PDA

View Full Version : Cable Through??

MudPumper
06-22-2004, 11:06 AM
Where can I get a cable seal like the one that comes stock on a pump for the froward reverse bucket? I want to run my diverter line through my seal plate and don't like the look of the 43bc Cable Through that Rex has. I already bought one of those but don't feel to good about drilling holes through the transom. Id rather have the clean look going through the pump.

Nubbs
06-22-2004, 11:45 AM
Is this what you're looking for?
cable seal (Liquidtight Strain Relief Cord and Cable Connectors)
My boat had one of them cable seals for the forward/reverse cable and I added another one for the diverter cable. They worked well.
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/361b11-med.jpg

FOURQ
06-22-2004, 12:08 PM
you can get the clamp seal at MOST electrical shops its called a cord clamp..

moneysucker
06-22-2004, 12:57 PM
Originally posted by FOURQ
you can get the clamp seal at MOST electrical shops its called a cord clamp..
Good call on that one. Rubber ducky gets them there and pays a whole lot less than at the boat shop.

Ken F
06-22-2004, 02:08 PM
Actually you want to ask for a "3/4"strain-felief cord connector".
Ken F

FOURQ
06-22-2004, 04:17 PM
Originally posted by Ken F
Ken F
well i dont want to get into a pissing contest but as far as i know they are 1/2 in ( the ones i have used atleast) and a strain relief has a stainles thingy on it like a chinese finger cuff thing that holds the cable and tightens when pulled on
4Q

Lookin for Liquid
06-22-2004, 05:27 PM
I neither want to get into the piss bowl, but the ones I have bought are from a wholesale electric supply house and are indeed 1/2" pipe on one end and can be bought for various size cables that will include a screw type clamp outer nut and gromett that will be suitable for that size 43BC cable. Mic the cable and take your calipers with you. I believe you want the cord grip ends as the strain relief connectors do have the wire mesh on the other end.

Oldsquirt
06-22-2004, 05:35 PM
Having just gone through this, I can confirm that it is a 1/2" weatherproof cable seal. Available at any of the warehouse home improvement outlets. Mine cost about $5. Bad part was the cost of the drill bit and pipe tap.
You can also purchase them from the hot rod boat suppliers in nicely polished or anodized finishes.
Rather than install it through the transom, I ground off the "B" on my Berkeley transom adaptor and mounted it there.

MudPumper
06-22-2004, 05:42 PM
Thanks guys, this is exactly the info I needed.
Lookin for Liquid, I'm just about done with the boat. Been back to work and busy as hell. Sorry I havn't got the bolts back to you yet, I'll drop them by soon.

Nucking futs
06-22-2004, 08:31 PM
Originally posted by Ken F
Ken F
Wow ,need some hot sauce for your foot? its better that way
:cool: