06-22-2004, 01:23 PM
Originally posted by little rowe boat
Probably steamboat cove.
WHERE IS STEAMBOAT COVE

Ziggy
06-22-2004, 01:26 PM
Originally posted by SILVERWING
WHERE IS STEAMBOAT COVE
Down and around over there by the rocks next to the bathroom past the no wake bouys in Arizona but north of the dam:D :D

rivercrazy
06-22-2004, 01:30 PM
Just go to Parker! :D They never close the southern sand errrr rock bar!

That Guy
06-22-2004, 01:58 PM
Another quick question. I have heard several people mention the mini sandbar. Where is it located? I know, I know, right past the hottie in the thong near the weeds by the yellow titmouse...seriously I would like to know. Thanks and f/u for all the smart ass comments I'm about to get. lol:D :D :p

summerlove
06-22-2004, 02:06 PM
How do I say this quietly.....
Please "LEAVE STEAMBOAT FOR US FAMILIES THAT DO NOT WANT THE SANDBAR CROWD AND STILL WANT TO ENJOY THE LAKE".
thank you!;)
when sandbar is closed and copper is closed everyone heads to steamboat and that is the one place the families like to go and have a nice day with the kids away from the chaos that is the channel and the sandbar.....
and by the way, Silverwing, ziggy was pulling your leg...Steamboat is on the back side of the island across on the california side of the lake, about a mile or two south of havasu landing...

little rowe boat
06-22-2004, 02:12 PM
It's down past copper canyon about 2 or 3 miles on the AZ side.

Havasu Luvr
06-22-2004, 02:19 PM
Originally posted by SILVERWING
IF THEY CLOSE THE SANBAR DOWN FOR THE 4TH WHERE DOES EVERYONE GET TOGETHER THEN
What a reply we just gave a "New Comer" Go play elsewhere and NOT in my cove. :eek!:
Welcome to the boards
SILVERWING, you can hang with me anytime any where. I'll show you what Hot Boat Forum is suppose to be about. :D
Next few trips
9-11 July
23-25 July
13-15 Aug

Blown 472
06-22-2004, 02:20 PM
They closed the river down here, high water. Funny thing is on sunday I went to the bar on the river and the penis boat crowd knowing full well the river was shut down, trailered their boats down to the bar so they could sit and look at them. What a bunch of pin heads.

BROS&HOS
06-22-2004, 02:20 PM
Mini Sandbar is about 1/2 way to Sandbar on the California side from Havasu. It's a good time. Hung out there during Memorial.
We'll be out there on the weekend of the 4th.

summerlove
06-22-2004, 02:31 PM
It's down past copper canyon about 2 or 3 miles on the AZ side.
no it's not...it's on the cali side across the island about a mile or two south of the landing....;)

summerlove
06-22-2004, 02:35 PM
Originally posted by Havasu Luvr
What a reply we just gave a "New Comer" Go play elsewhere and NOT in my cove. :eek!:
Welcome to the boards
SILVERWING, you can hang with me anytime any where. I'll show you what Hot Boat Forum is suppose to be about. :D
Next few trips
9-11 July
23-25 July
13-15 Aug
give me a break! If you could not tell by the ;) and the directions that I was joking, then so be it. While I do want to maintain steamboat as a place where families can go and not be subjected to some of the antics of the sandbar is such a bad thing, then so be it. While I most certainly do not won the lake, I am entitled to my enjoyment of it just like everyone else. I just do not see why it's so important to "move the party" to steamboat every time the sandbar gets closed.

PlyaPlya22
06-22-2004, 02:49 PM
He lives! David, where you been dude? Still getting those trip slips forged?
Welcome to the boards
Next few trips
9-11 July
23-25 July
13-15 Aug

DryHeatOnly
06-22-2004, 02:55 PM
Originally posted by summerlove
"move the party" to steamboat every time the sandbar gets closed.
Party at Steamboat over the 4th! Right on. ;)

Ziggy
06-22-2004, 03:02 PM
give me a break! If you could not tell by the ;) and the directions that I was joking, then so be it. While I do want to maintain steamboat as a place where families can go and not be subjected to some of the antics of the sandbar is such a bad thing, then so be it. While I most certainly do not won the lake, I am entitled to my enjoyment of it just like everyone else. I just do not see why it's so important to "move the party" to steamboat every time the sandbar gets closed.
LOL-what? my directions aren't good enough to find it?;) :D :D I didn't lie about where it was and certain landmarks.:D
I agree Summerlove, there still needs to be a place to go where the party can be attended by all and not overrun because the other parties got broken up.
BTW-I do like the other party places.

