PDA

View Full Version : Just curious!

Kim Hanson
06-22-2004, 09:34 PM
How many really had boats before they found these " Boat Forums "? I know I had 1 that got me into the swingggg of things with forums, then a slow ass BanShee, then a v-drive that got me into more forums. But why would you get into them if you don't own one?
This is a Canatard mind you, we so called don't think! :rolleyes: ..........( . )( . ).....
If you don't own a boat you should be called a " Whanna Be ", not newbie..( unless, you have one )
It's my time of the month ( most of girls time of the mth.) I have to live through it , you can also :p I need a Vacation soon :D

MJ19
06-22-2004, 10:00 PM
We had a boat before we started post whoring. :)
...BUT I do know of a few peeps that love to go boating/River/Lakes, etc...don't have a boat so they have gotten on to meet folks with boats to ride on.
I also know of a few single girls that are river rats (growing up) and have gotten on here to hook up with other river rats that have a boat....it seems to work for girls, but not too many men on these boards willing to pick up a single boy...(unless they are aiming for the sausage title) :D

FMluvswater
06-22-2004, 11:00 PM
Originally posted by Kim Hanson
How many really had boats before they found these " Boat Forums "? I know I had 1 that got me into the swingggg of things with forums, then a slow ass BanShee, then a v-drive that got me into more forums. But why would you get into them if you don't own one?
This is a Canatard mind you, we so called don't think! ..........( . )( . ).....
If you don't own a boat you should be called a " Whanna Be ", not newbie..( unless, you have one )
It's my time of the month ( most of girls time of the mth.) I have to live through it , you can also I need a Vacation soon
I'll nibble ... :)
I don't have a boat. Never did.
I was invited over here and also to Barney's to check out some threads. I found much of what was posted quite funny. I ended up reading a lot more stuff than what I initially came over here for. I registered so I could use the search features.
When I first got here I didn't know these standard newbie rules and such - I just kinda jumped in and started trying to talk to people in a few of the threads that I found funny or interesting. I got a cold reception. Gee I wonder why? LOL!
I went away and had no intention of returning. Three months later I was writing a story and somehow a boat was in it (there's subliminal messages here I think ;) ) I didn't/don't know anything about boats. I decided to come back here and ask about the kind of boat I wanted in my story, a Bayliner of all things :rolleyes: . I honestly thought nobody would answer my question but tried anyway figuring I had nothing to lose. I got surprised.
For some reason people were being friendly to me at that time. I don't think it's so unusual for a person to respond positively to friendliness. I stuck around and kept talking to several people.
As I got to know some of them better it was soon clear to me that the people that come to both of these boards are some of the most decent (and yet perverted http://www.***boat.com/ubb/icons/icon14.gif, lol) people I've ever had occasion to associate with even if it is only online. Why would I ever want to leave good company?
I have always loved water. I have been boating before coming here but not regularly. I went from being vaguely interested in knowing about Bayliner-type boats to feeling actual boat lust (Hallett 540-T hello moisty alert!). I feel it's really unfair that I should want what I will likely never own. I am so a wannabe, lol.
I did try to leave here cuz I know how it is ... no boat = don't belong.
I missed the people ... a lot. I wondered what some of them were up to. I was sad. I missed the humor and the drama, lol. I missed the pictures of boats and the pictures of the places people like to go boating (beautiful water). I'll admit it ... I missed the SONG CHAIN ... I love that game. I tried starting other SONG CHAINs elsewhere and it was just okay ... it's the people here that made all the difference. One of my friends from here kept in touch with me and was mercilessly baiting me with tidbits I was missing out on, too. Thanks btw. :D (you know who you are)
So I came back. I'm not leaving anymore. I have made some friends here that are worth staying for. :) Also there are several funny people who aren't my friends exactly but whose posts I'd miss reading if I left again. :)
I can't quite let go of the hope that someday I will have my own boat. Guess I'm a dreamer, lol.

burtandnancy
06-22-2004, 11:11 PM
I had a boat(s) before cell phones, computers, and fax machines, and I don't think it was that long ago. Trivia question for you under 40: What kind of cross country communication systems did we use before fax's, but not phones?

Sleek-Jet
06-22-2004, 11:22 PM
Originally posted by burtandnancy
What kind of cross country communication systems did we use before fax's, but not phones?
Tele-type.

Froggystyle
06-22-2004, 11:25 PM
Originally posted by Sleek-Jet
Tele-type.
Nay... Telex!

Sleek-Jet
06-22-2004, 11:27 PM
Originally posted by Froggystyle
Nay... Telex!
Symantics. :D
Isn't Telex a trade name for tele-type machines??

Cheap Thrills
06-23-2004, 12:04 AM
Ive always had a boat .
When I was 4 Yrs old I got this nifty little boat in a box of Cap-N Krunch that was propelled with baking powder . ever since Ive been hooked :D
got my first real get in and ride boat when I was around 7. built my first motor boat when I was 17 out of a 12 row boat . spent a weekend making a steering wheel and cables for it then strung on a 40 horse Johnson Super Sea Horse outboard on it . Talk about exciting . how many people can claimed to have hit 40+ in a 12' row boat ? :D
C.T. :wink:

Cheap Thrills
06-23-2004, 12:08 AM
Originally posted by Sleek-Jet
Tele-type.
Actually thats RTTY for the radioheads out there
and don't forget good ole Sam Morse and his code .
now a days theres so many different modes of digital radio communication it would take me allot longer than I'm willing to stand here and type to begin to cover them. :D
Anyhooooo

Spotondl
06-23-2004, 12:18 AM
Trivia question for you under 40: What kind of cross country communication systems did we use before fax's, but not phones?
Grunts, groans, and hand gestures....:p

Cheap Thrills
06-23-2004, 12:27 AM
Originally posted by Spotondl
Grunts, groans, and hand gestures....:p
:confused: for cross country :confused:
put down the pipe and step away from the computer . :D

Rexone
06-23-2004, 02:16 AM
I had a boat(s) before cell phones, computers, and fax machines, and I don't think it was that long ago. Trivia question for you under 40: What kind of cross country communication systems did we use before fax's, but not phones?
US Mail

Liberator TJ1984
06-23-2004, 05:17 AM
Boat ***** before Post *****:D

Liberator TJ1984
06-23-2004, 05:21 AM
By , Cheap Thrills :When I was 4 Yrs old I got this nifty little boat in a box of Cap-N Krunch that was propelled with baking powder . ever since Ive been hooked
Yea, what happened to all the ( COOL ) stuff ???
all ya get now is a crappy power Ranger sticker or ???.......:yuk:

BarryMac
06-23-2004, 05:24 AM
What kind of cross country communication systems did we use before fax's, but not phones?
Smoke signals...
hummmm, me smokem peace pipe with whitey...:D
Have had a boat for the last ten years, I just finally got the "Hot Boat" this season...:)
gjb

YW82DRM
06-23-2004, 07:55 AM
I came to this site yesterday to see what pictures had been posted from Camp Far West this past weekend. I was told by someone at CFW that this was a really cool forum and that I should check it out.
I have grown up with boats my entire life and was literaly born at Sears point raceway. I have always loved fast cars and fast boats. It's in my blood. I am sure many of you can relate. My father use to race both but has been out of the boat drag scene for many years due to the death of his friend. He has always had a boat and currently has a Jet made by Jet Craft.
When I found this forum I found it interesting and entertaining. Although I don't have the pink slip to my very own boat (I am working on it... I just bought a ranch... work 60 + hours/ wk and I am doing the best I can at 23) Not to mention the little support I have from the family who thinks that I have lost mind. I don't think that classifies me as a wannabe.... or maybe it does. I completely understand the frustration one may have with having to read un-interesting posts from some idiot who not only doesn't own a boat but pretends to be a part of something they are not.
So I apologize if I am one of those wannabe's or newbies..... but I was interested. I don't claim to know everything nor do I want to offend anyone who has a boat and doesn't want to talk to me until I do. Maybe it is a compliment to have someone ask for advice and value your opinion.
Thanks for even allowing me the opportunity.
Jenny

MRS FLYIN VEE
06-23-2004, 08:10 AM
Originally posted by YW82DRM
I came to this site yesterday to see what pictures had been posted from Camp Far West this past weekend. I was told by someone at CFW that this was a really cool forum and that I should check it out.
I have grown up with boats my entire life and was literaly born at Sears point raceway. I have always loved fast cars and fast boats. It's in my blood. I am sure many of you can relate. My father use to race both but has been out of the boat drag scene for many years due to the death of his friend. He has always had a boat and currently has a Jet made by Jet Craft.
When I found this forum I found it interesting and entertaining. Although I don't have the pink slip to my very own boat (I am working on it... I just bought a ranch... work 60 + hours/ wk and I am doing the best I can at 23) Not to mention the little support I have from the family who thinks that I have lost mind. I don't think that classifies me as a wannabe.... or maybe it does. I completely understand the frustration one may have with having to read un-interesting posts from some idiot who not only doesn't own a boat but pretends to be a part of something they are not.
So I apologize if I am one of those wannabe's or newbies..... but I was interested. I don't claim to know everything nor do I want to offend anyone who has a boat and doesn't want to talk to me until I do. Maybe it is a compliment to have someone ask for advice and value your opinion.
Thanks for even allowing me the opportunity.
Jenny
Just so you know in my opinion.. everyone is welcome.. including you.. Just because you don't have a boat does not mean you are not welcome.. Alot of people on here own boats but not all threads are about boats.. Like most of mine.. LOL!!.. as long as you have an interest in boating,or partying, or just making friends,, you and everyone else that decides to come on .. are welcome. so post away boatless or not.. ;)

Dr. Eagle
06-23-2004, 08:13 AM
I had a boat before there was a HB Forum... probably about 15 years before...maybe more!
That's cuz I am 3 days older than anyone ought to be!;)

burtandnancy
06-23-2004, 08:16 AM
sleek jet and froggystyle nailed it; back in the seventies (1970) we used to lease a Western Union Telex machine...

Roxysnow
06-23-2004, 08:20 AM
Originally posted by MRS FLYIN VEE
Just so you know in my opinion.. everyone is welcome.. including you.. Just because you don't have a boat does not mean you are not welcome.. Alot of people on here own boats but not all threads are about boats.. Like most of mine.. LOL!!.. as long as you have an interest in boating,or partying, or just making friends,, you and everyone else that decides to come on .. are welcome. so post away boatless or not.. ;)
Perfectly said! oh, and I owned a boat before joining this site. :D

MJ19
06-23-2004, 08:20 AM
We have met literally hundreds of the boating folks from these various boards, some with and some without boats...so far a HUGE majority of them have been very cool peeps regardless of what they own or don't own. :)
If you are a peep that makes an effort to join the fun events, party, be friendly, respectful of other's property, pick up your trash, etc...you are welcome in my book regardless of your boat owning status. :)
Remember the old saying: "one day you maybe drinking wine, and the next picking grapes" we can own a boat today...some misfortune happen tomorrow leaving us boatless. And I think it would sure be nice to be able to hitch a ride on someone's boat and still be a part of the fun! :) What you have or don't have doesn't make the person (IMHO) it's the person themselves that makes them great, worthy or a piece of crap :D

Debbolas
06-23-2004, 08:29 AM
We picked up our boat in February. I joined the forum one month later. My hubby encouraged me, he bought me a laptop for our 15th anniversary.
MOST people here are really nice. As long as they aren't stirring up trouble/drama I don't think it matters if they have a boat or not. The cool thing about a forum, is you don't have to read every post, if you don't want too. No one stands behind you with a gun to your head making you read each post. (sorry, WOT)
After talking to Peeps on the forum, it is so cool to actually get to meet them and talk to them!! Because you feel as if you know them, before you meet them. I was like FM, I didn't know people knew each other here, and would pop into threads and post. Now I am more carefull.
:D

Dr. Eagle
06-23-2004, 08:30 AM
Originally posted by Debbolas
MOST people here are really nice. As long as they aren't stirring up trouble/drama :D
Doomed?:D

Debbolas
06-23-2004, 08:31 AM
Originally posted by Dr. Eagle
Doomed?:D
DOOOOMED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
LOL:D

MRS FLYIN VEE
06-23-2004, 08:33 AM
what about the washing of the dishes before putting them in the dishwasher? :D :D

Debbolas
06-23-2004, 08:36 AM
what about the washing of the dishes before putting them in the dishwasher? :D :D
I have always thought dishwashers should have garbage disposals in them so they can chew up the food on the dishes, so you don't have to rinse them first!

Dr. Eagle
06-23-2004, 08:37 AM
DOOOOMED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Yes DOOOOOOOMED.........

MJ19
06-23-2004, 08:39 AM
I was like FM, I didn't know people knew each other here, and would pop into threads and post. Now I am more carefull.
Oh my...you'd be amazed at how much stuff happens behind the scenes (at parties, events, on the phone, etc) and how many private jokes get twisted and turned on the boards just for the fun of it. Then you get peeps doing the cross board thing, they bring up things from years gone by...if you are seriously trying to keep up with it all, you'll drive yourself insane! :D

MRS FLYIN VEE
06-23-2004, 08:40 AM
I have always thought dishwashers should have garbage disposals in them so they can chew up the food on the dishes, so you don't have to rinse them first!
garbage disposals are a plumbers best friend.. :D

MJ19
06-23-2004, 08:40 AM
I thought that's why all that water runs through the garbage disposal? :eek: I never rinse...it really bothers Miller too..but heck, a dish washer is a dish washer and my dish can stay in there until it comes out clean :p

MRS FLYIN VEE
06-23-2004, 08:41 AM
Originally posted by MJ19
I thought that's why all that water runs through the garbage disposal? :eek: I never rinse...it really bothers Miller too..but heck, a dish washer is a dish washer and my dish can stay in there until it comes out clean :p
LOL!! you get many stoppages..;)

1stepcloser
06-23-2004, 08:42 AM
My dad bought our first family boat around 1969. (I was 6) and we would go down to Long Beach harbor, cruise and fish.
Later, my stepdad introduced me to the river :), Parker, of all places, Echo Lodge to be specific. I was around 12.
I bought my first boat in 1989, after returning to Lake Havasu, boatless, since 87.
So, yeah, I had a boat before I joined the Forums.:)

MJ19
06-23-2004, 08:47 AM
LOL!! you get many stoppages..;)
No...only once in the 10+years I've been here...and it was so bad, we had to replace the whole garbage disposal, but it was due...we needed a new one...I like to feed it chicken bones & celery to keep'm strong :D

Bob Hostetter
06-23-2004, 08:48 AM
Didn't realize there was a class system here.......I just joined the list to check things out a couple of days ago, or was it yesterday?
I owned a boat before joining......
Started with an Eliminator 19 foot pickle, moved to a Cole TR-III, and now have a Hallet V-drive cruiser. Before that my parents had boats. I grew up at the river, mostly at Telephone cove. Spent a little time wrenching on drag boats, the last one being the "Caught in the Act" BFH (pre Capusle days). earned to build big, bad, blown motors and rig flatbottoms while working at Troy Davis's Riverside Boat and and Marine.
Do I qualify for newbie status, or do I have to start as a wannabe?

MRS FLYIN VEE
06-23-2004, 08:49 AM
No...only once in the 10+years I've been here...and it was so bad, we had to replace the whole garbage disposal, but it was due...we needed a new one...I like to feed it chicken bones & celery to keep'm strong :D
LMAO!! just a tip.. don't run hot water down the diposal when it's on.. it dulls the blades. ;)

riverbound
06-23-2004, 08:49 AM
My first river trip was when I was 2 weeks old. My family has been going to Parker for over 30 years and we have had pretty much every style of boat made. I bought my first boat at the age of 10, zodiac w/ 5hp motor. I then bought my self some jetskis when I was 16 and now am on to my current boat.

MRS FLYIN VEE
06-23-2004, 08:50 AM
Originally posted by Bob Hostetter
Didn't realize there was a class system here.......I just joined the list to check things out a couple of days ago, or was it yesterday?
I owned a boat before joining......
Started with an Eliminator 19 foot pickle, moved to a Cole TR-III, and now have a Hallet V-drive cruiser. Before that my parents had boats. I grew up at the river, mostly at Telephone cove. Spent a little time wrenching on drag boats, the last one being the "Caught in the Act" BFH (pre Capusle days). earned to build big, bad, blown motors and rig flatbottoms while working at Troy Davis's Riverside Boat and and Marine.
Do I qualify for newbie status, or do I have to start as a wannabe?
welcome aboard Newbie.. hope you have fun.. newbie or wanabe.. we love ya..;)

Debbolas
06-23-2004, 08:53 AM
Welcome!
If you don't have a boat, you need to show Tom Brown your tits......LOL;)

MJ19
06-23-2004, 09:04 AM
LMAO!! just a tip.. don't run hot water down the diposal when it's on.. it dulls the blades. ;)
Oh no...I'm a cold water runner...and I like to pop a few ice cubes in there now and then to really spice things up :D

MJ19
06-23-2004, 09:05 AM
Originally posted by Bob Hostetter
O geez...another newbie :rolleyes:
Welcome aboard! :D

MRS FLYIN VEE
06-23-2004, 09:06 AM
Oh no...I'm a cold water runner...and I like to pop a few ice cubes in there now and then to really spice things up :D
LOL!! :D :D

RiverDave
06-23-2004, 09:11 AM
Oh my...you'd be amazed at how much stuff happens behind the scenes (at parties, events, on the phone, etc) and how many private jokes get twisted and turned on the boards just for the fun of it. Then you get peeps doing the cross board thing, they bring up things from years gone by...if you are seriously trying to keep up with it all, you'll drive yourself insane! :D
LOL..... :D Why wifey whatever do you mean? :D :D
RD

topless
06-23-2004, 09:18 AM
I guess I sorta HAD a boat before I joined. It actually is my ex's and I used to clean it, polish the aluminum (pain in the ass by the way), help tear town the motors (yes, it is plural) when he would blow them a couple times a year. Hell, I even learned the firing for a Ford AND a Chevy. Now I'm just a post ***** with no boat who still loves the river and misses going there as often as I used to.:frown:

MRS FLYIN VEE
06-23-2004, 09:19 AM
Originally posted by topless
I guess I sorta HAD a boat before I joined. It actually is my ex's and I used to clean it, polish the aluminum (pain in the ass by the way), help tear town the motors (yes, it is plural) when he would blow them a couple times a year. Hell, I even learned the firing for a Ford AND a Chevy. Now I'm just a post ***** with no boat who still loves the river and misses going there as often as I used to.:frown:
your always welcome to come with us sweetie.;)

My Man's Sportin' Wood
06-23-2004, 09:30 AM
I grew up on boats, boat camping with my parents at Mohave and Havasu the whole time we were kids. They always had a boat and after our kids were born, and we bought our house, we decided it was time to get our own boat so we could bring our friends. Plus my parents are too hardcore for me. They want to be on the water at 6 or 7 am and won't get off until 8 at night (sorry, but I have to have at least one real meal!) That got old, so we new we needed our own boat so we could do it our way.
We got our first boat (1970 sidewinder) in 1997. We had it for a year or 2 but every time Jeff started the engine my little boy would scream non-stop. We ended up selling it to my younger brother and getting the Hallett with the covered engine in 1998. We just found this board last year.

MJ19
06-23-2004, 09:36 AM
Originally posted by RiverDave
LOL..... :D Why wifey whatever do you mean? :D :D
RD
I have no idea :p :D

topless
06-23-2004, 09:40 AM
your always welcome to come with us sweetie.;)
Thank you hun. I even bought a new river hat this year. :)

DUNDUN
06-23-2004, 09:52 AM
I've been boating since I was four.
Our first boat was a 64' Hallett flat,
Our second boat was a 70' Hallett flat, (The one We have now)
My stepdad got a 03' Sea Ray 18 footer last year.

MRS FLYIN VEE
06-23-2004, 09:53 AM
Originally posted by topless
Thank you hun. I even bought a new river hat this year. :)
cool.. I need a new one.. mine pretty tore up.. LOL!!;)

SchellSchock
06-23-2004, 10:14 AM
I went back and Looked....No where in the sign up for this forum does it say "you MUST have a boat to be here.... or boat must be of ????? TYPE...
I have a boat but that isn't the point. My experience is MOST of the people here are have interesting, informative, pertinent things to add to the overall topics explored on these forums. There are always 1 or 2 who feel they are superior than the rest due to whatever. IMHO all are welcome here and anyone who wants to "label" others on here are just showing their ignorance and intolerance.

YW82DRM
06-23-2004, 11:00 AM
I like your attitude Schell Schock. Thanks for making a girl feel welcome..... ;) ;)

MJ19
06-23-2004, 12:15 PM
Originally posted by SchellSchock
I went back and Looked....No where in the sign up for this forum does it say "you MUST have a boat to be here....
Did you miss the days back when you couldn't even post a message if it didn't have the word "BOAT" in it :eek:
It was classic...I think that's why they started the "sanbar section" in the first place because some people were getting so pissed that others were chit chatting about nothing much and requested that all threads refer to boats some how some way...and so people would post their nonsense and then at the end of the post type in the word "BOAT" :D

Sleek-Jet
06-23-2004, 12:31 PM
I like your attitude Schell Schock. Thanks for making a girl feel welcome..... ;) ;)
Everybody's welcome, there are just a few frumpy peeps that get their knickers in a knot every once in a while. :D
This place is THE drama spot.
Like MJ19 said, wait untill you start posting on the other boards, trying to keep stuff straight get's to be pretty hard.
Oh yeah, welcome to Drama Boat. :D

Scream
06-23-2004, 12:33 PM
This is my third boat, fourth water craft of any type. Just found this forum by accident when shopping for a new boat. I knew cool people were into boating, but not this many folks.
Glad I found ***boat, now if I could only get my work done...

miller19j
06-23-2004, 01:05 PM
LOL!! :D :D Don’t get me started on Wifey’s mistreatment of our appliances!
One day she put a whole bouquet of flowers down the garbage disposal. Now with the fibrous nature of the plant stems you can only imagine what happened next. Instead of waiting for me to come home she decided to put some liquid plumber in it and fill the sink with water to remove the clog! Yea that will work….Anyway after an hour of trying to remove fibrous plants, Liquid Plumber and water from our garbage disposal I had it free only to find out that it was now broken. :rolleyes:
Did you know that if you submerge your arm in liquid plumber for and hour you end up with chemical burns. :eek:
Oh I love my wife! :eek: :D

MRS FLYIN VEE
06-23-2004, 01:14 PM
Originally posted by miller19j
Don’t get me started on Wifey’s mistreatment of our appliances!
One day she put a whole bouquet of flowers down the garbage disposal. Now with the fibrous nature of the plant stems you can only imagine what happened next. Instead of waiting for me to come home she decided to put some liquid plumber in it and fill the sink with water to remove the clog! Yea that will work….Anyway after an hour of trying to remove fibrous plants, Liquid Plumber and water from our garbage disposal I had it free only to find out that it was now broken. :rolleyes:
Did you know that if you submerge your arm in liquid plumber for and hour you end up with chemical burns. :eek:
Oh I love my wife! :eek: :D
LOL!! hmmmm now the other side comes out... I have both sides to listen too.. LOL!! the full story that is
The liquid plumber honeslty is the worse thing to put in a drain.. I hope she didn't put it in the garbage disposal side.
but as long as it works now.. and yes the liquid burns the crap out of ya.. :yuk: ;) ;):D

miller19j
06-23-2004, 01:24 PM
LOL!! hmmmm now the other side comes out... I have both sides to listen too.. LOL!! the full story that is
The liquid plumber honeslty is the worse thing to put in a drain.. I hope she didn't put it in the garbage disposal side.
but as long as it works now.. and yes the liquid burns the crap out of ya.. :yuk: ;) ;):D Oh ….. After that when I replaced the Garbage Disposal I got the biggest one I could find. Something like a 1 horse disposal. So now when my wife uses the garbage disposal as a garden chipper shredder I will be ok. :D

