the rear of the boat behind the motor. Nothing looks worse than someone cruising down the river with the bimini bouncing around on the dash cause they can't store it in the rear position because it hits the motor. Since we're talking about it, make sure the mounts are through bolted with a backing plate and not screwed into the glass, and if possible opt for the flush type mounts from Dana Marine Products or one of the other mfg's
Nice looking boat, good luck with it.
Chris

olbiezer
04-05-2006, 03:00 PM
id leave it also.....if u take it off u will have mounting holes to fill etc and after all does look good on that boat.......

Paulie
04-05-2006, 04:31 PM
I have already measured the height on the bimini for moving around I am going to make it a little higher now that I am going to keep the widshield so I can fit through the opening and it is also going to be moved back a little. I dont need to worry about it flopping around it will always be up or off the boat thanks for your concern i hate people looking like idiots too :rollside:

GunninGopher
04-05-2006, 05:42 PM
I have already measured the height on the bimini for moving around I am going to make it a little higher now that I am going to keep the widshield so I can fit through the opening and it is also going to be moved back a little. I dont need to worry about it flopping around it will always be up or off the boat thanks for your concern i hate people looking like idiots too :rollside:
You may as well have the put the mounts on for stowing it over the transom just in case. In the morning it is nice to cruise without the top up and they'll have the interior out to mount the front backets anyways. It is much easier to get it done now than to wait. just my 2ยข

Bigern
04-05-2006, 07:32 PM
Looks great, I have the same hull without winshield. :cool: