PDA

View Full Version : Need Some Advice

YW82DRM
06-22-2004, 10:27 AM
Hello everyone. I am new to the forum and I was wondering if you could direct me. I am interested in buying a boat. I live about 2 seconds from Camp Far West Lake and wake up everyday to the sound of drag boats. (It is a beautiful thing) My dad used to race hyrdo's until his friend had a terrible accident. My question is what would suggest for someone who is interested in drag boats but wants to learn first? I don't want to be one of those people who buy the fastest boat and hurts themselves or someone else. I was at Camp Far West all weekend and there where more people there who had no idea what they where doing then I had ever seen. Any ideas or opinions would be great. Thanks again for allowing me to be apart of the forum. It makes my work day tolerable:smilespi: :smilespi:
Jenny
YW8@DRM

riverbound
06-22-2004, 10:31 AM
How are you going to be using it? How many people do you wnat to carry, How fast do you want to go (initially) How much experience do you have driving boats and what kind of baots were they?

YW82DRM
06-22-2004, 10:40 AM
I would like to initially have something that is a 4 seater in the 70-80 mph range. Something that I can take to the lake and let out some agression but at the same time learn on, occassionaly pull a skier. I am extremely competitive and eventually want to race competitively but for now I want something that I will be able to learn on and gain experience. As for experience I have grown up at the lake my entire life. Driving since I was 9. My Dad has a Jet craft ( fishing boat/ river boat... a dad boat) now and is looking at Jet now as his toy boat but I will never be able to touch it. We have had Eliminators, family boats and a jet w/ nos. I just want something to start out with.

1stepcloser
06-22-2004, 10:46 AM
Definatley something in the BA/F class.
Go for the gusto right out of the gate. Put a throttle limiter on it till you learn to finesse the pedals, then go race the thing.:)