YW82DRM
06-23-2004, 01:43 PM
Well ever since I found this forum I can barely get anything done at work. It's quite addicting. I have to admit it is a bit intimidating feeling like you are barging into someone else's conversation. It's just nice to know that there are crazier people out there than me. Work can get a bit frustrating..... Then up goes the forum and it all goes away for a minute. Hopefully someday I will have the honor to meet some of you.... Drink some vodka- crans and party... Ps Are most of you from So Cal?
Jenny

topless
06-23-2004, 01:46 PM
Well ever since I found this forum I can barely get anything done at work. It's quite addicting. I have to admit it is a bit intimidating feeling like you are barging into someone else's conversation. It's just nice to know that there are crazier people out there than me. Work can get a bit frustrating..... Then up goes the forum and it all goes away for a minute. Hopefully someday I will have the honor to meet some of you.... Drink some vodka- crans and party... Ps Are most of you from So Cal?
Jenny
Are you Her454's sister?

MsDrmr
06-23-2004, 01:48 PM
I have boat

YW82DRM
06-23-2004, 01:48 PM
Nope don't even know her454? Name is Jenny and just move to the Sac area a year ago. Have a little sis but she hates drinking and load boats...... I think I am adopted.......Why?

YW82DRM
06-23-2004, 01:49 PM
I am jealous MRDRMR:D

YW82DRM
06-23-2004, 01:50 PM
Oops sorry MRSDRMR

topless
06-23-2004, 01:51 PM
Nope don't even know her454? Name is Jenny and just move to the Sac area a year ago. Have a little sis but she hates drinking and load boats...... I think I am adopted.......Why? Because Her454 has a couple sisters and I know one of them recently joined the forums. I thought she had a sis named Jenny and you both live in Northern Cali. Thats Ok, welcome none the less.:)

YW82DRM
06-23-2004, 01:53 PM
Sorry..... Thanks for the welcome:)

Co-Pilot
06-23-2004, 01:57 PM
Hey YW82DRM,
I am in the situation, since joining I can not get any work done. My productivity has dropped 6.5% since yesterday :eek!:

MRS FLYIN VEE
06-23-2004, 01:57 PM
Originally posted by miller19j
Oh ….. After that when I replaced the Garbage Disposal I got the biggest one I could find. Something like a 1 horse disposal. So now when my wife uses the garbage disposal as a garden chipper shredder I will be ok. :D
LMAO!! good thinkin.. ;) :D

YW82DRM
06-23-2004, 01:59 PM
It's pretty bad when I log off and then I have a smoke then I come back look at the pile of work and log back on. I feel sorta bad but then I realize I am under paid anyway so what the hell. Working for the same damn co for 6 years..... blah blah

bilgewiper
06-23-2004, 02:06 PM
I had about 18 different boats before finding this forum. Probably up to about 26 now. Mostly all "used" but a few new too. My parents always had boats. My kids think boating year around is just normal because they don't know any different. I just spent most the day contorting my 300lbs. under the dash of my little 18' Laveycraft that was telling me "you are told old and fat to be under here....take a break and hit the Hot Boat Forums"......So here I am. That wiring can wait.....for a while anyway.
Ethan
"Time spent boating is NOT deducted from one's lifespan"

YW82DRM
06-23-2004, 02:08 PM
Citrus Height Huh?

bilgewiper
06-23-2004, 02:09 PM
Between Sacramento and Roseville

YW82DRM
06-23-2004, 02:10 PM
I am very close. I only ask because I only see SO CAL people on here and I was feeling a bit lonely. I work in Rocklin. Nice to meet you neighbor

bilgewiper
06-23-2004, 02:21 PM
Welcome to the forums YW8DRM! There is a few of us in N. Ca............the Southern end of the state does not have a monopoly on having fun on the water thank goodness, cause I would sure hate to have to move down there at this stage in my life just to go boating. I do most all of my boating mid-week so I doubt I'd be able to drive a boat in S. Ca on a weekend without being scared $hitless.

YW82DRM
06-23-2004, 03:06 PM
Where do you go? I was suprised myself to see so many So Cal people on this site. I am crazy about boats and my other half is sick of hearing about it. I think my family thinks I am crazy. Growing up on my dad's boats was cool but I am ready for my own. That's why I jumped on this site to get a little of insight before I go out and buy one. NOt to mention dad is ready to buy a new dray boat and said "WE" should get a jet!!! I laughed when he said we...... I can't even come within 10 feet of vette now!