PDA

View Full Version : plumming a inercooler

plaster dave
06-22-2004, 02:56 PM
ok so i have a dash 12 pick up in the bottom left spon. with 2dash 10 dumps out the back, i was told that its a good idea to run a line from my water pump any one ????? o ya its a 509 with a 871 mooham with a blower shop inercooler. thanks :D

Havasu Hangin'
06-22-2004, 02:58 PM
I wouldn't put water through there at idle.

plaster dave
06-22-2004, 03:01 PM
really someone said that it may be getting hot @ idle. you dont think its a good idea ok thanks:D

Havasu Hangin'
06-22-2004, 03:07 PM
I'm not an expert (just an internet idiot), but I think if you have water flowing through the cooler at idle...you could have fuel start pooling...
...which is why most guys only run water while the blower is heating up (higher RPMs).
Ask Info...he's the "internet expert".

Three Days Only
06-22-2004, 03:17 PM
Carson Brummet plumbs his intercooler pickups through the waterpump with a roots style blower. For my Whipple EFI's Teague said to let it only run through the water pickup, and rely on pressure.
Did it run hot while idiling, you where in the boat last weekend. Whats up with the rocker stud?

J540
06-22-2004, 03:27 PM
IT gets very hot at idel .water is good.you are going to hear all this junk about fuel puddling:p whatever!. I run one of my own water pumps and intercoolers i make, the pump has two separate ins/outs -16 one is for the intercooler only. -12 in 2 -10s out. with a psi gage on the inlet side so you know if its getting plug up . or run from the cooler out-10to -12 union then to the motor if and when the motor starts running hot you know the cooler is getting restrickted. still check cooler every YR. you can PM me and we can talk more
JOHN

J540
06-22-2004, 03:32 PM
Originally posted by Three Days Only
Carson Brummet plumbs his intercooler pickups through the waterpump with a roots style blower. For my Whipple EFI's Teague said to let it only run through the water pickup, and rely on pressure.
Did it run hot while idiling, you where in the boat last weekend. Whats up with the rocker stud?
Whipples run very cool at idel. so i would do the same, no need to run water at idel

superdave013
06-22-2004, 03:41 PM
I force fed mine but used a little pump to move some water through it when sitting at the starting line (drag race deal).
Boat left harder with some water going though the cooler when sitting still. Never had a fuel puddling prob.
Yo J540, when and how can I get one of your super pumps to go with my dual J540 coolers?? They are the same drive as an injection pump right??

plaster dave
06-22-2004, 11:46 PM
ok thanks guys
jeff we fixed the rocker stud and everything is fine but the mph & rpm's are still down with a 28 pitch prop i still have same rpms & mph wtf :mad: