PDA

View Full Version : 1-800-cut-smog

mirvin
06-22-2004, 01:17 PM
Does anyone here ever report smoking vehicles to the AQMD?? Or am I just a big jerk-hole for doing it?? I just can't stand the smoking vehicles so I call em in everytime I'm stuck behind one.
Sorry if it was you.....;)
mirvin

leibniz
06-22-2004, 01:25 PM
It's not only your right to report them, it's your duty !
The contaminents that escape such a smog-riddled vehicle are not only problematic for the environment, they can also cause you health problems.
Keep up the good work!
:)

superdave013
06-22-2004, 01:27 PM
please report the real problem and that's the scum bag industrail plants that are cheating or grandfarthered. Oh, and feel free to send them my way for a nice thermal oxidizer! :cool:

Dr. Eagle
06-22-2004, 01:31 PM
Smoking cars are the bomb! I love my smoking 64 chevy... oil smoke smells soooooo good! Oh and, it's grandfathered...:D

leibniz
06-22-2004, 01:33 PM
That's it Dr. Eagle! You're going down... (where's my phone...?)
:D

Ziggy
06-22-2004, 01:35 PM
Yeah, I got notified my DIESEL was smoking.....:rolleyes: :rolleyes:
Probably some old bag that bought a Hybred doing justice all around town....thats the one problem with giving the general public that is unaware such power.
To me its too much like when people call police that there is Child Abuse next door, parents are guilty before the LE gets there and get treated that way.....those bad parents were just having a birthday party for their child and the grouchy old neighbor didn't like the noise.:rolleyes:

mirvin
06-22-2004, 01:39 PM
Doc, you're 64 Chevy is granfathered to not have to pass smog, but no vehicle is granfathered for smoking.
Zig, even deisels are supposed to run clean right? I mean, some of them are filthy as **** while others seem to run real clean. WHat gives?
mirvin

leibniz
06-22-2004, 01:40 PM
Maybe we need to empower a large group of knowledged people to watch and report the issue...
it could be like a pollution vigilante force or something.... they could be empowered to give tickets and start fights.... (since anyone about to receive such a ticket would never stand for it...)

mickeyfinn
06-22-2004, 01:42 PM
Originally posted by superdave013
please report the real problem and that's the scum bag industrail plants that are cheating or grandfarthered. Oh, and feel free to send them my way for a nice thermal oxidizer! :cool:
Does the company you work for do service work in other states? I have a couple of GeoEnergy oxidizers that may need service at some time that we are not able to do.

Dr. Eagle
06-22-2004, 01:42 PM
Originally posted by mirvin
Doc, you're 64 Chevy is granfathered to not have to pass smog, but no vehicle is granfathered for smoking.
Zig, even deisels are supposed to run clean right? I mean, some of them are filthy as **** while others seem to run real clean. WHat gives?
mirvin
I was just yanking your chain... my oldest car is a 2000...

mirvin
06-22-2004, 01:44 PM
Originally posted by leibniz
Maybe we need to empower a large group of knowledged people to watch and report the issue...
uhhhhh, isn't that us (the public)??
I just brought this whole thing up because I wondered how many people even know this exists? I'm sure nobody enjoys sitting behind a car that's burning oil or running rich.... THey are mechanical problems that need to be fixed but people don't give a chit so they just keep driving.
mirvin

superdave013
06-22-2004, 01:45 PM
Originally posted by Dr. Eagle
Smoking cars are the bomb! I love my smoking 64 chevy... oil smoke smells soooooo good! Oh and, it's grandfathered...:D
not the type of grandfatherd I'm talking about.
A bathware company in Anaheim pumps out more crap in an hour they your car does in 5 years. That plant is grandfartherd.
Then they put a new place way out in the desert in NV right next to an indian reservation. lol they got caught at that spot and fined big time. They lied about how much air flow they had by putting in to small of a oxidizer so the fine was less. Then a few months later tried to put in another oxidizer to run fu;; production. AQMD caught on to that shit and shut them down. We ended up sending that other ox to Texas where they hadn't screwed with that air board yet.
Just one example.
Factorys that buy smog credits by crushing cars suck too if you ask me.

Ziggy
mirvin
True, they have standards too. My 2000PSD does not leave a smoke trail unless I'm heavy on the throttle to pass....I think the high mileage motors will be the ones that smoke incessantly.
But as strange as it sounds the actual emmisions from a diesel are less than a normal gas engine, its just the diesel byproduct is visible.

mirvin
Originally posted by Dr. Eagle
I was just yanking your chain... my oldest car is a 2000...
I know... I was just answering you're question for everyone else:D
I got a few hot rods and they all run clean. I'm not saying they'de pass smog but they do run clean.;)
mirvin

superdave013
06-22-2004, 01:47 PM
Originally posted by mickeyfinn
Does the company you work for do service work in other states? I have a couple of GeoEnergy oxidizers that may need service at some time that we are not able to do.
Yes we can. We do work on the Geo stuff too. Geo copied Trintiy Air pretty much. We have an ex Trinity guy here who knows that stuff inside and out!

Scream
06-22-2004, 01:49 PM
First of all, Mirvin, you did or are doing the right thing. Smoking wheezin piles o shit need fixin.
Butt....don't become an evirvo convert. Take my neighbor for instance. He seemed normal enough when we moved into this neighborhood. His wife stopped by and introduce herself to us. She's very outgoing. They both teach at the local HS. Ever since we've moved in, this guy gets more and more removed from the outside world. I see him every now and then at the local coffee house, say hi and get a confused look, like Who are you and what language do you speak. He recently bought one of those little electric Gem's (fancy golfcart) to go to and from work.
He stares at my Duelly, our navigator, our MH and our boat in the most dissaproving way, it's almost like he's sure we're the cause of all the smog in our neighborhood...
I think he's gone over to the dark side.

Dr. Eagle
06-22-2004, 01:56 PM
I know... I was just answering you're question for everyone else:D
I got a few hot rods and they all run clean. I'm not saying they'de pass smog but they do run clean.;)
mirvin
And I agree they should run clean... no smoke... I hate those cars that smoke like a train!

Dr. Eagle
06-22-2004, 02:00 PM
Originally posted by Scream
First of all, Mirvin, you did or are doing the right thing. Smoking wheezin piles o shit need fixin.
Butt....don't become an evirvo convert. Take my neighbor for instance. He seemed normal enough when we moved into this neighborhood. His wife stopped by and introduce herself to us. She's very outgoing. They both teach at the local HS. Ever since we've moved in, this guy gets more and more removed from the outside world. I see him every now and then at the local coffee house, say hi and get a confused look, like Who are you and what language do you speak. He recently bought one of those little electric Gem's (fancy golfcart) to go to and from work.
He stares at my Duelly, our navigator, our MH and our boat in the most dissaproving way, it's almost like he's sure we're the cause of all the smog in our neighborhood...
I think he's gone over to the dark side.
Yeah, the Next Door Neighbor, a super liberal school teacher always has something to say or a disapproving stare at my 3 SUVs, boat and 4 jet skis... I love it. But she is nuts!

mirvin
06-22-2004, 03:02 PM
Oh hell no! Not to worry Scream. I'm not doing this for environmental reasons. I'm doing it because it's a nucance;)
To be honest, I don't believe all the environmental "the sky is falling" crap either. I dont' believe the ozone layer is being destroyed. I don't believe that manure is harming the atmosphere. I don't believe that we should be worried about carbon monoxide let alone c02. Its' friggin co2 for god sakes. We exhale it when we breath. Plantlife depends on it. Now it's being regulated.
Cripe!
mirvin

Dr. Eagle
06-22-2004, 03:12 PM
Its' friggin co2 for god sakes. We exhale it when we breath. Plantlife depends on it. Now it's being regulated.
Cripe!
mirvin
Harumph..........:D

mirvin
06-22-2004, 04:23 PM
Sooooooooooo have you guys done this??? Are ya gonna? Come on, **** the ****ing ****ers!!:D
mirvin;)

MJ19
06-22-2004, 06:32 PM
Originally posted by Ziggy
as strange as it sounds the actual emmisions from a diesel are less than a normal gas engine, its just the diesel byproduct is visible.
That is what is scary...the stuff you DON'T see is more harmful then the crap you can see. :(
I didn't know there was a # you can call to report those hunks of junk...but now I do...watch out :p

Dr. Eagle
06-22-2004, 06:39 PM
Sooooooooooo have you guys done this??? Are ya gonna? Come on, **** the ****ing ****ers!!:D
mirvin;)
Uhhhhhhhhhhh let me think a minute........ uhhhhhhhhhhhhh
No....