Havasu Luvr
06-22-2004, 03:03 PM
Yo Bro, I believe you and Mel owe me BIG time:D The girls say "Hello" When do I get to meet your girls? I'll even supply the "Jack":eek: I've been lurking thoughout the boards watching peeps giving indirect answer to our new members. I guess maybe I just over reacted to some of the responses. Ohhh well just call me a "Drama King" :D When are we going to hook up on the water? I see Mel will be out this weekend :frown: Wish I was available to hook up. I am pretty much busy until the 10th July (flying solo) with possible hookups with some bro's in LHC. I love the pic of you and Scream jamm'n during OP6C....dude, do not quit your day job:cool:

summerlove
06-22-2004, 03:09 PM
I've been lurking thoughout the boards watching peeps giving indirect answer to our new members. I guess maybe I just over reacted to some of the responses. Ohhh well just call me a "Drama King" :D
Apology accepted.....;)

summerlove
06-22-2004, 03:10 PM
Originally posted by Ziggy
LOL-what? my directions aren't good enough to find it?;) :D :D I didn't lie about where it was and certain landmarks.:D
I agree Summerlove, there still needs to be a place to go where the party can be attended by all and not overrun because the other parties got broken up.
BTW-I do like the other party places.
Ziggy - you gave good directions - too good!;) Don't worry, I'll be in Steamboat on the 5th - 7th...

little rowe boat
06-22-2004, 03:13 PM
I heard through the grapevine that the Indians were going to close down steamboat cove.

Ziggy
06-22-2004, 03:14 PM
Originally posted by BROS&HOS
Mini Sandbar is about 1/2 way to Sandbar on the California side from Havasu. It's a good time. Hung out there during Memorial.
We'll be out there on the weekend of the 4th.
This is basically correct but don't expect to see sand, its just real shallow there.

summerlove
06-22-2004, 03:16 PM
I heard through the grapevine that the Indians were going to close down steamboat cove.
Yea, that's the ticket...yea! they did it yesterday, yea....that's it, yesterday....;) (can't you just picture john Lovitz....)

nmboats
06-22-2004, 03:18 PM
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/654havasu_map-med.gif
Large Map
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/654havasu_map.gif

Mandelon
06-22-2004, 03:22 PM
Isn't there a pretty big sandbar (or shallow spot, depending on the water level I guess), where the river dumps into Havasu? Its on the AZ side...I've noticed a bush sticking up out of the water before at that spot.

BROS&HOS
06-22-2004, 03:29 PM
Originally posted by Ziggy
This is basically correct but don't expect to see sand, its just real shallow there.
I know. I don't know what is down there, sludge, mud or maybe shiot. I was thinkin about soakin my box anchor in bleach and buying a new anchor line. Can't get the stench off of it. My wife was giving me dirty looks, because I kept smelling my fingers after I pulled the anchor up, like I just got some stinky finger in JR. High

hot_diggity_dog
06-22-2004, 04:02 PM
How do I say this quietly.....
Please "LEAVE STEAMBOAT FOR US FAMILIES THAT DO NOT WANT THE SANDBAR CROWD AND STILL WANT TO ENJOY THE LAKE".
thank you!;)
when sandbar is closed and copper is closed everyone heads to steamboat and that is the one place the families like to go and have a nice day with the kids away from the chaos that is the channel and the sandbar.....
and by the way, Silverwing, ziggy was pulling your leg...Steamboat is on the back side of the island across on the california side of the lake, about a mile or two south of havasu landing...
I know what you mean SL. That cove should be for Family activities!!!!!!!!!!!
Use the entire rest of the lake for loud music and nudity.
H0t (OK So where's all of the nudity going to be then?) Diggity Dog:cool:

Jrocket
06-22-2004, 04:05 PM
Originally posted by rivercrazy
Just go to Parker! :D They never close the southern sand errrr rock bar!
Dont even think about it! Wise guy...:D

77charger
06-22-2004, 04:14 PM
I hear parker is the place to go also.:D

Slider
06-22-2004, 04:17 PM
Parker is for bar hoppin.

Jrocket
06-22-2004, 04:22 PM
Originally posted by 77charger
I hear parker is the place to go also.:D
Uhhh Nope wrong again,keep heading down river.Wave as you drive bye!:D

FRENCHIE
06-22-2004, 07:54 PM
Speed alley, next to mini sandbar!;)

GlastronGuy
06-22-2004, 07:59 PM
WHERE IS SPEED ALLEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

FRENCHIE
06-22-2004, 08:01 PM
Originally posted by GlastronGuy
WHERE IS SPEED ALLEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
did you mean?????????????????????????????????????????????? ??????????????????...not !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
anyway its about 2-3 miles south of main sandbar on Cali side, also a little sand and some ahllow to easily beach about 8-12 boats!!;)

moneypit
06-22-2004, 08:13 PM
Everyone definitely gets together at Windsor beach launch ramp.. Im staying home this fourth.